AnonD-198234, 18 Dec 2015hi i abandoned windows for android coz there is no guarantee of microsooft continuing in mobi... moreI find that quality is just as good as Nokia. It is essentially Nokia after all, and every Microsoft phone released so far has been a Nokia design with the Microsoft branding.
Shame ! I waiting and waiting...I like Windows, but maybe it is time for Android...
Microsoft is such a bull sheet,all are launching their update like apple,Android,etc,but Microsoft not launching their windows 10 in mobile in old selected Lumia phones,the date they have given that is also faq,Now I will suggest to all my friend that don't take Lumia or windows phone.
sr777, 20 Dec 2015Am I supposed to cry because you sold the Lumia and bought a Samsung XDxd xd xd xd
AnonD-304792, 20 Dec 2015today i sold my Lumia 640XL and bought Samsung J7...good bye Windows Phone..RIPAm I supposed to cry because you sold the Lumia and bought a Samsung XD
sr777, 20 Dec 2015Are you sunnyrkts? Because I was asking him not you sorry for that..
AnonD-392127, 20 Dec 2015Don't know abt u man. but currently i'm running two lumias 720 and 925 in win 10 preview 10586... morethnx bro..already disposed off my Lumia after waiting since August..not interested in pre release version any more..may be they have improved the pre release version meanwhile but thats not enough for me.
sr777, 20 Dec 2015So these things make the Lumias UNUSABLE XD
You must have a very thick skull. It took two L... moreYup i m that much thick skull :)
Just for Nokia i kept on buying "built from scratch" & "Next update will make is best" thing.
Finally some medicine put some sense in me and said bye to WP :)
sr777, 20 Dec 2015How to install the latest W10M build 10586.36 that is currently being installed to Lumia 950 a... moreMicrosoft has given you the choice: Update through Insider app or wait till official update.
AnonD-75819, 20 Dec 20151) Lack of Vibration+Ring during incoming calls ( it vibrates once and then just ring....i mis... moreSo these things make the Lumias UNUSABLE XD
You must have a very thick skull. It took two Lumia phones to sink in to you that Windows phones are unusable XD
AnonD-454771, 20 Dec 2015If you compared direct numbers as opposed to percentages youll be ij for quite a shock. How ma... moreThe question is did your Android get update to Androids latest version Marshmallow or not? XD
sr777, 19 Dec 2015So did your Android get an update? XD Less than 1% Android phones run on the latest versi... moreIf you compared direct numbers as opposed to percentages youll be ij for quite a shock. How many nexuses (nexii)??? are in the market then the g3 and g4 and htc one m8 and then the an....i bet they are over 100 million units as a whole. So adoption in percentage isnt really a show of true figure
sr777, 19 Dec 2015Can you tell me a feature that lacks in 8.1 that makes it unusable? 1) Lack of Vibration+Ring during incoming calls ( it vibrates once and then just ring....i miss a lot of call in crowded places when phone is in my pocket)
2) Wake up alarm while the phone is turned off ( I prefer to switch off my phone at night and the phone turns on along with the alarm)---Really miss this feature.
3) Lack of proper web browser- Compare IE or UCWeb with web browser present on Android and difference is clear.
4) Lack of proper voice recorder. ( One good friend taught me to do voice recording on WP and i was ROFL with that method)
5) I love to record my voice call for future reference as i have a habit to forget small details.( lots of calls)
6) Apps such as Whatsapp and Hike miss some very common features which are available on other platforms.(File sharing for example)
7) Proper multitasking: Downloading a file in background. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't.
Actually i can make a blog with other such little things which make a big difference in experience.
Anyway i moved from WP to Android and i don't think will be returning back soon.
WP is good for those who are new to Smartphones and just want some basic multimedia features.
Even MS Office suite is much better on Android than on WP. Irony!
I used WP because of my love for Nokia. My last WP was Nokia Lumia 1020.
1100>5300XM>6600>N72>C6-01>Lumia800>Lumia1020>>>Bye Bye Nokia :)
How to install the latest W10M build 10586.36 that is currently being installed to Lumia 950 and 950xl
1. Install Windows Insider from store
2. Open the Windows Insider app and sign in
3. Subscribe to “Slow ring”. “Fast Ring” is not for p***ies XD
4. Sometimes you will be asked to restart.
5. After restart, go to settings and check for updates. It will automatically download the update and ask to restart.
6. After W10M installation is completed, open the Windows Insider app and press the ‘… ’ at bottom right corner and select “Leave Program”
7. Goto the Store App and press “Check Updates” from Menu> Downloads and Updates.
* Be sure to keep your phone charged and plugged to a charger
* Wifi is needed as it will download around 2GB
* Make sure your phone has minimum on 1.5GB internal memory free
* Although build 10586.36 is stable, Microsoft is still fine tuning and making internal adjustments. If you want those updates as well skip No. 6.
* Even if Microsoft officially released W10M today, you probably won't get it today and may not get it if the phone is carrier specific. In that case this the best option. But after the phone get the official update to W10M you will receive updates directly from Microsoft like how they update PCs. Once your, region and carrier releases the update you can use Windows Divice Recovery tool to install the official update. But there is no different between the official update and Insider version (confirmed by Gabe Aul). So it is not necessary to do it.
* W10M insider preview runs on nearly 7% of windows phones (excluding lumia 950 and 950xl). That is more than the Android Marshmallow device percentage (less than 1%)
Now you know how to install W10M, stop being a p**** or a cry baby and update your device. Microsoft has given you the choice: Update through Insider app or wait till official update.
AnonD-304792, 19 Dec 2015do u think i m making fun? windows 8.1 update 2 doesnt have official facebook app..the app we ... moreDon't know abt u man. but currently i'm running two lumias 720 and 925 in win 10 preview 10586.36 versions. and they are working super smooth with very minor bugs like u'l won't notice a thing.