Gamma Sharma, 25 Jan 2010Thanks Altamash, but my point is that if that can do it with one phone in a series with all th... moreFor e & l, according to GSM Arena, P800 was announced in Sep 2002.
Motorola released its A6188 with full touchscreen and stylus back in 2000.
Not sure if Moto was the first, but definitely not SE. You probably can say SE offered the 1st touchscreen phone "with" a numeric keypad.
and I don't understand your point P...
Gamma Sharma, 25 Jan 2010Thanks Altamash, but my point is that if that can do it with one phone in a series with all th... moreAm radio? Who wants 19th century tech? Get with the times.... Spotify etc.
Gamma Sharma, 25 Jan 2010Things which might help SE now:
1) Capture the mid range and high end CDMA/Dual SIM market ... moreYour posts are so long, I doubt anybody wants to read them.
From what I read though, you speculate too much, and how much is 4000 Rs???
Talk in $,£ or €
being specific with the release dates.... one thing SE will never learn. I had to force myself out of the SE wing after a long time due to the longggg waiting for the X2....
if u want to win, just keep up your words
- from a sad SE Fan
Altamash A Proud Ind, 25 Jan 2010Leave it dude... No point arguing with anonymous cowards on the net... BTW ur suggestions were... moreThanks Altamash, but my point is that if that can do it with one phone in a series with all the features one can expect from the mobile, they remove the item ruthlessly in another model with the same series, even if its a later version e.g. the autofocus was removed from T700 but was present in T650.
P900, P990 and then P1i was one of the most loved corporate handset but was never continued with the dead of UIQ. Cud have done it with the P5i (see youtube) with Sambian S60 5th edition maintaining the UI of the series. But No! Xperia (read as= Xpensive) series.
Summarized blunder and remedies:
1) No low end and mid end devices? : Build some low cost in J, W and R series.
2) Expensive M2 Memory card? : Switch to microSD.
3) No low end and mid end touch devices? : Release some full touch W and G series.
4) No NAV offer? : Tie up with some service provider.
5) Depending on high end mobiles to bail you out? : Depend on diversification instead. Not all egg in single xpensive basket.
6) Main complains are about software hang, bugs, no 3.5 socket and no micro/mini USB port? : test software throughout, give updates quickly (my software updater never works like all my friends), give good panels and keypads that dont wash away, enough with the fast-port (its big and bulky) and switch to mini / micro USB standard for charging, give 3.5" socket so that we can use out headset of choice.
7) No viable tech at SE's possession? : One cant be more wrong. Consider Side Rollers (from P1i), scratch pad (a la X1), 8MP-12MP, touchscreen (Xperia), PSP Franchise (like NGageQD), VIERA / WEGA Franchise, motion sensor, AM Radio with internal radio and the list goes on and on.
Remember SE totally invented / popularized:
a) 2MP Camera (K750).
b) Autofocus (K750).
c) LED Flash (K750).
d) Xenon Flash (K790).
e) Touch Screen (P800).
f) Accelerometer a.k.a motion sensor (w910).
g) Sept meter (w580).
h) Music oriented phone (w800).
i) Camera oriented phone (k750).
k) 3.2MP Camera (K790 and no its not N93).
l) 5MP (K850).
j) 8MP (C910 correct me.).
k) 12MP (Satio, Pixion just happen to be released as a cheaper "me-too" version)
l) Stylus (P800).
m) The "Grid View" menu system (no kidding with tab-view of T100).
n) 262k colour menu (k750).
o) AM Radio.
p) Ear Plugs with 3.5" socket.
in the past years i have been a SE user. however i agree to the prev post that they should cut the price. i know they pack their phones with nice features, but right now what they should do is to complete with the market by offering more affordable phones. Aino, Kita, Satio are nice phones but way too expensive. i think they should keep the X10 at high price but offer something in between.
also i have read many of their consumers comment on their phone, most complaints are about "freezes" or "hangs". that's too bad. I was about to buy W595, but i heard operation is really slow and it freezes a lot. It made me change my mind. im looking for other phones now.
i how SE will do something about it.
