it's a combination of all of the above. hyped up figures, carrier problems, and good competition all around.
Too much competition! Customer has great choices. Ignoring platform fanboi wars:
1. Note 4 (I have one and it's superb for productivity apps)
2. HTC One M8/9 (Nice build, stereo speakers)
3. LG G3 (and forthcoming 4 and flex 2)
4. OnePlus (Value!)
5. Nexus 5/6 (Pure Android)
6. iPhone 6/6+ (Shiny, nice camera, works with Apple Watch)
7. S6/S6 Edge of course
8. Lumias if you like those
9. Misc good value phones from Huawei and other Chinese vendors
Clearly the 70M sales report is a publicity stunt and no one is that stupid to believe that. I hope the G4 kills S6. Replaceable battery and micro SD card FTW!
hahahahahahahaha *heavy breathing* *deep breath in* hahahahahahahahahaha