The other layout worked perfectly for over 10 years, why change it? This new layout is a mess.
Changing for the sake of changing.. this is why we can't have nice things for too long.
Why did you guys change the design? The old one was really good and easy to read. The new design is horrible. Please change it back to how it was or i wont be coming back.
I'm not sure if it's my internet connection but your current rankings table is showing wrong results, please check.
I need to report a bug, there's a hamburger menu in the upper most left corner
Not much of a difference on mobile. Just notice these the ads take a bigger amount of space. And that the links have a description of a few lines that make sit look horrible and ugly. The description is the preview enough. Please change back.
The new homepage is just a waste of space. With the old layout I could see most of the headlines without even scrolling and now I see 1-2 titles of news only. The phone finder takes 1/6 of the screen and I am pretty sure most of us just use the search box to find a phone so it is just wasted space.
Nice design, colors and all but in terms of content-wise, this is way much worse!!!
I like where you are trying to go and I love the new features and the uplifted old ones. However I do not like the design decisions behind implementing them.
1. Just for reference about your scaling from my previous post - this, what I believe, is the space that your navigation bar along with the top image should take - http://prntscr.com/7r9zzl (screenshot taken on a 1080p laptop display running latest chrome with a 110% page scaling)
2. You can use ads on the side of the page to fill in the void there if needed and maybe use that review that sits alone at the top next to the ads and put it instead of the phone finder or lower the phone finder down to where the related articles begin if it is that important.
3. Lots of alignments are wrong such as the purposely(?) indented lonely review at the top (in this case the z3+ review) or Latest Phones starting further down than News and Blog and that is just the main page.
4. Another fact is the review section looks pretty much as if all the articles were ads. Especially some ads have extremely similar background pictures to what you are using and that adds to the confusion already created by the size and positioning of the section and the fact that the top review is right next to it does not help either.
@gsmarena: Only poll can give you answers on what users feel about the new design-peroiod!
I'm sure most of us like to see the old design back in place!
if you guys really want to make changes, just keep the old layout as is and try different color combinations to make it eye catchy as the old layout was just perfect!!
Problem with my built in Samsung browser or your website is not yet optimised for mobile reading. It shows lots of blank spaces. Check and let me know.
1) It looks WAY better. Do NOT go back!!
IN THE HOME SCREEN:
2) The arrow for 'more reviews' is really really useful, but there is no way to know what that arrow does. Please have a hover functionality or something that can tell new visitors what that arrow is.
3) From the three columns, make the first column smaller, news column slightly larger and blog column larger than it is right now.
4) Re-align Blogs and News and make it consistent. Also, the text for News is above the picture, while for Blogs it is below the picture.
5) A bit longer News tiles might solve the above inconsistency issue and will also make it more visible.
6) There is a visual glitch between 'Features' and 'Battery'... Find it and fix it (A quest for you).
7) The comments section should be hidden, and visible only when wanted.
8) Have a hover feature over the tabs. For example, your mouse is at 'Chipset' or at 'Exynos 7420'. Then the entire row of the Chipset and Exynos 7420 should be lit up with a slighly different colour.
9) In the Product Page, bring the 'Phone Finder' at the bottom of everything else in that column. All the other stuff is extremely important. Phone Finder can be accessed from any other page as well, so, it is not that urgent to viewer.
10) Product Page is too gray... PLEASE: Don't be like Microsoft!! bring more colour... (eg: permanently colour the heart, display, camera, ram & battery icons; Red-ify the name of the device (Samsung Galaxy S6).
11) Have the 'Summary Boxes' (Display, Camera, RAM/Chip, Battery) in the Compare Page too!! I Think it will make an unexpected impact.
P.S: If you put stylized inverted commas in a comment, then it gives you an error and says that the opinion field is empty. Please fix this issue. Thanks
These are only slight visual things that I noticed. Otherwise, this update really makes a huge impression!! Watch out Engadget and TheVerge!!!
I am typing a BIIG comment, but:
I am getting error: comment not posted: Empty opinion field.
The new design is not user friendly and the mobile version rendering is off in many browsers i use. It's very frustrating to see my favorite website is upside down!!! :-(
Please come up with fix asap...
Browser I'm using are opera mini and UC browser
I even tried using chrome and find no good results either