Michel, 19 Oct 2010I find it quite entertaining that Apple haters are like creationists: always in denial about s... moreApple is just a religion that has created lots of sheep... and Jobs saw it was good.
Ladies & Gentlemen....i am please to inform all n each & every one STOP comment "Who's the King of SmartPhone" because only the Winner talk as for the rest like SE,HTC,Nokia,LG,Samsung,BB,Motorola,Hauwei..etc please
zip your mouth n watch the winner speak.Thanks.Fact Of Life.....!!!
Lol...I'm happy to see that 14.1 million dum*as*es got this sh*t. However, the dum*est fools got the ipad as well. This is actually a good news for smart dudes. Just look around and try to exploit this idi*ots. Success is guaranteed.
Dani, 20 Oct 2010only se makes best smartphones like p1i /xperia x1/ xperia mini ect
nokia/samsung/iphone are... moreAGAIN, there is no BEST smartphone!!!
Nokia along with other cell phone makers are fake copies of SE smartphones??..lol. Are you that dumB? SE is a cheap immitation. It can't even market its smartphones via ads or tv commercials. Atleast, apple does.
Take that Nokia and Samsung
*Posted from my iphone 4 held incorrectly and squeezing the bumper case very tightly to prove any talk of signal loss is all lies and only said to try hide Nokia, HTC & Samsung's industry wide signal problems which they are hiding from you.
therock, 20 Oct 2010..and I find it quite entertaining that apple fanatics think that the iphone is the BEST smart... moreonly se makes best smartphones like p1i /xperia x1/ xperia mini ect
nokia/samsung/iphone are fake copies of se smartphones
Michel, 19 Oct 2010I find it quite entertaining that Apple haters are like creationists: always in denial about s... more..and I find it quite entertaining that apple fanatics think that the iphone is the BEST smartphone. This shows that they are suckers for thinking so. THERE IS NO BEST SMARTPHONE!!! It is a matter of a preference and what OS suits and satisfies the user.
jjsoviet, 20 Oct 2010- Better contrast ratio, better visibility under light, the blackest of black.
- Then it's ... moreAmoled does not render pure whites like ips lcd does. Amoled consumes more battery power when displaying whites. Amoled is still new while lcd is a more mature technology. Lcd can squeeze in more pixels than amoled. Life span of amoled is lesser than lcd making its resale value lower.
In itunes, you transfer songs from one pc to another just like how you would with any other music library app. I have all my songs backed up in an external hard drive. All I have to do is plug in my external hard drive to another pc and voila, all my songs are now on another pc. How hard is that?
Developers make more money through Apple. Believe me, they will prefer ios for technology and compensation reasons.
Screen rendering on safari is better than opera in some cases. Compression on opera browser does not always render pages the way they should be displayed. Opera might be faster than safari, but not by much. So yes, opera is faster, but safari is not bad either and renders pages in its full glory, not overly compressed.
Anonymous, 20 Oct 2010The best phone is subjective to ones taste. The fact that over 14million users think that the... moreHey brothas don't buy iphone any more as they are using resistive screen..
Anonymous, 20 Oct 2010The best phone is subjective to ones taste. The fact that over 14million users think that the... moreFlash was promised to be in the iPhone, then was cancelled abruptly. It was supposed to help improve web browsing experience which Apple is marketing its phone for, with its support for many flash applications on webpages. It could have been a great addition to HTML5 since Adobe was actually rooting for it, until some circumstances happened.
You don't necessarily have to use multitasking that way, but some users do. And Android also does make save states if you want them suspended for the time being. Again, the two use different approaches so I admit we cannot thoroughly compare that.
Sake of safety? Look at how Symbian was able to enjoy its supremacy pre-iPhone era when it doesn't set restrictions in regards to app publishing. There were no real repercussions of letting that happen People love to mess with their tech, and the OS gave them a chance. Sure it would be a fragmented experience, but it allows for user freedom and customization. Same goes with Android.
Again I would love to chat with you (excellent debate) but really, I need to take a rest. Where are you from? I'm in Texas so if you're on another side of the world, that's too bad. Ciao.
jjsoviet, 20 Oct 2010Seriously, final contention.
- I agree with the style/substance combo, but that doesn't me... moreThe best phone is subjective to ones taste. The fact that over 14million users think that the ip4 is the best, says a lot that it probably is. As for a device that can provide everyone's needs. I don't think there's one. Wanna give it a shot and name me a phone that can provide everyone's needs? :)
Back on multitasking. Do I need pacman to run in the background while I'm checking my emails? Do I need my music player playing while I'm on a call? Do I need a movie running in the background while I'm replying to a text message? So let me ask you again. What is wrong with ios pausing an app while I switch to another and reactivating it when I switch back to it? How will that bother a user?
Flash slows down development. It's a 3rd party plug in. Development depends on how fast or slow adobe acts. So you's rather be dictated by adobe than adopt Html5 which is the true open standard? Aren't you being hypocritical?
Apple does not allow non approved software tools for app development for safety reasons. Jut like BMW and Mercedes will not allow you to have your luxury car serviced at a non approved shop. It's for the users safety and security and it protects your warranty. And it's also for Apple to provide better services. Aftermarket products leaves you in the dust if something goes wrong. I'd rather keep it safe and only use products that Apple approved.
