It´s so hard to understand why, today near 2011, a brand new five hundred plus phone, nice phone, haven´t got removable storage..
It has to be somebody from Apple inside HTC, wich make this practical decision
I just can´t, as simple as that, so, Next Phone!!,please..
Honestly I am really excited about the second coming of Windows Mobile&Kin failure 2.0! This will bring Microsoft down! They've put a lot of money into this and it still looks like crap! The UI is the most retarded I've ever seen! This will not sell! But again I said the same about the Porsche Panamera and as it turns out there are stupid people out there who are programmed to buy crap!
Anonymous, 23 Sep 2010Specs are nothing to write home about. Windows mobile fail againHow can you look at one phone and say that WM is a fail? Stop being so narrowminded there is still LG and Samsung's windows mobile phone
Anonymous, 23 Sep 2010holy huge brick. you need a big purse to carry this thing.
cheap components make a cheap made... moreThat's my thought too, it can't be called a "phone" with 4.3" display which is too big for pockets
3.5" is the sweet spot for a smartphone.
this phone is nothing like the hd2. the hd2 runs on windows 6.5 this is a tmobile exclusive windows 7 phone..a whole new interface was systemized. it runs on a 1ghz processor..unlike the hd2
My first reactions on reading this article are:
1. Why no SD card slot - my HD2 much-loved has a 16gb card and I wish it had more. A paltry 8gb is not enough these days.
2. Nice specs, but is the HD7 just a HD2 with a revised, but nonetheless reviled, o/s? Okay so 720p video recording is welcome, but I already have most of the HD7 features on my HD2 and wonder if I would miss HTC's sense overlay on the HD7?
3. Will any developers bother writing decent, fun apps for WinMo7? If not why should I bother getting a HD7 when my current phone already has 99% of the features of the HD7 and also runs both WinMo6.5 and Froyo?!
Ultimately I expect most potential buyers will wait a while to see how the HD7 takes off, and given the fact that WinMo phones are already lagging far, far behind the rest of the market in respect of sales I wonder if this will be the swan-song of Microsofts efforts to try and grab a share of the mobile phone market..?
So... you take the HD2, cut out two buttons, change the OS and you have a brand new HD7. Pretty cheap, HTC.
Anonymous, 23 Sep 2010holy huge brick. you need a big purse to carry this thing. cheap components make a cheap made... moreNo, this is hot, the iPad is a useless brick with ridiculous low internal memory for it's size, crap processor, crap graphic card, nu connection ports of any sort, only 256 RAM "good lord" etc.. What the hell is it? It's to crap to be a laptop or a real slate pc, and it's too big to be a iPod. What the hell is it? It has absolutely no use. I can't believe Apptards go buy a obeese iPod like that for 800 dollars. I would rather get a Slate Tablet PC with 160 GB HD, Intel Atom 1.6 Ghz, and loads of connection slots including LAN.
Oh i ve got to make a comment,in the spec it says 7.2Mb/s peak rate,AT LAST a phrase ALL uk I.P. operators should be made to adopt,for example bt broadband peak download speed of 8MB/s.
It reminds of stereo radio cassettes (ghetto blasters)when to impress its specs they used to say it had 100wattss p.m.p.o.(peak music power output)instead of a the reasonable 25 watts R.M.S true power out put..
HTC has gone up in my ratings plus they are not stingy with RAMbut please get a third party to sort out your speakers and cameras OR spend some extra on your speakers at least they are crap..You charge the earth for your devices but put in poor hardware or cheap hardware,come on you can do better.
holy huge brick. you need a big purse to carry this thing.
cheap components make a cheap made in china device.
QSD8250 or QSD8255?
I own a rooted Samsung Vibrant. Android is amazing but I find it lacking at an enterprise level and that is making me attracted towards a WP7 phone. Pro'ly gonna wait for few months for user feedback!
Guys, a couple of things:
1. WP7 platform is surprisingly fast. It works w noticeably less lags than Android on same HW (I _do_ have access to these things in my job, I _do_ use prototype WP7 for >2 wks now); so don't be surprised seeing WP7s hopping out on "outdated" CPUs.
2. I can't see "HTC's tweaked UI" in neither of pics, although it is mentioned in article. I guess - because it does not exist, as MS does not allow for it. Exception: build your own app, which replaces all main phone feats. (What for...? ;-) ) So - gsmarena editors: pls., be more careful posting!
3. SD support is not there 'cause MS does not support it. Don't blame the pianist for broken piano! ;-)
1st gen snapdragon, 4.3in screen and 1230 mAh battery? I hope thats wrong otherwise this think will have a battery life of a couple of hours.
Overall this isn't a bad phone and all videos I saw so far show WP7 can run really smooth on 1GHz CPUs but both the Touch HD and the HD2 had specs no other phone at the time had, I was hopping the HD7 would be like that too, this is "just another" WP7 phone