This is a nice camera with phone features.
please don't create a heaters community every where.if you like your phone just brag of it don't show badNess on other.i used all the phone(except iphone and blackberries) starting with s40of Nokia to ngaze desire jet wave and now using n900 and galaxy 3. both android and meemo are good for me i don't want to compare then.they are individually good in there way.i don't really like the thing that people who like there phones will sit to themselves ex in n900 comments android fans and iphone fans come shooting at anything even when they don't know the os itself.same thing in galaxy 3 comments it filled with Samsung haters especially optimus bragers.
all i wanna say is don't compare unless you use it.and compare properly not like if you like something its the best
well finally few for this phone well i shall surely buy it if its cheaper then n900 else i just boot my n900 with this os.hope meego go better then the previous version of meemo.and Nokia really need to stick on this os don't leave behind if it won't get blast start it will get going but will take some time. like the great old symbian it will be taken up by other companies too.
Personally, Maemo is the best Os for smartphone and the N900 is one of the best smartphone made.
I hope Meego would keep quality, development and liberty than the Maemo.
Megalord, 22 Jan 2011I take it that when one claim they got the best equipment on hand, they mean the best, not the... moreWhat about back up and customer support availability for just that. Oh if it doesnt work i can ship that back to them. You have lots of time on your hands for that and millions if not billions of others too. That is the biggest factor when buying a phone and the biggest deter for lots. But you knew that already didnt you? Cos you're smart i guess. Im just too stupid that is why i didnt think of the above factor but you're smart and that is why you thought of that before you posted your comment. Sorry we're not worthy of your holy presence. Btw, you think i dont know these aspects you talk about or consider them for that matter? That is my job and people like me are bred to think like that. I wouldnt expect alot of people to but you're smart...you know it all and have experienced it all too!
N9 will be the king of smartphones.
All android amd ios phone are maid in front of nokia.
MWC WILL BE A NOKIA EVENT.
al, 22 Jan 2011android lol, nothing special without the application, samsung s with 5mp camera no flash, ( N8... moreOh? How does the 3x optical zoom, xenon flash camera system on the altek Leo sound like? Oh btw, it's 14mp if you are comparing pixels
Mac, 22 Jan 2011My statement is based on global availability smarty. That phone isnt available everywhere so i... moreI take it that when one claim they got the best equipment on hand, they mean the best, not the best based on screen size, price, availability, location, country of production... You name it. In the world we live in today, it's as easy to order a nexus s through freight as it is to ship an XPPhone over. Infact ITG would ship it as long as the customer pays. So much about availability huh?
[deleted post]Oh really? Unfortunately you don't really know that I have more properties or cars than I have phones. So who should I see regarding this? Btw, who are you to make such comments? Just because you don't use as many phones as I do you regard that an illness? If I have more money in my bank than yours would you say the same thing too?
Megalord, 22 Jan 2011I beg to differ. The N900 is far away from what the XPPhone can offer. If the N900 is consider... moreMy statement is based on global availability smarty. That phone isnt available everywhere so it cannot be considered here. Not every country received it and ever will. You may be right nevertheless so no arguement on that aspect.
android lol, nothing special without the application, samsung s with 5mp camera no flash, ( N8 Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, Xenon flash) lol
Anonymous, 22 Jan 2011
I'll reply point by point:
Price: Thats true but, problem is that there isnt a Nokia phon... morecheap plastic materials (Except N8)
GPS: Ovi better than Google ??!! ....
--Google maps is availiable for Symbian
but is there any other Nokia phone with good camera ?
--Almost every Nokia has better camera than it's counterpants on the same price. Check Gsmarena database. Flash is in most of them too.
--Nokia has that. Years now.
community for android
--You think Adroid has a community? Check for Nokia through the net..
--Is a problem that exists because of updates (newer version compatibility) and the UI that overlays Adroid. Nothink to do with screen analysis.
Customization, apps and Dev community, are Nokia's bread and butter. It is proven through all these years. As i've said check the net. There is huge support for Nokia.
