I think I must wait for this before buying the LG V10. I would rather have a flagship Windows phone as my main driver and an entry level Android phone as my spare phone coz Windows phones do not get outdated easily unlike Android devices.
I've been following progress and news about their 850/840/950 line and their Windows 10 Continuum goodie feature. It still gives me the shivers and chills to this day. Plug your phone to your humongous TV or monitor and voila, a portable PC powered by a capable phone (in this case, your phone similarly as a desktop CPU but with a touchscreen and with phone' functions/capabilities)
Since window 7 limits it has never picked out to be a bold opponent, nor out classed in specs. But price is always above comparitively as no resale or even availability in most stores.. It's too late to be k top slots now!
i think every operating has its own advantages and disadvantages so don't judge phone on its operating system and all .Every one has its own utility (how he or she uses the phone).
No one ever seen this phone and everyone is judging.If you dont like MS then dont wisit this post.
And DO NOT compare it with android.It is totally different OS.
950xl is looking more styliah than 950.hope these smartphones will give sum boost for Microsoft.
yann, 02 Oct 2015Nice phone? May be. The specs look ok, but:
1. Will the camera performane be at the level of ... more1 camera? for real? thats best MS has to offer its stills are one of the best if no best, while video performance is slitely behind of others but that on Lumia 930 with sd800. I'm sure l950 will have great camera.
2. you said it yourself.. 8.1 was smooth, so will be w10.. do not compare it with Beta version.
3. apps yeah.. I agree with you on that.. it main reason for me to stay with android yet. though MS can't do much about that.
4.design sucks for me as well, specially after L930 was just gorgeous, but we still need to see actual phone and then decide wether its ugly or just fine.
Anonymous, 02 Oct 2015Don't worry about the look, a lot of people use flip cover to camouflage their already beautif... moreI do not use covers to my phones. Ever. So thats why the look is important to me. My 930 felt down so many times without cover and still kicking and looks gorgeous, but I'm missing glance screen. My old 1020 crack the screen after 50-60 hits with the floor, but also never used cover.
yann, 02 Oct 2015Poly-carbonate - means different type of plastic. But it's plastic and the year is 2015. http... moreAnd your point is? If you follow the history of materials you'll find out that metal has been in use for many centuries whereas plastic has been manufactured quite recently. This means that plastic is technologically much more superior to metal. Yes, 2015, the era of plastic, the era of modern materials. Or maybe you're willing to carve out a phone out of stone?
Anonymous, 02 Oct 2015That's not plastic that's CarbonPoly-carbonate - means different type of plastic. But it's plastic and the year is 2015.
hi, sure this devices is up to the best of what buyers think but the competitions is so mean and still Microsoft is not improving their "store" and also still Windows OS on their Phones is not appealing compare to Android. Samsung has this Touchwiz, Huawei has this EMUI, others has modified android, though windows 10 has arrived its not up to the mark
yann, 02 Oct 2015Wear this btick then. You're blind ms fan. I'm just a user. Like windows, but after that fias... moreWell the iPhone still looks average at best and yet people don't seem to care that much... besides many users at the end always put those silly covers on their phones.
Don't worry about the look, a lot of people use flip cover to camouflage their already beautiful high-end smartphones.
AnonD-395552, 01 Oct 2015We knew there would be a few...
For those who are more-affected by looks than usefulness --... moreWear this btick then.
You're blind ms fan. I'm just a user. Like windows, but after that fiasco, will go for Z5 or P8.
Functionality and specs are nothing without a look. This is a product and must be sellable.
This plastic phone is already dead even unrealeased. Iris scanner for NSA, camera module is 3 years old which was made by nokia, price tag of an iPhone... Good luck with it.
AnonD-446760, 01 Oct 2015Nice phone I don't mind if it's going to be cheaper than others all I care about is to be good... moreNice phone? May be. The specs look ok, but:
1. Will the camera performane be at the level of iPhone, Samsung, LG? They rise the bar high from 930 performance. Even 1020 is far from video capabilities of the last year phones...
2. Windows 10 - hope to be smooth and stable like 8.1 at least. So far beta builds are far from that.
3. Apps - will rize only if the market share rize more than 10%. Otherwise developers do not waste time and effords.
4. The design - big fail for me. Flagship must be expensive and good, no, WOW looking design. Otherwise people with money and status will not buy it. Can you imagine rich person to put such brick on the table? He/she will be embarrassed from THAT device. Cheap look, like 640 in front and 830 in the back/950xl/. Not to comment ugly hump on both and ridiculous ugly chrome ring on 950.
The design ruins everything else.
AnonD-81714, 01 Oct 2015Ugly! Plastic !That's not plastic that's Carbon