[deleted post]Leave it dude... No point arguing with anonymous cowards on the net... BTW ur suggestions were a nice read ha... Actually no offense but maybe these companies do have their set of ideas but cz of budget, technology, battery ,OS, design,etc. all these limitations might effect the actual features they can give... Just an opinion..
Ur suggestions were interesting no doubt about tht.. ;)
Rouzanna, 25 Jan 2010SE used to release great phones that I quite liked (like W850). Actually, I was a dedicated fa... moreHello? That's the exact reason why they just released the Unlimited Entertainment series and the Xperia series.
Things which might help SE now:
1) Capture the mid range and high end CDMA/Dual SIM market too.
2) Capture the low-end market of low cost monochrome touchscreen and qwerty texting teen-oriented phones, low-end walkman players( @ the sub Rs.5k ($21-$108) Market), Radio phones, rugged dust/idiot proof exchangeable plastic panels and a LED torch light for developing nations with the sureshot FM radio.
3) Capture the Rs.5000/- (&108) to Rs. 10,000/- ($216) market in India with Walkman(touchscreened & AutoFocus-LED Flash Cam), Cybershot(Touchscreened & AF -Xenon Flashed), Touchscreen (2MP AF wit LED FLASH, Widescreen & 3G + aGPS enabled) and PSP (Acclen Meter, gesture, Touch) brands, a low end models of P1i/G900 based will work fine and fresh.
4) PSP: Introduce low (NGageQD Form factor with 2MP AF cam with LED Flash and Shake control), mid (slider, accln meter, touch screen and 3.2MP AF cam wit flash and dual shock) and high end(touch screen and gesture control and 5MP/8MP AF with LED Flash) gaming phones with PSP-GO or Nokia NGageQD form factor with 240x320 and 320x240 resolution.
5) CyberShot: Reserve Xenon for only CyberShot models, introduce Optical zoom (atleast 3X optical), touch screen.
6) Walkman: Introduce more low end with 320x240 resolution with good AF cameras but with LED flash only. Ship them with blue tooth stereo headsets which can be docked with the mobile for charging like a smart stylus. Make them Touch enabled just to make sure like the notorious P900/ w850.
7) P Series: The UIQ might be dead but please continue the P-Series (my personal favorite) on Symbian. Please launch the p5i with acceln meter and ROCK-QWERTY sliders.
8) Smart Stylus: Introduce smart stylus the proximity to which the phone can detect. This can be used for interacting with the mobile in zooming and scrolling when the stylus is moved about the phone.
9) Smart Screen: Better than touch screens, incorporate gesture control for navigating the menu, maps and photos.
10) Introduce biometric id / security system in your mobile phones. The front camera can id the user for security or can adjust settings accordingly, and biometric finger print reader on the side for security.
11) With the advent of gesture recognition system, introduce virtual keyboards which can project the full size qwerty keyboard on the table surface and recognize the finger movements.
12) Mobile with projector attachments which can project up to a screen size of 14" HD.
13) Outdoor rugged mobile with solar charger, compass, altimeter Biometry etc.
14) Integration of TrackID with the walkman player for tagging the songs correctly with info, lyrics and album art in all the formats (aac and wma too) via the internet.
15) Lastly, dont be stingy on the feature front where you remove features for the name sake, like removing a good camera for walkman and vice versa. Nokia always offer better memo card in pack.
The biggest selling phones in terms of SE's compition are:
1) NOKIA 5130 Music Express @ under Rs.5000/- (under $108) (Cant get more value for money than that), against which SE has no answers at that price tag with a 320x240 pixel, walkman and 2MP cameras. SE sud launch a clamshell Walkman with 320x240 pixel resolution, 2MP AF with flash (a la the W610i) at around 5k bucks.
2) Samsung Star S5230 and Corby S3650 which offers touch capabilities in just over Rs.7000/- (approx. $151)( price tag with . SE have no answer for that. Cheapest SE Touch device is over Rs.20000/-. SE ought to (its a moral obligation) shell out a full touch enabled walkman with 2MP/3.2MP AF with LED Flash, 3G with front CAM and aGPS with Lifetime Navigation Free.