Anonymous, 22 Jan 2011
I'll reply point by point:
Price: Thats true but, problem is that there isnt a Nokia phon... more>Nokia phones are made up very good material..!!! Try breaking them...it's not easy..!!! >'I' would consider ovi maps better coz ovi shows name of 'my' area....'my' street, but google maps does not..!! N offcourse i havent tried maps of whole world....;) and i live in INDIA not FINLAND....!!! So 'I' would cosider ovi maps better.... :) >well....u have N86 and N95 as ahead of thier times cameraphones! >form factor isnt abou how many qwert sliders or how may bars....it's about how many types....bars,clamshells,sliders,swivels,dual sliders,triple sliders,clamshell swivels,full touch, bar qwerty,slide qwerty!! :) >costumization....well symbian is totaly costumizable....as android..!! Even more is coming soon....by even more than android..!! :)
>Symbian has all the necessary apps...just not thoose craps as fart apps...!! :) :)
Anonymous, 22 Jan 2011N8 the perfect smartphone?? What a joke!!!
Why are u bashing at android by saying it cop... more1. You can bark and come up with all the excuses in the world but the fact is that there is a 46 page document providing evidence that google has comtravened 43 patent infringements by using the java source files in android. The certificates were just changed which is evidence enough that they willingly used it without permission. I dont care what you blurt out. Let things unfold and we shall see how they play out.
2. Who cares about your 100000 apps. Most of the apps are the same. You get like 500 fart apps that maybe sound different. You call that choice? LOL! Keep your app store. I hardly ever would even download much from the app store but just what i need. Ovi has all those that i need and that is all i need it for.
3. N8 lags? Well thats news. I have my phone for over 2 months now and it works just fine. Multi tasking with apps up to 25 open is still just fine. Thats a bit of an overkill but i tested it like many others and it is fine. The most i need is like maybe 8 apps running at any one time in normal use and it doesnt lag! Multi tasking is a breeze. Now i have seen many android phones and i've seen them lag and freeze. All that power and it still freezes. Why dont we even talk about the battery power too. What, charge it like 2 or 3 times a day is fine for you? Google it and find out. You want to bash then lets get to it then. Dont pass judgement when there are millions using this with no lagging. Your thoughts are based on hear say and what you read. Most of those read are haters too.
3. The camera interface is just fine. It has its functionality like others and better. You believe 'phone arenas' comments? They are haters just like you. That is a known fact along with engadget too. Their review was so one sided that it is rather a joke. They maybe should have rather just left it out all together. You want to start the quotes too? We can do this dance but whats the use? It would be in through one ear and out the other. Maybe thats because it is so roomy and nothing inside that thick skull in the 1st place. Yes the ui is old look but it ends there with that aspect. The changes are under the hood where it counts. You see, change has to be in steps and not drastic (kaizen) as you dont want to lose interest from the broad base of people. Buy in has to be achieved (kotter) and hence that was nokias strategy and they weren't just shooting in the dark because of people like you crying 'oh its so old and ancient'. They are smart and market leaders not for nothing. The landslide was happening but the changes had to be as it is to be effective in strategy. The slide will stop sooner than you think. The n8 was brought to market with a purpose and has done well at it. As for the browser, well the work on the new one was already being done before the n8 was even released. They knew it was a sour point already and was working on it. The new browser is coming. It is much like the maemo browser which arguably better than most others in the market and way faster than before. So wait for it as it has been an official statement from nokia on features and pending release for nokia phones. By the way gsma are very true and the most trusted site for reviews so yes they are right. ^3 is behind android and ios but not for long. Earlier comments should have cleared that up by now for you. The changes are coming in steps.
4. Thick skulled again. Out of the box functionallity means what? What do i need to make it work that it doesnt already have. I didnt need anything when i got going. It has everything and more. The only bs here is the stuff youre dribbling.
5. KIRFS. On that subject! Well its not just nokia. Even the iphone has one....running none other than symbian! You went to phone arena to copy and paste. They do those kirfs all the time. Every phone lately has a china clone. Go do some research.
Lastly, before you post 1stly do some research and secondly post the full stories and not what you just want us only to see. People like you are stirring and misleading others and hence a new troll is born after listening to your facade or of lies and deceit. Grow up please.
Anonymous, 22 Jan 2011N8 the perfect smartphone?? What a joke!!!
