Eske Rahn, 21 Oct 2016No matter WHAT brand, If a device gets to hot it OUGHT to have a self preserving circuitry, so... moremy £20 vodafone phone has this
week or two ago i plug it in my s7e fast charger and i was transcoding media to chromecast.
after 30-40minutes it was verry hot and message appeared in the notification bar that the phone is overheating and the charging is stopped.
AnonD-233049, 21 Oct 2016but its not possible cuz apple has that that A10 fusion chip thingy and its the most powerful ... moreWell exactly. It's too powerful. Plus, combined with well-sealed phone and battery, with water resistence. Very bad idea.
but its not possible cuz apple has that that A10 fusion chip thingy and its the most powerful smartphone processor evah
Anonymous, 21 Oct 2016Just because it may not explode (It still could when battery gets older) doesn't mean heat is ... moreThat's why I don't feel good using VR on a phone :/ specially Roth book removable batteries. A quick VR can make the battery life worse
Wow! Something Samsung to cheer about :-( iPhone 8 Plus !!! I was about to buy iPhne 7 Plus good that this information is coming out!!! Let me go for Pixel XL instead!!
This comments section is a fine example of bias and double standards. Perfect exam0les for my thesis.
Number 7 is lucky for everyone but not for the Samsung and Apple jump directly to no 8
Kobresia, 21 Oct 2016It's time to start buying batteries from SONY. They have the best camera sensors. Admire my Xp... moreAre you serious? Sony has the worst lithium ion batteries. They overheat with little usage. Bad experiences with Sony V and a Sony NEX camera.
AnonD-550670, 21 Oct 2016Long story short. My HTC m7 was 9 hours under my pillow with the screen on and it was still pl... moreJust because it may not explode (It still could when battery gets older) doesn't mean heat is not a problem. With so much heat, the battery dies fast. A phone just shouldn't be designed that way, allowing so much heat (Especially whith a non-removable battery. My old phone had a removable battery so i caught it on time when it started swelling. I avoided the risk of it exploding plus i didn't have to replace the whole phone because of this). At least not under normal circumstances (Because too many phones overheat with regular usage and not under a pillow or direct sunlight).
Long story short. My HTC m7 was 9 hours under my pillow with the screen on and it was still plugged in. I woke up grabbed it and oh boy that thing was that HOT that burned my forearm when it made contact with it. Not all phones burn under heat, HTC m7 is one hell of a phone. I might downgrade my current specs to get that beast.
AnonD-218710, 21 Oct 2016Putting under clothes, etc has been standard practice since cell was invented, nothing new, bu... moreRemovable batteries, no water resistence, no fast charging and colder CPUs/GPUs, even if they are less powerful (Nobody really needs more power on their phone. That's not a PC, you won't dig bitcoins or something. Beyond ridiculous).
Phones explode not because they are deffective, but because they are designed that way.
AnonD-146024, 21 Oct 2016GSMA: Perhaps a few more reports of fires and Apple could be facing a similar fate that Samsun... moreLOL, seriously? Hot in october?