it's fair enough of nokia to sue if apple generally have done something untoward, but why has it taken 2+ years for nokia to do so ????
seems a bit odd as only last week nokia announced a big drop in smart phone sales and apple quite the opposite , lets face apple have made a fantastic product that has changed the game , nokia seem stuck on the back foot , android and osx will rule
thats why apple is doing so good.ripping off their own people.
No-one here is a patent lawyer, the patents haven't even been linked to.
The decision regarding what Apple is accused of will be decided by people with that knowledge.
Nokia demanded $6 to $12 PER iPhone sold, Apple said no, it's too much (which it is as it is a cost that is much higher than the chips in question).
Do you think other companies are paying Nokia $6-$12 per phone?
Nokia is trying to speed their negotiations along with threatened court action and a settlement will probably be reached before then unless Apple's lawyers believe they have a strong case.
hey everybody!...listen up..nokia is gonna ensure that it tears apple limb from limb. apple fans are dumb cause they dont actually know about technology.they get chuffed about apple implementing mms and stuff when everybody else were already using it for ages. do u know why this is happening?cause apple is an american company and american people are dumb, and everybody knows that american made products are just crap...thats why is doing so good.
i dreamed of the day apple wud get sued for their iphone. finally =)
apple say they r so innovative and yet wat hv they come up with that is new on the iphone?
- accelerometer was on other phones before like htc advantage x7501 but i think it was used for scrolling and not flipping the screen cos it was almost always in landscape mode.
- they did not invent multitouch and therefore have no right to sue other companies like palm for using multitouch.
- they copied numerous palm patents such as the way iphone makes calls, ambient light sensor for display brightness, msging...
- neonode was the first phone company to feature slide to unlock and flick ur finger to scroll thru menus. (and also so far the only phone company to use optical touchscreen - the best type of touchscreen as its more responsive than capacitive, supports multitouch, u can touch it with anything including stylus, gloves..., its cheap to make and fits any screen without altering the screen itself. resistive for example uses several flexible plastic layers which make colors fade especially under sunlight.)
- the design of iphone isnt original there were several phones with a large touchscreen and minimal buttons around it.
- as the article points out they copied nokias connectivity
- appstore from hackers who jailbroke iphone
- they didnt introduce capacitive touchscreen on a phone. lg prada for example had it before iphone.
i really hope nokia wins cos then maybe apple will feel as tho they hv to make something original and inovative instead of putting a shiny apple sticker on outdated technology.
nokia is lost this time .also nokia makeing phone after sony irecsson always .im sorry every bady known nokia is nomber 3 after samsung and sony irecsson .now samsung number one
[deleted post]Hahaha... yes it's true. One cannot get bored with their apple toys.
even children will get over their toys, but appleboys don't! hahaha...
Btw, since you mention flash support, it's one of Android advantage over apple OS. And again, free market and open sorce!
Android rocks..! XD
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2009This is what Apple's COO said for Palm Pre using multitouch: "We like competition. As long a... moreyeah...but still palm pre get the idea from iphone right...that's my point..i didnt say they ripp off apple tech, they just copycat :P
and now i officially announce the fanboi wars...
btw- GO WINMO.
No worries, mate. I can use my tongue to answer the phone. When there's a will there's a way:)
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2009You are wrong. Iphone is always tied to a carrier. That is how it works best. Those unlocke... morethey are not tampered!
I live in eruope, you don't!
Please understand, that some coutries here have laws that prevent operators from tying a specific model themselfs, they just have to offer the same phone without locking.
Apple had to do that.
I understand it hard for you to accept, that you bought an iPhone locked to a carrier, when you could have imported one without simlocking.
But rest assure, they are more expensive.
And the article has nothing to do with operators, so you didnt read it properly. And you didnt read the source either.
stop being silly.
ban apple for good
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2009France, italy, among other countries, Apple are forced by law to sell unlocked phones in these... moreYou are wrong. Iphone is always tied to a carrier. That is how it works best. Those unlocked iphones are tampered iphones. Even here in the US, there are unlocked iphones as well. So it's not just in Europe.
I've read the article silly. Maybe you need to read it again :)
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2009all iPhone users are tech illiterate. most of them show off their phone to let people know tha... moreHey silly. No one is forcing you to read articles or anything about the iphone. It is you who chose to learn anything about the iphone. Did anyone force you to read this article? Gosh, some people are just so dumb :)
Carry on, people. I'm dying to see more action from both sides.
Wow...the plastic company is sueing the fruit company!
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2009This is what Apple's COO said for Palm Pre using multitouch:
"We like competition. As long a... moreLOL on thous who think apple invented and patent multi-touch (rofl)
I patent the letter A, anyone who will use the letter, must buy a license ...
apple is like a religion to its fans, no matter which ever way we try to show them the iphone is a rip off it won't work
so just don bother, let nokia rip apple in half
yea sue them till dry lol
This is what Apple's COO said for Palm Pre using multitouch:
"We like competition. As long as they don't rip off our intellectual property. And if they do, we're going to go after anybody that does." ..