cozxta, 07 Aug 2016I always used Android with root, never used any antivirus and never ever got any virus or malw... moreLol, a rooted device is considered as Heaven for malwares/viruses. Your device might actually be infected. Its just that you are unaware of it.
ok apy, 07 Aug 2016I know many people think India is a poor country. lol actually that is, hardly the truth. Actu... more"The amount of tax collected by Indian government can reach; anually, is approximately like 1000 times greater than the tax collected in UK." Do you even realise what you blabbered? Btw, I'm an Indian. I ain't that dumb.
We use Android phones because google's CEO is an Indian, we use Windows computers because Microsoft's CEO is an Indian, but Apple's CEO is not an Indian guy...
jheddy 2, 07 Aug 2016So Sad for India , the country was already stock by a lagger,faster battery drain phone and a ... moreWhat?? Windows,BB,Sailfish and MeeGo.. ??
Hahaha.. those os are dead. Indians are smart, they never choose dead os.
I am an Indian and lemme clear confusion about 97% share of android in indian market. To understand these one has to understand market dynamics here which are influenced by income, culture, general thinking of people here and ofcourse price of a gadget.
India is a country of 1.21 billion people (census 2011), 7th rank with GDP of over 2 trillion dollars and with over 40% of population in income generating group. That makes the number somewhere around 500 million. currently there are only 225 million smartphone subscribers or 18% of total population which makes it 3rd largest smartphone market set to become 2nd in 2017 (http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/tech-news-technology/india-second-largest-smartphone-market-2017/). With ever increasing income of working and service class people in India, its a huge potential for companies like Apple for tapping into this huge market which was echoed by Apple CEO Tim Cook in a recent event (http://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/apple-sees-huge-market-potential-in-india-ceo-tim-cook/article8551270.ece). That's why companies like samsung, Xiaomi, Lenovo launch their product immediately here after announcement.
Now why Apple has not been able to tap into this huge market? Reasons are multiple. Few of them are
1. Most important- Cost. Iphone is imported in India which makes it atleast 20% costlier than US. Indians like to invest that kind of money elsewhere gold and jewellery, or into fixed deposits than investing into Iphone. (fun fact- indian house hold almost 1 trillion worth of gold. thats's 11% of world gold reserve and more than entire US gold reserve). Its bad for economy but Indian culture and gold had been inseperable.
2. Target population. Iphones are simle yet powerful and practical to operate. Western countries have more of older population (read >40 years). Which makes them ideal target population of iphone. (Next point is related to 2nd point)
3. India has more of youth population (14 to 35 yrs). In indian culture marriage happens early and everyone looks to settle down first. Investing into coslty gadgets isn't exactly good for settling down, Instead we save our savings for future house or land.
4. Brand penetration- Apple is known mostly in urban areas of India. India has 72% population living in rural or semi urban areas (They are not exactly poor people). Not many of them have heard of Apple or its products.
5. Indians are not really bothered about security issues. Not many of us store our credit card information (not that many of us have a credit card) or our nude pics and videos).
6. Functionality over form. Indian has moderate penetration of 3g leave aside 4g which is rolled in few places only. the most indians do is make calls, send whatsapp and text and occasional youtube and mobile sites and games. Facetime doesnt exist nor wanted here. Videocalls and VoLTE have very few users. And most doesnt bother with camera quality as long as it takes photos. Iphone although better than most other phones doesnt provide substantial functionality than already provided by a 100$ phone here.
7. Ecosystem!!! What ecosystem? - Most of the Iphone buyers are previous iphone users who have heavily invested in apple ecosystem like apps and itunes songs and movies. Android have cracked apps and pirated songs. why would anyone pay for apps when they are available for free. (unethical in my imo).
Until APPLE address these issues atleast some of them they can't have more share than this.
So Sad for India , the country was already stock by a lagger,faster battery drain phone and a cheap OS. I feel sorry about them , they don't know how valuable iPhone is.. and also other OS like Windows,BB,Sailfish and MeeGo.. the best i just hate android love apple.
It seems Indian people are way smarter than Chinese when come to smartphone of choice.
I know many people think India is a poor country. lol actually that is, hardly the truth. Actually the system is poor.. where rich exploits the poor.. politicians loot the tax payers. so even there are millions of rich people who can afford none the less than best private flights a billion k home.. and bugatti veyron .. the country looks pathetic in development. The amount of tax collected by Indian government can reach; anually, is approximately like 1000 times greater than the tax collected in UK.. but there is no output because the tax is exploited.. and that is the truth.. and regarding the post.. yes even if the total iphone sale percentage is around 2% thats is like 3-4 million anually..maybe even more.. now that is more than apple does in most other countries.. go figure.. cause apple doesn't want to lose that pie.. and I think most rich people choose apple beacuse of the price tag it carries, but I think the share of android users is larger in most countries.
Yet you all browse Google everyday and work on a Windows PC. CEO of both the companies are Indians. We have the capability of running a billion dollar company and you are calling us poor?
Less sales for apple
1) ridiculous amounts of taxes in india, the price gap is literally very high.
2) lack of carrier offers
3) lack of apple care plus centers
The Artist, 06 Aug 2016Indians just can't afford iPhone that's all. Android share is high because you can find any An... moreI agree with you.. also most of the people who I know have imported their iPhone either from Dubai or the US is easily 5-10k cheaper there
cozxta, 07 Aug 2016I always used Android with root, never used any antivirus and never ever got any virus or malw... moreI never root my phones and never install any antivirus, ram booster, battery saver and other crap apps. And my phone works very good. Nowadays Android become more secure.
Pr, 07 Aug 2016Android has many brand like Samsung mmx Karbonn lemon mi Lenovo gionie n many more and these a... moreI use galaxy s7 . I can afford an iPhone but its not worth at all. People have fallen over s6 and s7 series ( note too ) because of their stunning design and irresponsible amounts of performance.
In India even who can afford iPhone generally don't buy because iOS is nothing Android. You can't download songs/videos from websites you like. Even if you can transfer via Xendertou can't get it in music player!!!
India is full of love, so Hindi and other regional language romantic songs are basic need of every youngsters which can satisfy Android more efficiently rather than iOS.
And those who saying India is poor, you should know if our 10-15% people is rich then the number of rich people in India is more than total population in EU. Hehehe.
[deleted post]Hahaha... Russell Peter is showing his mentality by commenting on the whole nationality. 😉 What do we call him?
India have rich people. but they used to work with Windows ecosystem and transferring files from PC to phone from old days of Nokia smart phones. when we make a buying decision we check for after sales service ,value for money and compatibility with existing environment. but apple didn't care about these. they spend noting on serious marketing or keeping brand value. if Apple want to sell more iPhones they should spend some time to improve marketing and make people think they will get the value they spend. and promote Mac os over Windows
Have anybody searched the ios % in Germany ,france,china etc? For their info . In Germany the ratio is 82% vs 9%, france - 72 vs 19.
Hope you will then call them also losers as per your logic