Skaiwalker, 15 May 2016Meizu M3 note and Pro 6. Why? Because Flyme is smooth (No need to think what "spec" inside the... moreMaybe just for the m3 note but not so for pro 6. It can only average me 3 1/2 to 4 hours of screen on time.
My personal choice is Sony X Performance:
- SnapDragon 820 on a 5" FHD display
- SD card
No phone should be called a flagship in 2016 if it lacks waterproofing. PERIOD.
The poll should have only 3 devices: S7, S7e and X Performance.
Im not a fan of TouchWiz, I'm not saying Lagwiz hehe, but I hate that design! Bleah! Sammy should hire some gay graphic designers if they want a great interface..
Of course the majority will still choose Sammy, but I don't care, I'm still going with vanilla stock Sony.
Can't wait to buy the X Performance! :)
RC255, 15 May 2016What a surprise, knew you'd pop up to defend your precious.
Read the review properly and you'... moreOh its you again. I see you still don't understand English well enough to know that 'in my eyes' was supposed to be in the sentence in question for it to refer to the sentence in question. You said 'in my eyes' for one completely different point, and then in the next sentence you stated that the s7 is worse in terms of battery and ergonomics like it was a fact. Seriously, take some English lessons.
But anyway, you failed to mention which flagship had better battery, and didn't mention bad battery as a con for g5 or HTC 10 when they have far worse battery.
They also have worse ergonomics, g5 because the back is flat, and htc10 because it is significantly thicker.
But sure, whatever. Its clear you just hate Samsung. Just admit it. Next time don't bother making up lies about the product. Just say 'I'm a hater and I don't like Samsung, that's why I'm not going to take the product into consideration and will just say its worse'
Name Please, 15 May 20161. Exynos 8890 isn't more powerful than SnapDragon 820. It's just that the processor is well-o... more1. So the exynos is better ultimately
2. FHD certainly isn't enough for VR. Its already noticeable in standard usage that the s7 display is much better. That is if the xP has the same display as the z5
3. I don't see what jealousy has to do with anything. When you say things like this its clear you just don't want to admit which is the better phone.
5. Qnovo doesn't make the battery better, it just increases its lifespan. And we don't know how well it does this in practice.
9. The edge screen is a design feature predominantly, and it is very well received.
10. The Sony ui takes more space than touchwiz now. And my s5 runs marshmallow just fine, as smooth as the day I got it, if not smoother.
Name Please, 15 May 20161. Exynos 8890 isn't more powerful than SnapDragon 820. It's just that the processor is well-o... more1. Exynos S7 does better than any S820 Android phone, so that's why it is better.
2. I disagree, QHD should be the minimum for VR, and trust me I would be OK with FHD, but nowadays they don't get that much attention, QHD is a must (for marketing).
3. Yeah, they did, but still they have it.
4. That's what I said
5. Yeah, as I said, Sony usually has good battery life
7. I disagree. I personally don't like it.
9. Yeah, it might be a gimmick, but it adds so much to the design and the looks of it.
10. Yeah, it is good, but nothing special, it is on par with other skins. (probably better than TouchWiz in terms of performance)
AnonD-442781, 15 May 2016What a load of bull. The s7 has a curved back for better ergonomics and has the best battery l... moreWhat a surprise, knew you'd pop up to defend your precious.
Read the review properly and you'll see I said 'in my eyes' several times.
This is my opinion. You don't like it, please keep it to yourself.
Battery life is not the highest of all 2016 flagship smartphones, whether in tests or real life so please get your facts right.
Yes, the curved back is for ergonomics but - again in my eyes - the surface gets uncomfortable after a short time.
RC255, 15 May 2016What a ridiculously loaded poll. This is not going to show 'the best android smartphone' beca... moreWhat a load of bull. The s7 has a curved back for better ergonomics and has the best battery life of any 2016 flagship.
What a ridiculously loaded poll.
This is not going to show 'the best android smartphone' because everyone has a preference for one of the given choices.
I won't go Samsung because they favour power over usability, a powerful chip does not make a flagship, in my eyes. They have average - in terms of flagship - ergonomics and battery life. Put R&D into those and I'll be more impressed.
LG are mixed for me. I loved the G2/3/4 but I'm as yet undecided about the G5 and their dual screen phase. I like the 'Magic Slot' - if not the name - but the design is lacking finesse.
Sony X is an unknown at this time so no one can really vote.
