It's actually just a matter of time GSMArena will bring the old view back. Been there at several times, where a group was really arrogant to defend their new style, eventually the arrogance will be gone and you WILL have to listen to the readers. An example will be Tapatalk, don't know how many people asked to bring the old design back, yet they were stubborn, in fact some mods said that the new design is going to stay, and now look.
Only be stubborn when you are confident and right and people are supporting you.
In my other comment there are a few things I forgot to mention.
1. Design wise it is.. ok.. that you're trying to do something more flashy with eye candy but keep in mind that everyone is trying to move to a simplistic flat design as it is easier both for the user and for the machine the user uses.
2. Your main page is a complete mess. A total mixture of horizontal reviews and vertical news.. really? You've been here for 15 years and I've been visiting for the past 11 or 12 of those and what you decided to do with that experience is create such a confusing layout?
3. Not to mention the fact that text inside pictures is really not the way to go.. sure keep the title on the picture but where's the short description (for the reviews section)?
4. The banner is far too big.. if you make it about 30-35% smaller it would be better. And the way the whole website scales is more than annoying. I'm using the latest version of chrome and firefox with a full hd screen and I tested it on both - if you want to be able to read the text from a fairly suitable distance (i.e. 125% scaling) or just don't want half your screen to be blank space you better be prepared for images that take the top half of your screen and a banner that takes another 5th on top leaving you with a lot of scrolling to get to the bit that matters - information.
4. I know you are the ones with the statistics for your website and which part is viewed how much but do that many people use the phone finder in order for it to be on every single page? Maybe you can use that space for the needlessly large images.
5. You are definitely my most favourite website and because of you my passion of mobile phones has lead me to become a mobile developer - I love the way you do your reviews and the way you test your phones and I love the fact that you put mostly mobile related news in your news section compared to other websites who go for full technology. I will really try to make this website grow on me but I would be happier if you could tone things down with the website - feels like it shouts at me constantly and on top of that the layout is really confusing cause for one thing i need to look left to right for another up to down and not to mention that I can barely see the news section or blog section without having to scroll down and that is not good.
Sorry for the long post but I had to speak out as I don't want you to become the website I used to visit simply because you've made it harder to use and reach the information that I like.
There's a bigger gap between lines of text than there is space between articles. It's just not intuitive. It's like someone turned "zoom" on the wrong parts of the page. :-s
Um, the photo you are using for the "Introducing the new GSMArena.com" has a 'buyer's guide' photo in the home page... Kind of made it difficult to find.
This will take a lot of getting used to... really not liking the fact that the top part of every screen is a massive picture.. I've been using this website for about 11 years now and never have I thought "hmm.. this would be tons better if it had an almost pointless massive picture spanning across almost the entire top part of the screen" and by that I mean that it takes far too much of the vertical part of the screen making the users scroll down more than needed to begin the actual part they are here for - the info...
How can it change back? The old version was nice and pretty and one could see all the impotrant informations clearly but the new version is just ugly. :(
I thought it was just me being critical, but like many others, I'm glad the ratings have gone, yet when I came on the home page, I thought my browser was broken, for the same reasons stated as others I think the layout is awfull, those of us that love gsmarena were happy with the old lay out, day after day it was like coming home.
Its good that you are doing something about bias, but everything is in vain if you let the pro apple/ samsung mockers on the story teams write apple or samsung headline stories. If the chief editor reads stories with bias undertone and unnecessary apple content in a story that doesn't concern them, ,then the authors of such should be given areas to cover that are dead to there biases. Then all the manufacturers would be seen to have equal favour ,its hard to stop fanboyism, when some of the stories are portrayed in such a way as to shepherd those who do such,into the right channels to propagate their wares .
My observations are genuine, and you only have to go back days to find it. People who are writing a story should not be mocking and subtly undermining the manufacturer they are writing about , nor subtly raising the profile of their major competitor, as a second line of skit, that kind of behaviour , in a headline area, calculatedly does more damage than any voting system can do , and as you are rightly aware , that was bad enough.
Anyway, I suppose, to any of us who have loved the site for many years, our loyalty, will survive most or any changes made, good luck in getting it all right from me, and many.
People hate several things on the new design including the comments, there is even a petition against these comments : http://www.change.org/p/gsmarena-keep-the-disqus-commenting-system-for-gsmarena-blog
This has got to be one of the WORST makeovers on a website i've seen in a LONGGG time....
What is with this "FONT"? It's hard to read... the layout is awful..... WHO actually in a senior position within GSM Arena approved this? The font is hard to read... you can't see when you type and "i" next to "t'" and work out without going closer to the screen what you are reading or TYPING!!!
Guys.... get a grip... what you had before was EXCELLENT.... talk about taking a BACKWARD step...... If you feel this will bring people in... good luck.... i'll NOT be coming here often now till this is changed.....
Definitely not a fan of the new design. It's just a mess with no logical layout, kaing it a lot more difficult to navigate. Yes this looks a bit more modern but the old design was functional, clean, and still looked good. This is an unwelcome change in my opinion and I'd much prefer to have the old design back.
I fall in love with this new interface immediately....a brilliant and good work. well done.
Meh...Don't want to be negative, so I'll wait and see, maybe it'll grow on me... :) But so far, I fail to see any improvements to the previous version, either functionally, or visually. It may not be worse (some things are, some are not, IMO), but it's not better either...
I'd liked the old one more! Its was simple and clean! This is unreadable!
AnonD-335213, 11 Jul 2015"Your comment was saved to the DB. It will be published when it is approved by a moderato... moreWOW! I am just crossing my fingers in the hopes that my comment posted pryer to this, will get-through, hoping to see a real change, and not just synthetically!
STeve, 10 Jul 2015My pc hangs when opening page, please revert back to the old one.Throw it and buy a real PC, one of this decade.
"Your comment was saved to the DB. It will be published when it is approved by a moderator."
the original layout was good enough.
1. now the uc browser cannot display the newpage desktop version normally.
2. the useful review sections on first page is greatly reduced. those are detailed useful story and info, i could easily browse what were new reviews with the previous layout.
3. left column is now greatly widened. and put in those functions i seldom use. the top left section, supposed to be the first section we look at, has now got widened and put in some phone brand name. as a frequently visited reader, i do not need check phones from a dedicated maker frequently. rather i would check the news, check what reviews are newly out, and the blog, those some news more detailed.