AnonD-70148, 10 Mar 2015How can you say that its overpriced. You are wrong infact. Iphone 6 or 6 plus is overpriced. S... moreI agree with you, of course price will be high for samsung, brand new chipset, brand new design, new camera tons of the latest tech none of this recycled stuff like 8mp camera and using the frames 2 years running woth every itteration, the only down side for me is the sd slot but as long as samsung actually release the different storage models from day one then there is no issue for me, tha galaxy s6 edge kills it for me, awesome design amd cool looki g and sleek, i think a titanium or dark grey shade would look cool
AnonD-342102, 10 Mar 2015good news for Samsung I see only GSM ARENA posting positive news for Sammy...even that is not consistent. No matter what they try to spin if they price it equal to iPhone, S6 will not sell even half of S5 .
FG, 10 Mar 2015Haters... Let me tell you something. no matter what you think samsung will ALWAYS sell like cr... moregreat joke. I think you missed /s. because the year 2014 is an exception for both S5 and Note4. They did not sell like hot cakes. Sammy estimated income is still low for 2015 also.
DAVE the BRAVE, 10 Mar 2015"Of those, 4 million Galaxy S6 units will roll off the assembly lines this month along wi... moreI think it meant 1 million Galaxy S6 Edge devices in addition to the 4 Million Galaxy S6 devices to start.
while some new brand give the phone 2microsd slots and 64gb memory others are not capable of giving 1/10th of possible memory in that phone in cheaper price. And its not some low-end. iCopy
AnonD-70148, 10 Mar 2015How can you say that its overpriced. You are wrong infact. Iphone 6 or 6 plus is overpriced. S... moreBut no phones is been as reliable as Apple. Samsung phone will work good for 2 to 3 yrs while iphone lasts for 3 to 4 yrs.
The GS6 was disappointing so if they do sell the estimated 13 million handsets does go to prove that we as a society are more about show then substance. so based on that the iwatch will also sell by the truck load. It does make me sad seeing how lame we have all got. Sam fans, Apple fans. How about being a "fan of man" and Grow up.
I'm suprised there isn't more demands for the S6 Edge than the regular S6.
SURELY even if it's priced the same as the iPhone 6+ the Edge is the superior device with that fancy curved screen - for just pose factor alone! :)
Sadly I think I'll die of old age before any of these come to Canada - they haven't even sorted Lollipop for ANY devices over here yet :'(
To all you Apple fans out there here's the reality:
- Samsung is the most technologically advanced company in the world whereas Apple is just a marketing and designing company.
- Samsung is about 1-2 years ahead of TSMC/Qualcomm in FinFET chip technology. Samsung's new Exynos 7420 is based on 14nm whereas Apple's new chip is based on 20nm.
- Samsung just overtook Intel as the first company to manufacture 10nm FinFET chips. Samsung is now officially the most technologically advanced company in the world.
- Samsung will manufacture all CPUs and RAM (actually some of that RAM will be manufactured by another Korean company, SK Hynix) for the iPhone 6S.
- Apple can not manufacture its own chips because it would take decades for any cash investments in translate into technological advancements. It took Samsung decades to develop the technological infrastructure and capacity to mass manufacture the world's most technologically advanced chips. No new start-up company can catch up to Samsung in years... to even catch up it would take decades. This is why Apple has continually relied on Samsung's technological advancement to make their iPhones become a reality.
- TSMC is going down the drain because Qualcomm has just moved to Samsung to make its chips. TSMC basically has no customers now since Apple already has a significant inventory of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
- Samsung's profits increased in Q4 of last year and is forecast to keep on increasing to 2012 levels.
- Samsung is the world's 2nd largest shipbuilder after Hyundai Heavy Industries, the largest construction and engineering firm having built the the tallest building in the world (the Burj Khalifa in Dubai) and manufactures TVs, refrigerators, monitors, SSDs, cars, printers, skyscrapers, electric car batteries, jet engine parts, etc.
- Apple only makes iPhones, iPads, iPods and Macs/Macbooks. So I guess this is why Apple is moving onto iCars now.
- Also Samsung's core business is not even smartphones... it's in technologically advanced semiconductors.
- Apple will fall eventually because it's not diversified enough.
It's laughable to think that Apple's pile of cash will do much for the company in the long run. Sure, it may be the "wealthiest company in the world" but that doesn't mean anything if the only products its sells are limited to just a few electronics. That is a sure way for it to fall quickly in a few years time. That's why Apple is investing into iCars... electric cars not gasoline cars because everyone is still rushing to develop electric cars. Apple can not and will not compete in gasoline cars.
Buying Apple smartphones will make Apple think that it does not need to diversify and just rest on its laurels.
Muthu, 10 Mar 2015I am not a hater of Samsung. But I also feel the same as what he wrote, i.e. S6 sales will be ... moreHow can you say that its overpriced. You are wrong infact. Iphone 6 or 6 plus is overpriced. Sam put 14 nm 64 bit octa core processor, much pixel dense display, built in wireless charging and v advanced camera. This certainly increase price as compared to IPh with dual core slow speed processor and low mp camera and nothing else.
FG, 10 Mar 2015Haters... Let me tell you something. no matter what you think samsung will ALWAYS sell like cr... moreI am not a hater of Samsung. But I also feel the same as what he wrote, i.e. S6 sales will be disappointing like S5 sales.
ii) Dealbreakers in the name of SD card slot, non-removable battery
iii) Most importantly - there is no need for android flagships for millions of users. Android mid-rangers have already killed android flagships.
iv) Whatever Samsung does - ifans are not going to start buying android flagships anytime soon which are equally overpriced.
"Of those, 4 million Galaxy S6 units will roll off the assembly lines this month along with 1 million Galaxy S6."
So 5 million Galaxy S6s?
AnonD-183154, 10 Mar 2015Apple sold 73 millions phones in 3 months. Samsung needs 2 months just to make 21 million phones.they say it's not how u started but how u get THERE.....
[deleted post]the customer service for any brand is very bad in egypt not only samsung
AnonD-361306, 10 Mar 2015That's good news for samsung, though It is quite far behind the 75 million units sold, iphone... moreYou are completely incorrect, as apple didn't sold 75mln iPhone 6/+. They sold 75m of iPhone 5s,5c and 6/+ where obviously they sold more 5c/5s not the 6/+.
Over 2014 Samsung still shipped 270mln phones, while apple 149mln. I am not denying that apple had good year, but Samsung is far from being behind.