galaxys6owner, 27 Dec 2016Well one thing they do is include 64GB as the base storage.32 GB is too limiting for meThe words limiting and Sony just go together like a PB&J sandwich lol
Aslam Qureshi, 27 Dec 2016Agree. Sony never lags. Good display, good processors, good camera.Good but never great, that's the difference between them and the top dogs like Samsung, Google and Apple. No reviewers even picked a single Sony phone as the best in any singular category lol
pmdpaula, 26 Dec 2016No audio-jack nor home-button meens no S8 for me.You and your money will be sorely missed...NOT!
Anonymous, 27 Dec 2016I'm not sure how smoothly sony phones run but one thing is for sure: they generate a lot of heat.The best thing is they won't explode
galaxys6owner, 27 Dec 2016Well one thing they do is include 64GB as the base storage.32 GB is too limiting for meHave you heard about SD card??
Alien , 27 Dec 2016Shamesung doesn't care about it's customers. Fanboys never got this cos they are too blind to ... moreHeart rate monitor dosent drain battery and performance.They are ony active when you open the Heart rate monitor part of S health app.I find them quite useful
Unlock bootloader is a easy actually but samsung/google discourage such behavior because anybody can easily lift your credit card details/Payment information etc on a bootloader unlocked device
Wow HD 700 but then,have you heard about external amps?
yce, 27 Dec 2016so very true including:
z3+, z5c, xc, xa, xa ultra!
me and my friends can confirm!
sony is best!Sony is not the best,APPLE iphone and samsung are.
Apple have caught up to every other android manufacturer
Well they might seem the most boring update with same design and no 3.5 mm jack
But they added IP67 rating,stereo speakers and got rid of the 16GB base variant.
Samsung is the only android smartphone manufacturer that might overcome the competition from Chinese Phone makers.
HTC is becoming a ODM(makes smartphone for other companies)
Sony might follow suit
Aslam Qureshi, 27 Dec 2016Agree. Sony never lags. Good display, good processors, good camera.Well one thing they do is include 64GB as the base storage.32 GB is too limiting for me
Anonymous, 27 Dec 2016Man it is Sony. Sony never lag.Because they kill of every app in the background,making it a suck at multitasking
Lajan, 27 Dec 2016I dont get Samsung why they up ram instead get rid that sick touchwiz They are targeting Non tech savvy audiences too,The ones who will buy a device from a respectable manufacturer rather have considerable amount of service centers and support.Well those users also perceive a device with more specs are better(from a reputable brand of course).And samsung is trying to offset the losses from the note devices so they might come up with 8GB of RAM.But in my opinion they might stick with 6GB of RAM,so that they can sell devices for one more year with 'MORE RAM THE BETTER' craze thats going on now
Dr. A Cula, 27 Dec 2016That's more than my 2 year old laptop... I wonder if in a couple of a years, we'll be able to ... moreWell no actually Crysis 3 can even make Nvidia GTX 1080 if you dou thousand barrel explosion,plus it requires a lot of power to run the game and 3000-5000 mAH batteries will be depleted in like 10 minutes and it alogenerates a lot of heat too
Alien , 27 Dec 2016Shamesung doesn't care about it's customers. Fanboys never got this cos they are too blind to ... moreTo your points:
1) Touchw*z is trash
2) No way it will have 8GB of RAM. Samsung left the spec race years ago. One could dream though.
3) Actually expect things to get even worse. With the death of Cyanogenmod 90% of enthusiast activity will die down. Androids have almost completed their transformation to iPhone lites.
4-5) Nothing to argue here. Related to point-1
6) That's people not taking care of their phones, I have actually found Samsung screens to be more reliable in the long run. It is one of the places they actually excel (and possibly the only reason to buy Samsung).
7) Agreed. Apple copying is one of the worse qualities of Samsung, it only lost them sales. It will lose them sales yet again.
8) There are conflicting rumours there. If those sizes are true it would mean smaller bezels, so the devices won't actually be bigger. It would be ground breaking and probably the first real reason to buy Samsung. Unfortunately they will most possibly go with the boring 5.1 ... I disagree with you here, choosing yet again the same size / size of bezels is actually one more reason to *not* buy Samsung, not the other way around.
Crescendo, 27 Dec 2016No problem with bloatware as long as user can disable it....
The ULTIMATE PROBLEM is samsung ... moreShamesung doesn't care about it's customers. Fanboys never got this cos they are too blind to see it.
What sammy wants is for you to buy their devices every 6 months or so. They don't care you bought their flagship 2 years ago..
I'm not a hater but I'm gonna say what I don't like:
- TouchWiz - the main reason I say no to sammy
- Poor optimization software - phone lags like crazy after just a few months of usage and requires hard reset very often - no wonder they add 8GB RAM
- Very difficult to unlock the bootloader and to root the phone
- FULL of bloatware apps without the disable option
- too many useless features like heart rate monitor which drains the battery and performance
- Almost everyone I know with a Samsung phone has the display broken - a real sammy feature it seems
- 3.5 jack: I just bought Senheiser HD700 headphones!
- And the last one: it seems the S8 will have 5.7 and 6.2 displays. Dude! That is HUGE! I don't have giant hands man! Anything above 5" - 5.2" is a NO NO for me. I don't care what screen to body ratio it has. It's too damn big!
Change all of that and you'll have a new client. Till then I'll choose Sony or HTC.
If you own an android phone without root, you're just another iPhone user..
Anonymous, 27 Dec 2016Future-proofing?How about now-proofing?
Most don't even know what optimization is and/or how hard it is to come by... they mistake iPhone 7's freezing of the background apps as optimization, and UI smoothness as "performance".
They *still* do things a million times slower than with OnePlus 3/3T but they don't care since they never used that phone. Yet in all tests app-launch / ram-retention tests the oneplus is ahead of everything else and almost matches the iPhone 7 despite it (the iphone) only loading half the information (no real back grounding with most apps).
Ram amount is damn near miraculous in the effect it has to day to day performance. Yet people still in denial in trying to justify their phone selection. 3GB is not enough, never will be, in fact it makes OnePlus look like a phone from the future, yet people wI'll still leave in denial.
IF you want to make an android phone / Linux machine faster add more period! Ram caching does the rest. Windows users would not understand because windows does not do much of it, to them ram is about "productive software". Ram is in fact for everything you may use it. In the case of android is indescribably smoothness and responsiveness... peace.
Aslam Qureshi, 27 Dec 2016Agree. Sony never lags. Good display, good processors, good camera.so very true including:
z3+, z5c, xc, xa, xa ultra!
me and my friends can confirm!
sony is best!
Anonymous, 26 Dec 2016Not only RAM amount, but more RAM Management. In this Second round, iPhone 7 with 2GB is bette... moreIPhone 7 freezes most of the background apps. That's not efficiency, that's cheating. It means that only very few apps can run on the background, mostly services in fact. It means (for example) that you cannot have a website loaD in the background ... etc... fail
OnePlus 3T is almost as fast without cheating.
Anonymous, 27 Dec 2016Man it is Sony. Sony never lag.Agree. Sony never lags. Good display, good processors, good camera.
With 8gb ram, expect samsung to work normal. They r useless then this size of ram. Other then ads, nothing good in their armoury. Best of luck.