HTC 10 seems better than recent years and have carried on their high quality build, I've never been a massive fan of the overall design they have - too much unused space for me.
The two Xiaomis look - on paper - brilliant. If they had the Mi5 here I'd seriously consider it - but they don't. With a very limited market I can't consider these.
Huawei P9/Plus are - in my eyes - the best looking smartphone out today. The Plus is not available in the UK - yet or ever I don't know - but the P9 is very nice too look at and hold. Performance is hampered by the GPU but I have a tablet to do heavy work/games on so it's not a huge deal. Which makes the chipset and power very usable, battery could be better - as with most phones now.
Verdict; for me the Huawei P9.
AnonD-416078, 15 May 20161. Exynos 8890 is much better than S800
2. FHD is not exactly a good thing, considering all o... more1. Exynos 8890 isn't more powerful than SnapDragon 820. It's just that the processor is well-optimized and is only dedicated to run on Samsung devices.
2. 1080p is more than enough for a VR headset. QHD is useless, unless it is AMOLED (Sony would start making OLED display smartphones in 2018).
3. Samsung is just jealous of this feature that's why they copied this one from Sony.
4. It's better to wait for the official phone and final software to be released rather than judging from pre-software.
5. Qnovo is better than a standard battery technology, so it's expected that the X Performance may have better battery life than the Galaxy S7 Edge.
6. Sony is doing very well at speakers, considering waterproof phones' speaker like the S7 sucks because of the protection.
7. In general, the X Performance is the best designed phone. It's not too attractive like the S7 and HTC 10, but it doesn't have too much gimmicks on it.
8. Innovation in camera like stabilization. Not everyone is innovating nowadays. Improvement is what matters today.
9. There is one. The Edge screen of the S7 is a gimmick. For others it could be useful, but I personally can live without that Edge. Not to forget the P9 with the dual camera setup. One of the camera is an sRGB sensor, so images that the phone produces should be vibrant and well-saturated, but it doesn't.
10. When talking about software performance, no doubt it is one of the best if not the best. It is very stable that even Marshmallow on the Xperia Z2 runs like a champ, which Samsung can dream of.
AnonD-497592, 15 May 2016Saved me from typing basically the same thing :DNope snap 820> exynos 8890 except multicore performance(thanks to 4 extra a53 cores) ,i think sony xp will be perfect mobile for me ,qnovo battery tech(means battery will maintain its capacity for atleast two years considering i full charge per day,as it maintains for 800 cycles) and i will change my mobile in 3-4 years,,good software support (litterally, either z1 or z2 got marshmallow i saw somewhere in news), waterproof,stereo speakers i cant ask for anything else in this mobile(maybe bigger battery :p ) sony JUST RELEASE IT IN INDIA
I think most people who voted for s7 edge are the ones who didn't use s6 edge plus. I am currently using it and to be honest yeah i know it looks flashy but at times it a little impractical. The sides are constantly getting pressed accidentally and the power button has become so clumsy that its switching on my phone in the pocket all the time.
But in the end every phone has their pros and cons. I have been dying to use an htc device again for the longest of times now and i think htc 10 ticks all the boxes for me. Its an overall more practical and a sensible package.
I've watched a lot of review saying that s7 edge have a great battery of more than 5 hours of screen on time and sometimes 6. So i recently bought the s7 edge and i don't know how but i always got more than 7 hours of screen on time. Such an amazing phone
AnonD-537483, 15 May 2016Android phones that try to mimic iphones should immediately be disqualified from the listNews flash for you. Any iphones try to mimic android should be disqualified from the list. Oh, wait! It already had been disqualified. Lol. Btw, you are definitely lost in the android section. Iphone don't exist here. Go away dude. If anyone looKing for an iphone in the list i'm gonna kill him! This is for ANDROID!
The Sony X Performance is not even widely available yet. The Mi 5 and Mi Max are China only for now as far as I know.
Personally, I am partial to Xiaomi. Why? All these Android phones are roughly similar in terms of support, which is poor. So why bother paying $$$ for Samsung and the likes. Might as well pay cheap Xiaomi. Furthermore, Xiaomi devices tend to have good custom ROM support. Samsung devices have the annoying KNOX, making it hard for custom ROM.
So, cheap, more likely to get custom ROM support, I vote for Xiaomi. Yes, they bend in half literally, but at least I'm not paying $$$ (HTC and Nexus also bend, Sony put plastic lens on expensive Z5).