Eske Rahn, 15 Nov 2015" ** US only at availability "
Note this footnote at the source link, on some of the featur... moreHint on how to force the update if you are too impatient to wait for the WU to offer it:
1) Go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
2) Choose "Upgrade" - and follow the instructions
Note that the update is more than just a simple patching, it is a reinstall of windows. So make sure you have a recent backup first!!
(From http://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2015/11/12/windows-10s-latest-update-will-be-delayed-for-some-users-but-theres-a-fix/ )
" ** US only at availability "
Note this footnote at the source link, on some of the features.
Here the version still says
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
and not Windows 10 1511 Build 10586 - aka "Threshold 2"
The latest system update I have got is the KB3105213 security update of 2015-11-13
Why Cortana doesn't work for Latin America and some other countries? When it will be workink for us?. I'm from Peru.
The only change I can notice is that the window borders are now black.
My newly bought Asus just died after the update. What the f***??!! Stupid Microsoft.
has anyone in dia got the new build 10586 update.when will it happen I am using win 10 from august.
Anonymous, 13 Nov 2015"Anonymous JEa32 hours ago
Good luck with their new spy system"
Totally agreed. I bought h... moreYou are just making up things...
1. Every "spy" part of Windows is opt-in and not on by default. This is not Google we are talking about, this is Microsoft. Windows doesn't send one ounce of information about your usage if you don't join the free and optional program that allows Microsoft to collect information about your usage, anonymously, to make things better in the future.
2. Of course you can select programs as default programs even if they are not in the store. Chrome and Firefox are not in the store and they can be selected as default browsers
3. Everything you say about privacy is true to an extent. Google is the one company that has made people forget what privacy and integrity means. They sell information about you and that is the only way they make money. People still use Gmail and Android like it is nothing... You should get your facts right about companies like Microsoft and Apple who actually do care about customer integrity though and stop spewing baseless accusations around. You might fool somebody.
Updates I'm waiting for:
1. Microsoft Edge's plug-in support
2. Cortana's availability in my country (Philippines)
Still a great update for now ;)
"Anonymous JEa32 hours ago
Good luck with their new spy system"
Totally agreed. I bought high end PC and tried win 7 pro 64bit, 8.1 pro 64bit and 10 pro 64bit (all original DVDs). And the last version mostlly sucked. I already trying everywhere in my life to evade as much as I can of others spying on me, but the 10 windows are ridiculous.. Also 8.1 , because when I want to choose Iron browser as my default I can't just because ms doesn't have in theyr shop and why they don't have? Because it tracks less, but's as similar as Google Chrome..Tracking me for as they say- "to give best things for you" yeah right.. I know what's best for me. Automatic updates- no way.. I want to choose what to install and what not. I even drive a car with manual gear, because I like to make decition, not to leave to someone to make a decition for me. It's a sad thing for me that the more inteligent world becomes the more stupid and intergrated society becomes. Even goverment in my country has made a many ways to track me and I can resist, because I couldn't work where I work now. In shop there are pcs with windows and discount cards where when you use a discount card and goverment can see what you buy, when and so on.. I miss the old days where privacy was tolerated.
Anonymous, 13 Nov 2015"Cortana can now understand handwritten notes, it tracks tickets for movies from your email, a... moreAll the info a wife ever wanted to track his husband..lol
Now you dare but tickets and not take your wife, she will know and then you will know when you come home, then your neighbours will know too ( when you get thrown out of house )..lol
matt00112233, 13 Nov 2015Yeah I did, even went to the website but still nothingJust download the setup that corresponds to your current windows and install it from either inside the pc or using pendrive
Thats all you need to do..
"Cortana can now understand handwritten notes, it tracks tickets for movies from your email, and coupons for the sites you visit using the Edge browser. It syncs messaging and call history with your Windows Phone and notifies you of missed calls on your PC. "
And sends all this data to Microsoft... sorry, I mean syncs it with Onedrive...
Is it available for India today? I want to update my Lumia 630 which runs on w8.1, is it available for Lumia 630 today?
Anonymous, 12 Nov 2015Have you tried a manual update? either that or go to the MS website and get it straight from thereYeah I did, even went to the website but still nothing