3) Nokia's 5800 music express at Rs.13000/- ($281) a big winner and its cheaper siblings like 5230, 5235 are challenging Samsung Stars status and are very desirable with there 3G, 360x640 resolution and aGPS with NAV Lifetime licence. SE still has not full touch walkman under 10k bucks here. A good touchscreen walkman / Cybershot / PSP with 16M color, 360 x 640 pixel 16:9 ratio 3.8"-4" screen with gesture recog, kinetic scrolling, pinch zooming, aGPS with licensed Nav Software, Mobile TV, android/symbian based, 5MP TouchFocus with Xenon/Dual LED, FM/AM Radio Recording, Image ID SYS etc etc @Rs.15000/- ($324/-) will rock my world.
4) Nokia's E63, E72 with office capabilities and qwerty at Rs.13000/- ($281) are the status symbol. SE has no answer with any P-Series devices and the death of UIQ, ended with the P1i which was very popular in spite of it not having GPS. Please continue the P-Series with QWERTY + touchScreen on Symbian/ andoid/ winMO to swing for the fence. reintro the p5i Design with Accln Meter, 5MP Touch Focus, Rocker QWERTY, 256MB RAM & ROM, 800MHz Processor, 16GB storage, OFFICE softwares.
5) Low-end market are always been dominated by Nokia write form Nokia 1100 days to todays Nokia 1280's. SE has not answer in this segment. In developing countries like India, China, Brazil, Biggest grosser are the low end ones and mid range ones. Students here go for sets at the range of 5k to 10k (13k max with some rich kids). SE sud produce some MONOCROME TOUCHSCREENS, 65k color models, or just monocrome qwerty devices. An FM/AM radio, LED Torch Light is a must in this segment. Expandable memo and mp3 capabilities will be a huge bonus at this range under Rs.2000/- ($43)
SE, just study the market trends and which phones are more popular at the moment and try to better that
SE used to release great phones that I quite liked (like W850). Actually, I was a dedicated fan of SE for many years. However, when the time came for me to by a more sophisticated phone, they couldn't offer something that fit my needs. There were just not enough sophisticated SE phones - just the same old stuff with either the better camera, or a better player. So, I had to turn to HTC and Nokia. I think I'm not alone - the SE has indeed lost a large share of the market to its competitors, and only strenuous efforts could bring back the customers' interest. If they continue the way they did up to date, they will kill the company. Just my opinion.
based on the last quarter i think SE has made the plan and the new strategy for the company
they released Aino, Yari , Xperia Pureness & Satio... beside the announcement of X2, X10 & now we have Vivaz, Elm & Hazel
obviously they drop the W and C series and the company is taken new direction in production and i hope they will do good and everything will go according to the plan also i hope they solve the releasing date issues and i hope they release Vivaz, Elm, Hazel & X10 in time without changing or delaying
Thanks and good luck SE ^_^
majid, 22 Jan 2010If se looked at lg and samsung phones they would learn what kind of phone is attractive for markets.lg and samsung? pls, one can not call those phones! nowadays, you find the best quality only in nokia and sony ericsson... the other ones are just shiny plastic toys...
The X1 for godsakes is almost twice the price of the N97.
X1 is so damn old and yet so expensive how do they expect to make money if their handsets are so pricey.
Anonymous, 24 Jan 2010Uh were have you been... SE dropped those already. Now they're onto Unlimited Entertainment, a... moredropped... after how many years of cashin in on an old horse... what is their input to mobile phone world except good camera and music player? What new handset feature have they introduced in the last 3 years that has been successful? Which dept (e.g. connectivity, features, touch) are they NOT playing cathup recently?
Phone which i have bought before, motorola, nokia, htc , & iphone.
Tempted to try out SE or blackberry.
Jason, 25 Jan 2010Like SE phone, when the X10 come out...yea, me too like se phones a lott. when do the dam phone x10 come out seriously. im about to change my mind on you SE.
SE seems to only cater the high end segment, where they have lots of competitors.
Oh, and TOO LATE = Fail.
Better luck next time.