But what about pedometer - how accurate it was compared to, say, previous Mi bands and Galaxy S5, S7?
Kyle K., 01 Aug 20161. Xiaomi says it's glass. 2. It's not BS. I am now 20 days since my last charge and I have 3... moreYes... i agree with you... GSMArena is the only unbiased and trusted site for me. I am big fan of you guys... i would like to ask how your battery endurance work.? As some time it seems very inconsistent to me. For example sony z3 endurance is 85h while s5 endurance is 83h pretty close. But i can confirm that sony z3's battery is far better than s5
Fitbit, Tom Tom, Garmin or Polar are fantastic, but, for those with higher budget. Technology make sense when everybody can have acess... and devices lower then 50,00 dolars are wellcome.
I have purchased a Mi Band 2, and I absolutely love it. I know there are plenty of other wearables out there, like Garmin, Fitbit, etc, but those are all above USD50. For this price point, I'm happy to get all this tech into one small tiny device.
Rex, 31 Jul 20161. Screen isn't Glass, it's Plastic.
2. 30 Days of work is BS.
3. 25$?!?!?! WHERE?? it's fre... more1. Xiaomi says it's glass.
2. It's not BS. I am now 20 days since my last charge and I have 36% battery left. I've attached a screenshot in the battery section of this review. Maybe it's a Bluetooth issue with an older BT revision, I don't know. But for me (iPhone SE) and a friend of mine (iPhone 6s) - we both get 30+ days of battery.
3. $25 when it's officially released. If you have followed the news, Xiaomi is not ready to ship the Mi Band 2 due to some factory issues. It will be out officially later this year, for now EVERYTHING is BLACK market. That's why you can't find it priced at $25/Â€25.
5. Xiaomi says it's glass and metal, and I believe them. It sure looks like glass and metal
6. It's not useless, I have no problems with the HR - it won't work only when I am moving or the strap is loose.
7. We'll see.
Nobody pays us for the reviews on our website, stop with this nonsense already. We are absolutely independent. It doesn't work this way, it never did. We are not some insignificant blog relying on free gadgets, we are a TOP500 website - we acquire the devices as we see fit and write whatever we decide is fair.
It would be nice if you said what are the other wearables better than Mi band 2.
Li, 31 Jul 2016Mine after ~2 weeks is at exactly 60%.in this case I have a faulty one...
usually I get 4-6 days, though once I got 13+ days... once.
Got one and love it, although I also paid more then $25, that's probably got something to do with the currently limited supply and quite heavy demand :)
One question: you mention in the article the Band can be setup as a trusted device for Android's smart lock in the Mi App. Where is this option? I just can't find it and setting it up as a trusted device through the Android settings has so far failed for me...
Some haters just can't accept that Xiaomi has made such a Great Fitness band for such a price.
For the ones complaining where to get one for $25, just don't be that Dumb.
$25 price is the one which is for the countries it officially sells in. Obviously if you are buying in other countries it will be priced higher.
And yes it does around 30 days battery life and a minimum of 20 days. That's impressive. Haters can hate but this thing is just too good
Does this have in-bulit GPS, or user has to carry it's phone everywhere, because imho that is a let down for any fitness tracker ?
You say Mi Band is great for 25 $ BUT HonorBuy.com which gave you Test Unit sells it for 38 $ !!!!!
take my money!
all i need is a watch and phone notification alert (vibrate) on my wrist so my phone will kept silent forever
AnonD-362102, 31 Jul 2016Look at the last pic in article. How does ur guys reads time ? Upside down ? Euh.. Am reading 2:02.. And you? 20:2?Guess he is wearing it right..
$25 where? that's ballsheet! the cheapest i could find on ebay is about $45. Well for that kind of price i'd rather go with $100 1st gen moto 360 cuz it does more for what you pay.
AnonD-362102, 31 Jul 2016Look at the last pic in article. How does ur guys reads time ? Upside down ? He wore it that way so we the readers can see time
1. Screen isn't Glass, it's Plastic.
2. 30 Days of work is BS.
3. 25$?!?!?! WHERE?? it's freaking 39$ everywhere!
4. I prefer my Metal S1 Band, looks unusual, the laser cut around looks stylish, and the Lights provide me with all the info I need, got the Time in my Phone anyway!
5. This Band 2 is all Plastic, looks like some cheap noname, compare to the Previous Bands.
6. The Heart Rate is Useless on all the Xiaomi Bands, it won't work when you'll need it on some training.
7. Waiting for the Next Xiaomi Band, hopefully with some METAL design!
As for this "review" seems like a commercial.