Anonymous, 21 Oct 2016Nah, just blame it on apple for using lipos. I've left my nokias and my s3 under cloathes(sock... moreLithium Polymers are fine; if you design your product such that the Lithium Polymer has a reason to catch on fire, then you've got a design flaw. It's no different than if you stuck exposed wires next to a fuel tank in a car.
Lucky he escaped nautral selection who the fuck leaves their phone under a pile of clothes on a hot day
teebookie, 21 Oct 2016Im just waiting on Apple denying this, wait and see what the media will do, they will try and ... morewell, considering company reaction in design problem being,
"You've been holding it wrong" , "you've been charging it wrong", and now with "you've been storing it wrong".
I don't think the company will acknowledge design fault and recalling it even if it explode and took down a plane. They'll merely ask the user to buy the new better one...
Anonymous, 21 Oct 2016Competitor of samsung and apple may sabatosh note 7 and iphone 7And most probably it's google with their pixels... i believe in that since no space for them in the market.
Another theory that there is a haker such as Mr.robot causing the explosion:)
dukaki, 21 Oct 2016Yes, leave a running Li-Po in a car under a bunch of clothes in the summer sun. What could pos... moreNah, just blame it on apple for using lipos. I've left my nokias and my s3 under cloathes(socks) in a shoe in the sun enough extended periods of times to say that it's safe (unless the phone has a shitload of heat absorbing metal ( cRapple engineer "i think i'm going to leave now")).
better charge your devices inside a refrigerator, they are waterproof anyways!
A few of these articles are written as if Samsung developed the first phone to catch on fire. The original iPhone's caught on fire and there wasn't a recall. I'm not expecting a recall with these phones.
such shame, i was actually quite happy with the iPhone 7.
SMH...samsung down, Apple to go...
dukaki, 21 Oct 2016Yes, leave a running Li-Po in a car under a bunch of clothes in the summer sun. What could pos... moreMost Note 7 were reported to catch fire in hot conditions during charging. So, no, same condition. At least 2 Note 7 were reported to catch fire in absolutely identical case - charging in a car.
Note 7, iPhone 7, 7 News. You know what I'm saying?
7 is officially a curse not a lucky number anymore
Heard cases of iPhone explosions weeks ago. Samsung down Apple to go?
judging by the place where you placed the phone, even an iPhone 6 or S7 can burn and explode, if you own a car or a vehicle, you know how that area heats up, or maybe another gate? :3 still not buying iPhones or Notes anyway
No matter WHAT brand, If a device gets to hot it OUGHT to have a self preserving circuitry, so at the very least it stops charging, and/or shuts down. Perhaps some kind of mechanical thermo-fuse so it can cut the connection to the battery completely until the temperature is.within reasonable range again.
Failing to have any self protection is a major design flaw. IMHO
...And I would just love to hear if ANY phones/phablets today have this basic safety?
In the good old days you could just pop the battery out if you were to take a plane or leave the device unattended. But the planned obsolescence from almost all the crooked brands put and end to that... :-(