th3D, 24 Jan 2010Majid, i didnt see any desirable Samsung or LG. Try the pawnshop, see if they will accept your... moreyou get a life? do not talk nonesense. korean phones are the best and have high value where ever you bring them.
yeah, why we care about se so much. arent we once in loved with se. don't divorce.
Well, The way i see it, SE doesnt care about its handheld devices. and it doesnt need to. Samsung has jUst signed a deal with the Canadian Gov. for 185B so i think its made up :O
disregard the negative voices and just focusing on your self improvement
Sony should learn something from the korean companies..samsung and lg are making superb phones at a normal price and s.e is making stupid phones and selling them with twice the price of samsung and lg..s.e phones don't have better build quality than samsung or nokia phones and yet they are expensive...sonys cybershot phones aren't able to compete with samsungs or lgs cam phones..don't belive me? check out the satio vs pixon 12 article in gsmarena...
Sony Ericsson directors, keep these in your mind:
SE must be exist.
SE must be survive.
SE will increase its market share.
SE shall make profit.
SE shall be back.
2nd position means looser
Make them as your way of life. For SE. To be number one.
P.S. If you think 1st position is not possible, pass the 2nd. See above. Take 3rd.
majid, 22 Jan 2010If se looked at lg and samsung phones they would learn what kind of phone is attractive for markets.Majid, i didnt see any desirable Samsung or LG. Try the pawnshop, see if they will accept your korean cellfone? No, Korean fones are wortless once you carry them out of the store. No 2nd hand value, no innovations, lots of megapixels but no photo quality, lots of fancy functions but nothing unique or useful. Thats why China is moving in to compete with korean fones, one only need to reverse engineer and manufacture, plus add some useless functions, currently Korea is much better at that but china can do it so much cheaper. Some of the newer china fones are quite "desirable" in some markets, in Philippines already selling better than Samsung and LG combined, but not threatening the market positions of Nokia and SE. Less than 3000 Pesos for a fancy looking phone with TV and big screen and dual SIM, theres nothing Samsung can do to compete with that. Nokia and SE can coz they are considered to be Originals.
but you see majid se is an innovative company whereas lg and samsung are copycats :>
Indeed, SE loss another hundreds million of euro from their handset sales, but they still gain more cash from their franchises, sponsorships etc, and the two electronic giants still standing behind to support its life. To say SE will be death if they make the same result in 2010 as in the past few years is a premature opinion.
Skeye, 22 Jan 2010For god sake Sony really need to kick Ericsson out they are bunch lazy stupid pigs don't know ... moreHey Skeye, for ur kind information, sony did not manage to make many good models and it was ericsson who was the expert in mobile fone making. I would blame the leadership to be crap. dont u think a company that made excellent fones like the t610, k750, k800 etc has lost its focus and started making a lot of crap.....Typical example (aino- has touchscreen only for music player and camera.)
so lets hope all ppl at SE gain their focus and senses again and start making some sensible fones.
The biggest selling phones in terms of SE's compition are:
1) NOKIA 5130 Music Express (Cant get more value for money than that), against which SE has no answers at that price tag with 320x240 pixel, walkman and 2MP cameras.
2) Samsung Star S5230 and Corby S3650 which offers touch capabilities in just over Rs.7000/- price tag with . SE have no answer for that. Cheapest SE Touch device is over Rs.20000/-.
3) Nokia's 5800 music express at Rs.13000/- is a big winner and its cheaper siblings like 5230, 5235 are challenging Samsung Stars status and are very desirable. SE still has not full touch walkman under 10k bucks here.
4) Nokia's E63, E72 with office capabilities and qwerty at Rs.13000/- are the status symbol. SE has no answer with any P-Series devices and the death of UIQ, ended with the P1i which was very popular in spite of it not having GPS.
5) Low- end market are always been dominated by Nokia write form Nokia 1100 days to todays Nokia 1280's. SE has not answer in this segment. In developing countries like India, China, Brazil, Biggest grosser are the low end ones and mid range ones. Students here go for sets at the range of 5k to 10k (13k max with some rich kids).
