Just purchased the black Note 4. It's amazing, this will last me a good 2 years before I upgrade. By then Samsung will release something extraordinary.
p-chan, 12 Jun 2015Apple doesn't lag? Lol, that's what I called denial.Really? I thought it's called 'personal experience'.
I think they should offer the "4K" display option for those who wish to use their note 5 with the Samsung VR system....
Its good to see the battery increase and no increase in resolution. The screen size increase is ok as long as the phone doesn't get much bigger.
No word on Micro SD or removable battery... if these aren't in a lot of Note 3 and Note 4 users simply won't upgrade.
AnonD-237024, 11 Jun 2015"though the rumored jump to 4K resolution is not going to happen" Hallelujah.damn right, i guess they are still sane thank god, i'd switch to note 5 if it's beating note 4 in every edge.
geordie81, 12 Jun 2015note 4 sales were poor? no your wrong, note 4 sales are the highest of the note series so far,... moreshipping and sales are totally two different things .
Check the quarterly results after Note 4 got released.
And samsung is yet to officially announce the figures ( doing the samething for S6 as well ).
Anyway the effects of poor Note 4 is still visible ( even after considering poor S5 sales )
AnonD-364786, 12 Jun 2015Other than Specs , Note 5 seems to offer nothing new. We can safely assume that iPhone 6 Pl... morenote 4 sales were poor? no your wrong, note 4 sales are the highest of the note series so far, shipping 4.5 million in the first month alone, sales in q4 had nothing to do with sales, but from the 3 billion in research and development in the earlier quarters, along with the poor s5 sales, and no the iphone 6+ did not cannibalise the note 4 sales at all, something like 91% of iphone 6/6+ buyers came from an older iphone model while the other 9% came from android, windows, and other platforms or even as their first mobiles, just google and these numbers are easy enough to find
5.9 inch is too big. I think 5.6 is just right
Other than Specs , Note 5 seems to offer nothing new.
We can safely assume that iPhone 6 Plus stole Note 4's lunch.
Considering the poor sales of Note 4 ( evident from samsungs poor Q4 2014 and Q1 2015 ) , Note 5 might see the same fate.
Sad reality for the samsung is that they are yet to announce Note 4's sales or shipped figures so far.
Operation_Blitz, 11 Jun 2015Everyone seems to make comparisons with IPhone 6 plus well I have one and I used to have a gal... moreI can see that you are a liar ; you never had an iphone 6 plus ; iphones doesn't lag and are very responsive. Keep your cheapo phone.
Functionality of a desktop is more important than looks. Removable battery and SD in addition to UFS is mandatory. 2k or 4k is fantastic. 4gb minimum, 6gb ram would be a huge selling point. 20 mp camera, 8 mp front side shooter would be my preference. Dual edge 5.9 screen with an ugly removable Kevlar cover would be preferable to any fragile Apple looking glitz. USB "C" is a natural progression of technology. Dual OS, windows 10 with hot swappable Android M, would make Note 5 a desktop/laptop killer. S-Pen with full mouse-like functionality would push this device into the next decade.
Sounds like i wont be keeping note 4 :/
if i dont see any other cool phones than note 5 :) because i don't really like samsung
Please keep the sd card and replaceable battery..
Allan, 11 Jun 2015What we really need from Samsung is to preinstall HD Voice on all of their new phones first. ... moreYou mean the one like international unlocked? You actually can get it by purchasing through Amazon site...^_^
Please add 6 GB RAM to run touchwiz lag free! ;)
AnonD-365011, 11 Jun 2015That sounds good, what if the pricing seems so expensive like S6, will that bother you decidin... moreWhat we really need from Samsung
is to preinstall HD Voice on all of their new phones first. We also need unlocked, unbranded phones from
Samsung, because every carrier branded Samsung phone
has a strong lag and doesn't feel as fast as top Huawei or LG phones.
AnonD-398383, 11 Jun 2015Well, that seals the deal for me. I've been a Sony fan, but they've really disappointed lately... moreNone of these specs are announced nor is the design or even other competing phablet competitors. I would recommend not sealing this deal until you are ready to actually make a purchase.
AnonD-365011, 11 Jun 2015That sounds good, what if the pricing seems so expensive like S6, will that bother you decidin... moreThe S6 is somewhat a cult device like the iPhone carrying a premium because of that. The Note 5 on the other hand is a business device but carrying a premium because of that. Still, I think the Note 5 will be priced closer to cost than the S6. And I'm willing to pay if I get something in return for my money. What I will not pay for is cult.