Anonymous, 20 Oct 2010What? Amoled renders natural colors? Lol. Amoled screens renders the most saturated colors ... more- Better contrast ratio, better visibility under light, the blackest of black.
- Then it's settled. No one has a definitive advantage in terms of multitasking. Each had its perks and kinks.
- You cannot sync your entire library from the app, can you? I am arguing that the iTunes software doesn't allow for retention of your media when transferring to another host PC.
- They're more used to it, so they prefer iOS. But some are already developing for Android as well and others are completely jumping ship. Another one, Angry Birds for full is free when iPhone users still have to pay.
- Explain. I have presented Opera's technical superiority over Safari. Now let's see how you will reply back.
- So the iP4's camera is among the best. I'm cool with that.
Hey ya all . Today I came across a shocking news that apple is going to be bankrupt very soon. And this reflects in latest iphone as they have started using very low res resistive screen instead of capacitive screen..
Apple/nokia/samsung are flop
jjsoviet, 20 Oct 2010- Screen resolution via Retina display is gorgeous, but in reality I found it too biased on th... moreWhat? Amoled renders natural colors? Lol. Amoled screens renders the most saturated colors fyi.
The ios' multitasking is the same as the others in the front end but consuming less battery power. So how is that bad? And does it really matter? As long as it can open multiple apps and lets you switch between apps, that's all that matters.
You can download music directly to your iphone via the itunes app, so I do not know why you say you always need a usb cable to do so. You are wrong.
Yes, the app store does have countless, useless fart apps, but so does the android store, so please. Most developers prefer the ios platform more than anything else.
Safari will always remain one of the best.
The n8's camera is indeed better than the ip4 ON PAPER, but not in performance. The iphone4 does take better pictures than the n8 under bright conditions outdoors, especially that the ip4 has hdr integrated into its software. Also, the ip4 takes better videos in most situations than the n8. So I don't think that the ip4's camera is at a major loss compared to the n8's.
Anonymous, 20 Oct 2010Well you said it yourself that the iphone has a good combination of style and technology. So ... moreSeriously, final contention.
- I agree with the style/substance combo, but that doesn't mean it should be treated as the best. Some people actually do care in what they want to have in a phone, which unfortunately the iP4 couldn't always provide.
- Don't trust me, it's fine. And as for the users, you mean the masses of fanatics influenced by Steve Jobs' Reality Distortion Field? Come on, not every single one of those 14+ million users would be automatically happy with their purchase. Not every unit sold equals one satisfied person. Same goes for any kind of purchase.
- Apple's approach is to suspend apps in a save state (as long as the app allows) and kill them off silently when memory is getting full. Thus you have to trust the phone to make the right decision in which app it will close. Android's more brute approach lets apps run in the background while running another app. It eats away at the battery, but that's a more unrestricted, realistic multitasking feature.
- Apple has too much regulation on its hands. Remember how it removed Flash in favor of HTML5? Or how about the developers not allowed to use "non-Apple" approved software for app publishing?
jjsoviet, 20 Oct 2010I should really be sleeping now, but here we go:
- Apple has more presence and is enjoying ... moreWell you said it yourself that the iphone has a good combination of style and technology. So stop whining.
So reviews should not be trusted? And who should we trust? You? Lol. Because you are not biased? Lol. You also said it yourself that the users are the ultimate judge. So how many ip4 have been sold again? Over 14 million units and still counting. So there. The users have spoken.
How is Android's multi tasking better than the iphone's? Because it consumes more power? Lol. The ios multitasking approach may be different, but it works the same with less battery consumption. Tethering is offered by the iphone. Open source is not always safe. A regulated approach like Apple's is much more secure.
But I don't know why you're mad. We have a choice just like you have your own. The iphone4 is another successful release. Why do you feel the need to spoil it with your bitterness?
Anonymous, 20 Oct 2010Hey, read the reviews. The ip4 has the highest screen resolution. It's processor is on par w... more- Screen resolution via Retina display is gorgeous, but in reality I found it too biased on the contrast. Read some reviews regarding that; the AMOLED display looks much more natural.
- The A4 processor is not used to full effect when the OS does not support full multitasking and the ability to control background apps. And oh, a rendering of webpages does not count as the processors' "benchmarking" test.
- Best music player indeed, but in essence a locked ecosystem. You can't sync your files in a cloud, instead relying on USB data cables to transfer media only from the source computer. Alternatives are there, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of being the best music app?
- Number of apps don't mean all are of top quality compared to others. And yes, Android is catching up as well as coming up with cheaper or free versions of the same app which cost a lot in the App Store.
- Safari will be beaten badly by the upcoming Opera Browser for mobile. It's just more reliable and functional, with tabbed browsing, gestures and many other features.
- Camera is bested by the N8, and that's running on an old Symbian OS. And I've read that the iPhone 4 camera is biased on color saturation, giving off a slightly "artistic" look to the stills and videos. Still, I do agree that's a fact that the iP4 camera is among the best.
i did not feel a need to go through the argument... but I must say one thing!!! Apple rules!!! and it rules by fooling people with obsolete technologies (video calling on WiFi only)!!! ha ha ha
jjsoviet, 20 Oct 2010Believe it or not, the iPhone DID become a mass-market phone. Just look at the number of phone... moreThe iphone is not a mass product. Nokia and android phones are. Just look at their market shares. The iphone has a small market share compared to the others. But yes, it is a popular phone, because it is soooooo good :)