SE, just study the market trends and which phones are more popular at the moment and try to better that
it pointless to talk about sony erisson.. it hopeless.. if they still losing money for this year, they can pack up n close down..
Sony Ericsson's main strength was its walkman series,
It was providing much more fun at a much less price tag than nokia, with quality,that was the reason they were competing with nokia
but now they have lost their path,
and things are now reversed,
for the same price tag you can check nokia is providing cell phones with more good specifications,
Nokia is targeting every market,
whereas SE's target is only market of high price tag.
The fall will continue until they change their dimension.
Things which might help SE now:
1) Capture the mid range and high end CDMA market.
2) Capture the low-end market of monochrome touchscreen and qwerty texting phones, low end walkman players( the sub Rs.5k Market), Radio phones with exchangable cover and a led torch light here.
3) Capture the Rs.5000/- to Rs. 10,000/- market in India with Walkman, Cybershot, Touchscreen and PSP brands, a low end or P1i/G900 based will work here.
4) PSP: Introduce low (NGageQD Form factor with 2MP AF cam with LED Flash and Shake control), mid (slider, accln meter, touch screen and 3.2MP AF cam wit flash and dual shock) and high end(touch screen and gesture control and 5MP/8MP AF with LED Flash) gaming phones with PSP-GO or Nokia NGageQD form factor with 240x320 and 320x240 resolution.
5) CyberShot: Reserve Xenon for only CyberShot models, introduce Optical zoom (atleast 3X optical), touch screen.
6) Walkman: Introduce more low end with 320x240 resolution with good AF cameras but with LED flash only. Ship them with blue tooth stereo headsets which can be docked with the mobile for charging like a smart stylus.
7) P Series: The UIQ might be dead but please continue the P-Series (my personal favorite). Please launch the p5i with acceln meter and ROCK-QWERTY sliders.
8) Smart Stylus: Introduce smart stylus the proximity to which the phone can detect. This can be used for interacting with the mobile in zooming and scrolling when the stylus is moved about the phone.
9) Smart Screen: Better than touch screens, incorporate gesture control for navigating the menu, maps and photos.
10) Introduce biometric id / security system in your mobile phones. The front camera can id the user for security or can adjust settings accordingly, and biometric finger print reader on the side for security.
11) With the advent of gesture recognition system, introduce virtual keyboards which can project the full size qwerty keyboard on the table surface and recognize the finger movements.
12) Mobile with projector attachments which can project up to a screen size of 14" HD.
13) Outdoor rugged mobile with solar charger, compass, altimeter Biometry etc.
14) Integration of TrackID with the walkman player for tagging the songs correctly with info, lyrics and album art in all the formats (aac and wma too) via the internet.
15) Lastly, dont be stingy on the feature front where you remove features for the name sake, like removing a good camera for walkman and vice versa. Nokia always offer better memo card in pack.
Anonymous, 24 Jan 2010Nah! Nexus is fail! Just look at these complaints: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/an... moreI don't like Google due to what they did and doing to the Internet, to be honest and I don't support their OS and now their handset. I have strong feeling that if Earth was ever attack by Skynet, or Cylons it will be on Google's head. Lol.
Richee, 24 Jan 2010Reports like this will hurt sales of Sony ericcson evenmore.
When X10 was announced it was th... moreNah! Nexus is fail! Just look at these complaints:
And BBS news:
Wow! 1337 complaints! It pretty long, isn't it? Turns out, the Android 2.1 version is full of bugs! The 1.6 version is actually much more stable. Plus, X10's customized OS has most of 2.1's features. You can even install google nav on it. In fact, having a 2.1 will only have minor updates. People only look at numbers which is really st*pid!
I will not buy SE cellphones...but only SONY brand-named on it. Imagine... What phone do you use? SONY. Sounds great. Sony is symbol of high-end electronic devices. Ericsson...what a hell that shit is for?