Herodroid, 22 Dec 2016Thats why google wants to push their cloud services.Cloud storage for a phone is only good if you have a large monthly data allowance, 5 GB or so. I have 1GB a month so I'd rather store stuff on my phone or SD card.
Lead2XL, 22 Dec 2016Offering a 32GB phone in late 2016 with no SD card slot is a joke. I wouldn't pay $300 for thi... moreI thought that too which is why I went for the 128gb. But with their unlimited cloud service I've found that I don't really need that much space. All my music is streamed and all my videos and pictures are backed up in the cloud. Unless you live in a country with crap internet service there isn't a need for the space.
are you wasting your time telling us for 25 dollars discount...!;(#&&£(£
ipixel getting a discount over the christmas season??
is this some kind of apple joke? they should have kept selling at a premium so that those android losers cannot go buy this wonderfully made phone.
to date, google has been good at copying the great apple designs, their only saving grace was they had the headphone jack.other than that, what else are they good for??? offering sub-standard hardware phone at apple prices.
only apple phone can command premium price, google should just stick with cheaply made phones at a cheap price and stop copying apple.
the ipixel should have kept its premium price. shame on you apple for lowering your standards just to grab a few bucks.
Those Pixels aren't selling for s***. Can't wait to grab one for 400$ in a few months.
I'm not American but this price is insanely high.
Pixel should be max from start 500$ (I'll be generous because Christmas)
XL should be max from start at 600$ (again very generous).
Not generous price (base model only):
To many thing is wrong with this phone from design to feature and price
Never saw one single pixel phone in nyones hand...not a single one.. samsungs are there I phones. Sony even mi phones but no pixel at all till now
soon to cost 300 like all the google phones after the first 6 months of their release.
Offering a 32GB phone in late 2016 with no SD card slot is a joke. I wouldn't pay $300 for this phone, let alone $600. The minimum should be 64GB if no SD card slot available.
The Pixel should've been no more than $499
The Pixel XL no more than $599
- It would sell like hot cakes. But they got greedy and did a slick move, came out with 32gig version and then jumped right to 128gig, that was weak like Apple does, gotta call it like i see it!! Only to make people buy the more expensive version when 64gig would be perfect for most.
- Ugly big bezels (and they put the fingerprint on the back with all that space in the front???)
- 32GB storage with no sdcard option (fail)
- Mono speaker (why not do the same Apple did, HTC did, Motorola did and put a speaker on the bottom and one on the top?)
- No waterproof
- No wireless charge
- No removable battery (still have options in the market who has that like the V20)
- No IR blaster (G5 has it, Honor8 has it, V10 and V20 have it)
The only big thing it has going for it is a pretty good camera and android updates, the rest is nothing special.
if i bought a 600 usd phone, forget having christmas, and the next christmas too. Id be broke.
Anonymous, 22 Dec 2016Pixel could have been a hit if it was priced like the Nexus 6P for 500$Nexus 6P has front stereo speakers !
these pixel phones are useless and very common
I won't use Google Pixel phone even if was given free !
I won't buy Google phone even will be price under 100$ !
that "mistake" with Android update which make Huawei Nexus 6P to not function normal WAS A BIG offense for Huawei users !
Google was mad on Huawei not making pixel phones, and to see that Nexus 6P is selling more better than google pixel phones, and after that... two mistakes
- first to not charge Nexus 6P over 60%
- second to not use Nexus 6P without charge cable connected
this is just bullshit