I think this soc still behind the MT6753 (octacore a53, mali t720 mp3).
Mediatek heading towards the right way this time.
Dude, Exynos is brilliant compared to the current gen snapdragon...Snapdragon 615 and 810 have a lot of heating problems
the only difference will be in Samsung's profits - which will be slightly higher for not having to buy the chipset from Q and using their own.
actually, there is a second difference, an advantage even, in that I think Sam updates the software more easily/often for Exynos.
other than this, they will be clocked so as to NOT be faster than the Q powered version. any performance differences will be negligible (except for graphics which in some games might be faster while others might be slower, so not a difference really)
Anonymous, 17 Jul 2015octa or hexa core is not important. all will still laggy with touchwiz.You obviously haven't tried the S6... good luck finding lag on that one!
I am from melachupas, India, this is the worst news I have heard, I was going to buy this phone today. If I buy it, I could fry eggs I guess.
Anonymous, 17 Jul 2015I have lost track on all the samesung models. LOL@SamsungYeah, where's the day when you got Omnia (windows mobile), Omnia HD (Symbian) and Omnia II (windows mobile again). :)
aceofgenerations, 17 Jul 2015I think the Exynos series should be numbered according to their power, kinda like AMD's graphi... moreNaaaah, it's meant to confuse you. So they're doing a good job. Even the retailers can't find head or toe and simply (start) dismissing Samsungs (considering the "disappointing" sales claimed by the big S) . :-)
Oh well, my hopes for the foreseeable future are this:
- Microsoft going bust (or at least move out of the phone business). Starting into the toy business developing XBox portable, sending Stephen Elop to Mattel to destroy the company (the Burning Barbie Memo) :-)
- the Big S (tm) performing another CEO-dance and creating new flagship phones with no screens (then punters have no removable bateries, no micro-sd-cards and no screens... the perfect phone)
- Nokia coming back, taking over Jolla, anouncing a co-operation with Sony (Sony-Nokia) and creating SN-phones (build by chinese Foxconn). :-)
- GSM Arena creating another website layout (GSM Arena Classic) to stop the hordes of bad comments on the 2015-layout aka. Grey Arena.
- I get myself another beer ;-)
I think the Exynos series should be numbered according to their power, kinda like AMD's graphics cards for example.
lost track of them long time ago. all of them are big screen and look the same
You are always late to update the latest news gsmarena . we got this news yesterday just after launch of devices from other websites
It will have no chance against the s620 which will be released sometime in Q4, it will almost be a premium chip using the Cortex a72.
vyshak, 17 Jul 2015Then hw abt exynos 7420 in s6... its an octacore chipset. ..it's dual quad-core cpu quad-cure cortex a57 + quad-core cortex a53.
that's why 4. 4 cores in each cpu.
7850 would look more real. it looks to be 8-core cortex a53.
@Prasad 7580 will definitely blow the SD615 away. I am also interested to know about the lithography of the chip. Hope it is yet another 14nm chip
What naming scheme is this? The flagship chipset is called 7420 and the upper midrange chip is called 7580???