Why are u bashing at android by saying it cop... more"Why are u bashing at android by saying it copied oracle files. Android doesnt use those files in any of its shipped smartphones, they were test files. Also the files werent copied, the infringing files were found in a compressed archive in a third-party component supplied by SONiVOX, a member of Google's Open Handset Alliance (OHA). It was uploaded by testing bot."
I'm sure Oracles press charges for no reason. As i'm sure that you know it all about the case. (sarcasm)
"And whats wrong with extra apps. U r just jealous coz symbian doesnt have 100000 apps. Many apps give u a much better range, there are many apps to choose from!!!!"
Applications you've said? Search for applications for Nokia. You'll be lost. Fact they aren't in a single store doesn't say much.
"Dont forget 1 in 5 phones labelled "Nokia" are cheap chinese dupes!!!"
The article you reffer to, was about Chinese copies like Nokla. Do you suggest that Nokia count them as sales of their own?
Megalord, 22 Jan 2011As far as i can observe, Nokia is only No.1 in GSMARENA for one thing: Blind worshippers.
I... morecheck my previous posts if you wanna know.
Now more than enough has been said.can't keep repeating,check 10 reasons already posted.
if you buy this phone 500 Euro , next day if you like to sell it , if you are lucky u can sell it for 200 Euro .
Today 95% like to have phone with ANDROID OS .
my opinion for Meego :
looks better than Symbian but thats all . ANDROID is KING and 2nd is WP7 .
I read somewhere that a guy who worked both for Apple(was the Apple CEO before Jobs) and Microsoft said this:
At Microsoft, in a meeting, when engineers entered the room everybody kept quiet. At Apple, when the designers(which were reporting directly to Jobs) entered the room everybody was quiet.
Seeing the picture of this phone I come to think that Nokia has no designers. I saw a N900 at a colleague. What a dark and dusty looking phone!
Say what you want, but iPhone and Samsung Salaxy S are beautiful phones, and we need beautiful things in our lifes. When I hear someone saying "we do not need eye candy" I remember the communist era when there were no beautiful things around(eye candy), and what a sad time the communist era was! Nokia and it's phones belong to a communist society. Their phones are needed by people who cannot afford a 3G data plan, their friends and family do not have Facebook accounts so they need a TV to see some 3:4 format pictures, they have low internet connection so they need to transfer data via UBS sticks, and so on.
Anonymous, 22 Jan 201110 reasons why Symbian is better than Android
nokia is best and king about the fail and de... more
I'll reply point by point:
Price: Thats true but, problem is that there isnt a Nokia phone with
better hardware features than Android.
Nokia phones are cheap because they are mostly made of
cheap plastic materials (Except N8).
GPS: Ovi better than Google ??!! Thats a big joke
....Google provides best map service with accuracy and
updates. Oh dont forget about street view and 3D
building. And for working offline, there are so many
options for downloading maps in appstore....most of the
Camera: Many mobiles have dedicated camera shutters, and
i dont care even if there isnt. Camera wise N8 has the
best camera I agree but is there any other Nokia phone
with good camera ?
Battery Life: I completely agree and accept it.
Data Plan: I live in a country where all android phone
come without a plan i.e. unlocked
Formfactor: Actually its where android wins not
nokia....Android has 25 slide phones (Do advanced search
in gsmarena) while Nokia have only bar formfactor
in symbian 3. Pls dont mention s60, its way too crappy
& outdated and not going to be updated to symbian 3.
Support: If manufacturers dont do that theres a huge dev
community for android to do that.
Fragmentation: It can usually be overcome by buying a
HVGA phone which is compatible with all apps.
one can buy a WVGA phone to ensure future compatibility.
Privacy: Storing info is something which all websites
do. Every second u log on to web, info is constantly
being leeched. U can count that as an advantage for
symbian if u want to be locked offline forever
Noe if i start pointing out asvantages of android, it
will be a loooong list, and i dont have time for that so
i'll mention 3 most important advantages of android over
1. Customization: Android provides largest customization
options than any other OS. The software runs smooth as
silk even with lots of apps in background
2. APPS : Apps are the blood of an OS and android has
100000 of them, with largest rate of increase. It has
highest free to paid ratio compared to any other OS!!!
3. Dev Community: Android has largest dev community. android being open source, u can do any thing with the OS. Devs play a big role in customization and rooting to increase performance.