nokia is on fire...it will show a 15 mp camera too and hd video recording 1080p...oh go to blog.gsmarena.com theres a software from nokia called qt its the combination of all the softwares
i wanted to gety the x6 but now it seems so outdated . i mean i don't wanna spend a fortune on it and then fin out they released this new Symbian UI a couple of months later
Etolix, 03 Dec 2009New iPhone OS, only that it's by Nokia. Lol, every dumbo company copies that Apples dumwit OS ... moreSymbian already destroys all OSs function it's 90% open and maemo 5 is gonna be 100% the only thing everyone complains about is the UI that's it
The RFs are amazing,the apps you can download anywhere,camera is good,speakers are awesome(loudest speakers on a phone i've ever used),GPS service is very nice and cheap, it's durable and the battery last long as hell ...and it MULTITASKS
I have an N97, and I thougt to change to another OS in my next phone, but with this I keep going with Nokia. Good for Nokia, let's wait to 2010.
Symbian is ancient, no matter how much you improved it's still old. go meamo or i am not buying a nokia
I have to say that was an exciting presentation because it's exactly what Symbian needs.
1. It's completely open source which is amazing because there will be many apps for it. Google Android is not 100% open source because Google control the GPS part of software with copyright protection.
2. He said 3x faster than the current Symbian! Wow hopefully. Symbian was originally designed to be fast anyway but Nokia took that too far by using 424mhz processors and 128MB RAM on their phones like X6.
3. Can you imagine something like Samsung Jet or Nokia 5900(rumoured) with Symbian 3? That would be something else...
4. Google Android uses a lot of old Java technology which gives poor battery life. With the latest technology in Symbian 3, you should get 30-40% better battery life than latest Android.
4. The one thing I hate about all mobile OS is the long shutter times on the cameras. It takes like 3 seconds to take a picture from the moment you press the button, by that time you missed the action. That's ridiculous, I hope GSMARENA start mentioning this in their reviews. Symbian 3 please be the first to sort this out!
5. UI looks amazing, and fast and simple which is key.
New iPhone OS, only that it's by Nokia. Lol, every dumbo company copies that Apples dumwit OS JUST! cause masses so adore it. Too sad that it will be superbuggy as always. Nothing can beat Sense not even over rated iPhone OS that beside flashy psyhics and web 2.0 styling(it's super easy to design it, really!) doesn't have anything basic, like say it widgets. New Symbian can compete only with 1st release of Omnias TouchWiz, and even then, that crappy buggy Omnia customization beats up Symbian OS. But who knows, in 5-6 years we might see Symbian equal to todays TouchFlo, Sense and TouchWiz....maybe..or? Ahh..forget it.
James Dang, 03 Dec 2009Nokia!! Please don't forget about the camera that stuck at 5 megapixel resolution. Please!!! P... more3.2/5/8 are fine they just need a more digi cam UI for the camera app more on screen options like digital cameras with touchscreen and improve on the apeture for all 3 and a 3rd gen LED well dual since it's as bright as zenon
And rewrite the touch coding for the screen so it responds better and same with the accelorometer
Good News then all Symbian hater will be scream huahahahha. Go Symbian kick them A*SS huahahahaha.
Anonymous, 03 Dec 2009wow this actually looks like something
So Maemo and Symbian will look identical.There will be a difference but we don't know what it is yet and nokia need to make 3.5'screens for touch 3.2 should be for smaller touchscreens 2.9' is just small
I was gonna get my gf the 5530 until i saw the size.......so small
Nokia!! Please don't forget about the camera that stuck at 5 megapixel resolution. Please!!! Please!!!! upgrate it to a good 8 or 12 megapixel camera with a good digital zoom (like in Samsung phone) or a good optical zoom ( not like the worse one like in Nokia N93)
wow this actually looks like something
So Maemo and Symbian will look identical.
I just read this on engadget 10mins ago but i guess this is the new s60 from symbian^2
Maemo goodness with the s60 flair i like and i hope they have all the codecs and formats maemo 5 supports
shershah, 03 Dec 200960fps videos! now they are singing my song!It's not 60fps videos, it's 60fps when scrolling throught the user interface and menu transitions...
now thats really interesting. great move. i also never had any problems or complaints about the symbian platform, but yes the touch interface and everything related was no doubt a pain in the neck. but since now they are evolving and we already have here some shots of the new UI etc, its surely gonna be the a wonderful thing, if not the best.
thanks NOKIA, you do connect people :)