AnonD-451957, 12 Oct 2015A while ago, I had lumia 520 and my friend had samsung duos.
Around that time, temple run 2 w... moreWhat Samsung duos ?
Duos at Samsung means dual sim
There are tons of dual sim smartphone at Samsung
Which one do you mean ?
according to my opinion. 950 & 950 xl design is look like basic design..and we are tallking about 550 its better then then 950.....now let see when it would be launched in india then i can exlain about these phones. which phone is hot....
AnonD-405901, 11 Oct 2015Software without Apps is always a BIG NOOO!!!A while ago, I had lumia 520 and my friend had samsung duos.
Around that time, temple run 2 was not available on windows but on android.
The problem was that duos couldn't run temple run 1 or 2, either while 520 used to run temple run 1 like a charm. Now, please shout BIG Nooo thing again.... LOLZ
I have to disagree with the hype of the 550 is replacing the 640, it's a 5xx series (this isn't terminator where a past machine comes to the future to destroy future terminators). Judging the specs of smaller screen size (same rez), SD210 at a lower clock speed vs SD400 on the 6xx series, 5MP rear camera, higher price tag (~$40 more). The only upgrade I see is Windows 10, and 2MP front facing camera but good luck trying to outsell the 640 which can be had at wally world for $99.
The Lumia 635/640 are perfect phones but not worth the extra $40 for W10 and front facing 2MP camera.
Anonymous, 12 Oct 2015So far, 950 XL have the highest thumbs up. I will buy it if it is inexpensive.Its a flagship device so don't expect it to be at mid range price and rather it should not be as well. 950 XL is replacing Lumia 1520 so it will be around it's launch price bracket.
The answer is really simple, actually.
Just look at GSMArena front page, look under Top 10 Daily Interest and Top 10 by Fans.
Is there any Lumia phones there? No?
Well you get the idea.
I remembered when iPhone, Note, or any Android flagships launched, those usually appeared on Top 10 list shortly after. I don't see the same with Lumia.
But there's still hope.
These Lumias are just the beginning of Windows 10 Mobile waves.
I expect when more Win10 Mobile phones available later, 1 or 2 could show up on Top 10 list.
Competition is good for consumers.
I would rather put in 60 dollars extra and go for the older but more powerful Nokia Lumia 730 instead of the newer underpowered Lumia 550. Hope Lumia 730 gets Windows Mobile 10.
So far, 950 XL have the highest thumbs up. I will buy it if it is inexpensive.
AnonD-70078, 11 Oct 2015Update to chip and surface cooling gel will fix thatPut it in the fridge for 2 minutes and it will cool down...
AnonD-426311, 11 Oct 2015Are you blind or droid? How many apps you need in to your life to be happy...?u know ... "higher is better" are Android User Slogan.
More Core , More Pixel , More Ram , More Apps , More Variant , Bigger Size , Big Battery , More Feature , More everything that can more
AnonD-70078, 11 Oct 2015I only have about 20 to 30 apps + microsoft apps. I have quiz up other games. Music etc. Web a... moreDepends on people's usage man, you don't need a set of specific apps doesn't mean I don't need them too! But yes, there are some people who just install any app, don't even think anything before installing, but I guess you have confused me with them. I read about an app before installing, even if it comes from a top developer, and right now I have about 45-50 apps installed at this moment, and most of them I need to use regularly too.
In any case, this is going side track, I said the app quality differs between Android and Windows Phone. Take any app (most of them to be precise) for example, and it will have much more flexibility on Android over Windows Phone. Otherwise who would not want a smooth sailing OS like Windows at first place, barring the Android fanbodys aside (I am not one of them, nowhere near to be a fanboy, in fact I hate Android sometimes, but at the same time there is no argument that it is one of the most practical OS out there)?
Right now, give me the same usage level of apps' on Windows, and I will switch, I mean I am not obviously buying a Microsoft device, but well, you get the point...
The 550 is borderline hot. It is a very portable phone in a phablet world and the obvious competitor is the iPhone 6S. Against that phone it wins on price, battery and expandable memory. It is very competitive on screen density. It loses on just about everything else and most importantly, on camera resolution. Given that Android phones of this size and quality routinely pack a 13MP shooter it is a mystery why MS missed the opportunity to put one of those. Surely the cost differential at manufacture time between 5 and 12 MP is nothing now?
Pros: great camera, battery life, fluid OS, quality apps, glance screen, cortana & continuum
Cons: lack of *important & updated* apps, iris scanner - wont work in dark or while wearing glasses, parts of OS still in beta (cortana, windows hello etc)
But I will still be getting the 950 to try out!
While having a big app store is a very good thing, people should think: "how much of the time am i using the apps on my phone?"
I mean, why do we need a million apps on our phone, anyway (Apart from the 20-30 apps most of us need 90% of the time)? So that in the 1% chance we need an app, we have it, while 99% of the time, it just takes up space. We really should move from this "Just in case" mentality to a "Just in time" one for apps. In other words get only what we need, when we need them.
AnonD-405901, 11 Oct 2015Software without Apps is always a BIG NOOO!!!Wow!
ithehappy, 11 Oct 2015Do you really think the number of apps matter? You guys yourselves said three or four years ag... moreI only have about 20 to 30 apps + microsoft apps. I have quiz up other games. Music etc. Web apps work better than closed apps any way. I just pin what I can't find and I'm good and ready to go. I can't see what all the app crap is about. People need to get on with it.