the first problem i would have with this tablet is the lack of Adobe flash player, next thing is size' it look square and way too big to take with me as my personal media player, my 7inch archos is perfect size i just wish it had windows OS.
I'd rather buy a MacBook Pro or Ipod Touch. But Ipad is a nice to have gadget :-)
Bigger version of ipod touch with some extra features. It would be fun i guess
C'mon guys like the big man said it's sits between your computor and smartphone so it wont have those features. If it did then why buy a computor? When Apple stop selling mac's and lappy's then we can expect an upgrade!
wow, even the apple fans hate it... and they have all the right to do so. besides the features i have some issues with this model:
-a device so large should have a keyboard. a virtual keyboard takes out half of the screen and it's not that practical. a laptop model would have offered a keyboard, screen protection and a dock or stand so that you don't have to use your hands all the time
-considering what iphone/ipod users demand from apple, the itablet should have multitasking, maybe a special stylus and since it's 3g, a small front webcam.
-it looks fat, and too much like an ipod. no innovation and an old look.
-it seems impractical to hold it in one hand, since you cannot use it with both hands like using the ipod and navigating with the thumbs.
-it has no replaceble battery, witch will be an issue in europe since EU is planing some conditions for all electronics (replaceble battery, standard usb charging, etc), not to mention the incompatible 3g network.
nothing new... on this ipad...is a waste.. no multitasking is a huge fail.. haha i guess n900 will be better than that giant.. the tech in i pad is somehow old.. no usb ?.? put it as frame? haha but to expensiVE!
Apple ran out of ideas, they need to hire more innovators and people who think out the box, cuz this is crap. I'm happy with my n900 and 3gs.
what a shame made by apple.. useless. useless. useless... over price w/c is nothing. better hit with a hammer.. ha haaa
Anonymous, 28 Jan 2010It's not bad considering but.... 1. No multitasking - forget buying v1! 2. No USB but prop... moreI know, it's a real shame. The only use I can find for this is digital photo frame.
Hopefully some new Tablets go on market in a few months.
We will sure see Androids and ChromeOS ones. I prefer Android (vs iPhoneOS) as Tablet OS , @least it will have some basic computing.
oh and the iPad ... that was the topic about, yes , well i don't know what to say... i'm sorry for Apple
It's not bad considering but....
1. No multitasking - forget buying v1!
2. No USB but proprietary cable for charging/file transfers?!
3. EXPENSIVE - for $700, netbooks or low-end notebooks beat the iPad on performance, features and versatility!
4. No camera - WHO CARES! MOST people do NOT use video chatting anyway! NO BIG DEAL!
5. No phone - HELLO, iPhone owners!
- The iPad is NOT a friggin' phone! GET OVER IT AND GET A LIFE!
- NOT EVERYONE WANTS AN IPHONE!!!
6. What's with the black border on a 9.7" screen? Why not a full 10" or 11" screen considering the price?!!
7. Use ATT's 3G only?! WTF?!! ATT SUCKS!
- Can't use on T-Mobile USA's 3G since it's on a DIFFERENT 3G frequency than the rest of the world!! WTF?!
- NO, there's no contract but considering that ONLY ATT has the newer SIM cards, it FEELS like a contract as the iPad can ONLY be used on ATT's 3G network which SUCKS!
- ATT's 3G network is overloaded and congested AND their service SUCKS!
- IPHONE USERS - STFU!
- NOT EVERYONE WANTS AN IPHONE!! NOT EVERYONE LIKES ATT!!
8. No mention of whether or not ebooks can be transferred from computer to device or vice versa! That sucks!
9. Battery life only good up to 9-10 hours on a single charge?!
- Compared to a netbook/notebook - that's decent!
- Compared to an eReader - that sucks!
10. Functionality in real world - Who knows??!!
- Using a word processor or building spreadsheets is a PAIN in the Arhss!
- Virtual keyboard SUCKS for letter writing!
- Need a numeric keyboard for spreadsheets!
- OH, that's right... Apple products aren't really used in BUSINESS especially in finance or accounting so Apple people don't have a CLUE in either field. That's why Bus. field is dominated by PC's!!
Basically, an iPad is really an oversized iTouch!
It beats the ereader in that it not only offers the feature to view/buy ebooks but has the functionality of the iTouch such as video, much, email, etc...!
yousef, 28 Jan 2010its looks like a stretched out iphone 2g lol. but cant wait for it to come out tho, should be ... moreIt actually is a stretched out iPod with additional SIM slot for 3G data only.
I'm waiting for it too, but it can't be a macbook as no flash for browser, no multi tasking, usual iPhone/iPod stuff.
its looks like a stretched out iphone 2g lol. but cant wait for it to come out tho, should be rather interesting as it would or should act a like an iphone and a macbook in one
No Camera, no USB Slot, No Flash support (not to forget that Steve Jobs calls this "the best browsking experience"), No Multitasking, with otherwords:
USELESS, USELESS, USELESS
[deleted post]Lol. You're cute. Sorry kiddo but this isnt even better than than the ipod touch. Kodak could easily put internet and a front call camera on their next digital frame models and make this thing look like overpriced fud. Ha
This is going to realy confuse americans who already say "i-pad" for the other apple thingy..