AnonD-472910, 23 Jun 2016but you cant use the word "skipping" as they did not omit 6gb of ram regardless of it working or notIf you move on to something else (in this case 8gb RAM) before properly utilising the predecessor (6gb RAM) then 'skipping' is perfectly acceptable. Don't lecture me on my own language.
RC255, 23 Jun 2016Read my comment properly and you'll see I've said they haven't got 6gb working properly before... morebut you cant use the word "skipping" as they did not omit 6gb of ram regardless of it working or not
AnonD-472910, 22 Jun 2016skipping to 8? they already have 6Read my comment properly and you'll see I've said they haven't got 6gb working properly before skipping to 8
Anonymous, 23 Jun 2016When does competition turn into rediculousness ?Since Samsung
why they are increasing ram and processor speed its gpu also which handles 3d functions i am pc and android fan so in pc graphic card means a lot instead increasing ram they should try to increase the power of gpu as they can ....have nice day
Awesome spec right there. However, the only bottleneck is the OS support. We all know how much PITA when your device is non-nexus. Even Nexus only get 2 year official support. The SoC and the 8 GB RAM is future proof for at least 4-5 years but the smartphone will never see update after past 18 months. That's what keep me away from this smartphones. I only buy Nexus because even after official support ends, I am at least satisfied that I will get latest updates from the custom ROM community.
More ram and still cheap, why not I take it.
This is make another cellphone maker fell nervous. Never ending competition.
please refine your camera software and other lacking features instead of giving useless 8GB ram
Anonymous, 22 Jun 2016Actually, now most high-end phones use LPDDR4 and PCs use DDR4I know. Just giving example. However, most chinese phone still use LPDDR3 and that is the main reason why their smartphone is so cheap versus the competitor.
Anonymous, 22 Jun 20163gb ram is enough for 95% of smartphone users..more than that is just gimmicky feature used to... moreI dont believe the remaining 5% actually use more than 3gb of ram, ill put my house in it!
AnonD-479319, 22 Jun 2016So much tech , and their build quality is the opposite of thatYou obviously havent owned an letv/leeco phone then, troll.
Anonymous, 22 Jun 2016So instead let's not offer more. Let's offer less and stop advancing. That makes senseThats not what he/she meant. Theres more to upping the numbers in ram and cpu/gpu. Battery life is more of a problem than speed these days, and yet year after year, flagship after flagship, only a handful delivers an excellent battery life and they are not the top brands. I had letv 1 before, super smooth but battery life is sheyt! Wifi and data were also bad. And often times when on call, there a sudden interruption that would actually make the conversation incomprehensibl . Not sure if its cpu related though, coz its mediatek and with my previous 0hones all SD didnt experience it. So if you cant make a sensible comment, m8ght as well not to comment at all coz u are wasting space. Silly boy!!!:)
This is absolutely retarded.
More and more ram is just a gimmick and not even future proof because the phone will probably break or malfunction after some months/2 years (max).
3 gb of ram and snapdragon 801 with a FHD display phone is more than enough to run every app and scroll through the UI without lag.
Just look at Oneplus X or Oneplus One.
Still very good phones for the money instead of this Shi*
Whilst being the first 823 is something and a 25mp camera sounds good (software makes all the difference), 8gb is pointless at this stage. Companies haven't even got 6gb running at full potential yet and LeEco are skipping to 8. Future proof, yes, but only if they make it work first and make sure they update it for years. Personally 4gb is enough with the current market and instead they should focus on better GPUs and batteries.