I started to hate Asus Zenfone! they always announce beautiful, powerful phone, but they deliver only after 1 year. for instance Zenfone 3 deluxe with snapdragon820 and 6gb ram isn't even available at large everywhere and they already plan to announce the successor? this is just a marketing stunt from my point of view
Snapdragon 835 device in January? That's much earlier than most expected, most other flagships were supposed to launch in March on MWC... I still think SD820/1 is much more likely.
JackJones999, 08 Dec 2016Wonder if they will actually ever get around to selling the Zenfone 3 Deluxe in Europe properl... moreI have the Zenfone 3 Deluxe in Austria. although I asked friends to buy it for me in Taiwan. I tell you the price range between the export countries and the production country is huuuge.
Sometimes the difference is more than 200-300USD
Wonder if they will actually ever get around to selling the Zenfone 3 Deluxe in Europe properly? No problems with the phone, other than the minor detail it has taken so long to not arrive they might as well not bother now, whatever the price and over priced it sure is too.
Anonymous, 07 Dec 2016The ZenFone 3 clearly flopped simply because Asus tried to overprice it in most markets (IN, M... moreI Really Agree With Your Opinion Here In Philippines ASUS Zenfone Is Not Well Known Brand Of phone Since We Have Our Very Own MyPhone Which PH Made Others Are Cherry Mobile (FLARE S)/Cloudfone/ZH&K Etc. Zenfone/Asus Cost Most Raging From Php 3,000+ To Maximum Php10,000+ Which Is Converted In $ It Would Be 400$ To 500$ -_- I Really Hope That I Can Buy One As I Am An Technical Support Representative For Phone Specially Coverage Cases And Programing Issue I Really Love phones
So Samsung will announce more products that it will not ship for 6-8 months and when it ships them, they are outdated, over-priced and hard to find (Zenfone 3, anyone?).
How many $$$ did the marketing cadets at Asus blow in coming up with the term "Zennovation?" A couple hundred grand US?
yes now they will zennovate a new kind of mobiles with no antenna lines at all wouldn't that be great ? i mean you don't need price fluid interface or great camera but you do need to lose the antenna lines zennovate baby
Looks Like Human Eye to Me, Maybe It'll have some Iris Recog Tech, I hope it's a good one.
Anonymous, 07 Dec 2016The ZenFone 3 clearly flopped simply because Asus tried to overprice it in most markets (IN, M... moreLOLZ!!
So ASUS' next "zennovation" will be cheaper phones but more bloatwares OR more expensive phones
Aplusk, 07 Dec 2016I bought zenfone 3 max and sold it, phone looked fantastic like redmi note 3 but its screen wa... moreI also own a Zenfone Max and pretty much it does everything well for me. Obviously I'm not expecting an iPhone-like performance, so it certainly does everything really good for its price. But here are the major flaws I'm disappointed with:
1. Glass isn't as durable as Gorilla Glass 4 should be. At a waist / pocket height when I dropped my phone face down and it quickly shattered all over the entire screen. Good that it still works, but still shouldn't happen at all.
2. Asus lacks so much service center in my country. I mean wth I want my screen to be replaced but I can't find anywhere near my place an Asus Service Center for Zenfone devices (I live in the Philippines btw). I went on PC Express where Asus located me to the nearest, and when I went there, they told me that there's no Asus Zenfone Service Center there. Come on Asus, improve your marketing and I'd consider myself a proud Zenfone user.
3. Charging time takes too long. Now I know that it's due to the large battery, but at least it could've supported Quick Charging, but Asus gave me a crap 1V charger that takes 4-5 hrs to fully charge my phone. I once had a thought of replacing it with a Samsung phone, but I'd definitely miss the tremendous battery lifespan of this device. I can only consider phones that is in the price range of the Galaxy J5 and J7.
4. Music Player has issues after Marshmallow update. I've been experiencing super laggy interface when scrolling through the Song list. It's so freaking laggy that it almost won't move at all. Asus told me that they're going to solve it with an update but I'm still waiting for it.
5. Performance is simply not as good as the likes of the J5. I mean almost all basic apps of the J5 opens faster than my Zenfone Max given the same processor, with only games opening quicker, and having better multitasking because of the 2GB RAM. Overall it's smooth and doesn't really warm up, but software still needs to be polished and optimized.
With all of what I've said, an idiot would obviously say that I'm an Asus hater just because I encountered these problems. Actually I like Asus because of the unique design (except the new Zenfone 3 series) and great value for money. And the fact that I've had the Marshmallow update faster than my Samsung J5, J7, and J3 2016 users did just makes me feel that I will be supported for the next 2 years, not worrying about being outdated with OS. If you can suggest one to replace my screen, I'd love to
I bought zenfone 3 max and sold it, phone looked fantastic like redmi note 3 but its screen was not good, i mean long use of screen makes eyes tired. It doesnt has gorilla glass. I also have zen max old model, i use it for long time and my eyes remain uneffected, but on zen 3 max i tried to lower screen brightness but its of no use, also it has mediatek processor which was not optimized well. Better model is zen 3 laser but its bit costly right now.
I extremely love the word "NOVATION". So looking forward for the event. I hope that in a way it will be huge such as the one of the Xiaomi, with the Mi Mix. And so with that it will force Samsung, LG, etc. To raise the bar of technology even higher for the S8 & G6. Because the more competition the more better for us customers. So let's hope that Asus will launch a true innovative and powerhouse flagship