[Reposting from IFA thread]
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced there will be an XZ Compact on the way. Reasons?
- Compact has always meant, "smaller without change in specs". THis Compact is a compact of the X, not a compact of the XZ.
- But "Compact" has always been of the flagship. THere are two models above the 'X' in the range now, and that intermediate model was also the first "X" to be released.
- X was released 6 months before X Compact. It takes time to miniaturise... So XZ Compact to be released at MWC in 6 months.
- Sony needs a headliner product for MWC. A new X wouldn't make sense after just outing the XZ now, there's no space in the range for anything to fit in-between the existing models. The only other possibility would be an X(Z) Premium/Ultra. Perhaps both as both are quite niche markets and wouldn't really stand on their own at an event.
- The X Compact is missing a few crucial features - no 4K, no waterproofing, just like the X was; and it's a lot thicker too. Bezels, I dunno, but it's clear that there's a step backwards from their efforts on the Z5C. That makes me think that they've made the XC deliberately with some room to improve, just like the X - so that there is also a market for the XZ C.
- So I think they might have realised their Compact is an angle they can work, so are bringing out Compacts of both the standard --and-- flagship models. We've seen the pricing of the XC - it's pretty reasonable. Definitely room to slot in the XZ C without pushing any other product too far out of view. Or at least the XC will have had six months to garner buyers, like the X had before the XZ.
The alternative, of course, is also possible - that Sony has given up on compact flagships altogether. That would really be a tragedy.. for me personally as much as for the Android market as a whole. But I'm going to assume that Sony has at least ---some--- sense still left in there. Despite all the recent evidence to the contrary.
Time will tell. Luckily, our Sony phones last as long as we need them too. :)
AnonD-573117, 03 Sep 2016More People will by Samsung, thats true. But People who who knows tech will by Sony. Better bu... moreIf you value your money you'll stay far and away of any and all overpriced Brokeny phones.
Dual heatpipes, 03 Sep 2016that ugly bezel design. oohhh sony makes another failure again. most people wont buy it, they ... moreMore People will by Samsung, thats true. But People who who knows tech will by Sony. Better built quality, better designe, best camera and much better softwear. And better updates by Sony. Physical home button is ugly.
Anonymous, 03 Sep 2016just curious. why some people in this web call you oldman? Because at a certain argument back in 2015 I pointed out that he was a kid, and he claimed i was an old man. Im 26 years old btw, just sayin
I love Qnovo, 02 Sep 2016I wish the competitors could read this before gibberish or talking nonsense at here
http://... morethat ugly bezel design. oohhh sony makes another failure again. most people wont buy it, they will buy s7 or s7 edge.
I wish the competitors could read this before gibberish or talking nonsense at here
-The XZ is fully waterproof with IP65/IP68.
-The dual sim version have 64GB storage.
-The Sony's triple image sensing technology is leading the camera tech.
Read the link for full informations, please.
AnonD-312515, 02 Sep 2016That's exactly how iPhone users think, oh 1GB it's plenty for iOS to operate lag-free. Pls don't compare apple to Sony.
Sony seems to live in a bubble. $200 cheaper, the LG G5 is available and features similar specs with top-notch camera.
Apart from design taste, there is no point in that.
AnonD-312515, 02 Sep 2016That's exactly how iPhone users think, oh 1GB it's plenty for iOS to operate lag-free. i agree on that part. flagship standards ask for 4gb of ram, they are just standards. Sony has great ram optimisation yes, but still 4gb now is flagship standard.
--, 02 Sep 2016why dont you defend sony again, old man? lol. there are many trolls here.i defend stuff that im mostly right, here I see something that doesn't impress me. Stop with the old man already :/
AnonD-312515, 02 Sep 2016Why would they not active it if the hardware's already there? This makes no cotdamn sense. My guess is that Sony lacks the patent licence in the US. But it is a very strange move..especially if they want to allow users to run any tap to pay service.
FANTASTIC SONY!, 01 Sep 2016calm my friend.I am calm and I will calmly wonder away from this brand. Simple.
yes SD650 is a quite powerful SoC but the problem is that is also used in sub 200 dollars smarphone like Xiaomi RedMi Note 3, for a 500$ one maybe they could choose something better
AnonD-448401, 02 Sep 2016why is every idiot thinking sd 650 is mid range chipset with a very bad performance??? if you ... moreBuddy, nobody cares that you like SD650. It is a mid-range processor made for mid-range phones. If you are satisfied with that, go ahead. Meanwhile, in Europe and USA we care about real performance and HIGH-END products with high-end processors.
Giving as a cheap Xiaomi as a reference really gives us a clue to your quality standards. What can I say. Mid-range phones for mid-range people.
I would never use a chinese phone even if they gave it to me for free. Same goes for WM phones and also crapple.
AnonD-112678, 02 Sep 2016From the hands-on videos so far it seems it can only be used in Intelligent Auto mode as well ... moreYup, stabilisation solutions always worked for video, same as on all other cameras.
For photo you have triple autofocus enhancements now and manual shutter speed.
jrharbort, 02 Sep 2016X Compact comes with the 650, not the 625. Even then, I would have expected nothing less than ... moreSorry my mistake. Xperia X Compact has SD 650 actually. And everything you said about their Compact lineup is correct. But what I am trying to say is that is Sony is so desperate to launch their Compact lineup with a lower than SD 8xx processor, they must price it accordingly too, otherwise, looking at Honor 8 or Axon 7, both lore powerful than Xperia X Compact any given day and costing at least 100-150$, doesn't make any sense to me
why is every idiot thinking sd 650 is mid range chipset with a very bad performance??? if you dont know anything abt it then shut up.those who have used redmi note 3 with sd 650 knows well that this processor is a super midranger.in terms of cpu power it can rival against any processor on the market.its downside is the weak gpu yeah but its still way better than those mini version other companies take out.wake up idiots.its 650 not 617 or below that which is midrange chips.
Tann Hauser, 01 Sep 2016OIS? Oh you mran that 3 axis stabilisation. This beast has five axis stabilisation, and Tripl... moreFrom the hands-on videos so far it seems it can only be used in Intelligent Auto mode as well as video and probably in 8MP only. The sensor unit probably shifts around like it does on the Z5 (a closed-loop actuator), so stabilization isn't completely digital, but on the Z5 it only works for video.