Anonymous, 12 Apr 2016I think u shutup s5 received marshmallow and even note 4 So how you explain that my frend on s5 still have L 5.0.2.?
I like the word edit feature(select all, cut, copy, paste). The Xperia Z2 Mashmallow UI is faster, very responsive and smoother than lollipop version. The all new camera UI is very user friendly, very responsive, the camera startup and the shutter key startup is faster, l love it. I like the new theme color especially the light theme. The double tap to off the screen is very nice and lightning fast. No more stamina mode but the doze mode is quite good. No more swipe up for google search feature, 99% I don't use it actually, I actually prefer use a browser.
Conclusion is A great update! Cheers!
I installed Android M on my xperia z2 (D6503) and the battery is running well, I woke up at 6:00 A.M used the smartphone till 12:00 A.M (18 hours) with 2 & half hours screen on (90% fixed screen brighntss) including games, web surfing & Uber, 2:30 hours phone calls and it still had a juice of 3% remaining which is great I guess
Anonymous, 11 Apr 2016S5 didnt recive 6.0 so shut up S6 did,so as the z5 I think u shutup s5 received marshmallow and even note 4
sir i am using sony xpeira Z3 compact (D5833) India when i get update Marshmallow 6.0 please replay.
Everyone, this update is only for d6603 version of xperia z3. D6653 will receive update soon in upcoming days so relax ☺
Anonymous, 10 Apr 2016no update yet in Egypt, probably it's a slow rollout.I live in egypt .. How can i get the update when it reaches egypt ???
Moscardo, 11 Apr 2016What about Z1 Compact?It's so old that by now its sealed battery is rotten. Better buy a new device. After all that's the thinking of companies like Sony, seal the battery and let it rot inside its cage so that old devices would be useless...
By comparison my 5 years old S2 is sprinkly new...
I bit the bullet and flashed the 6.0.1 from the article.
- performance is mixed - some areas it's smooth as butter, some areas there are slight glitches, but I suspect that's mostly due to apps not being updated to work properly with Marshmallow.
- Doze simply... works. Left on the desk overnight it used 0% of battery in 7 hours on Wi-Fi. Remarkable.
- it's still a Sony ROM, so it's as close to stock as it can be, and still retain that Sony feel to it. Some Sony apps can be uninstalled, some can't, Google apps are mostly installed to the system so you can't remove them.
- people report some visual bugs with the status bar, I didn't find any. I use Nova Launcher Prime, so that might be one of the causes.
- there is a weird bug with Wi-Fi reception where I sit 2 meters away from my Wi-Fi AP, and get one bar of signal. After a couple of moments, it jumps up to max. Sony acknowledged the fault during their Marshmallow beta test process, so I reckon the problem will be fixed with the next update. Some people over on XDA are complaining this problem occurs on data too, with similar symptoms (lower reception, slower speeds, etc). Might be a radio issue.
- camera has a new interface (some say it's the same from the Z5, I wouldn't know)
That's about all I tested during my couple of hours with MM, so far it looks pretty good.
GALAXY BOY, 10 Apr 2016too late sony...... your flagship phone just got android 6.0? watch and learn from samsungS5 didnt recive 6.0 so shut up
S6 did,so as the z5
EmilRasyad, 11 Apr 2016i think double tap already available since kitkat, atleast on my Z2It was only for turn on display at least on z3
AnonD-79109, 10 Apr 2016I didn't receive any update in Mumbai.. I have the d6653 as well.. No updates yet in srilanka for D6653 too! Just checked