Mitafa, 11 Jan 2017I was waiting to buy G6 but if the display size is 5.7 Im not gonna buy it! It will be huge ph... moreNo it won't be huge. Actually this display panel is equal to a 5.2" display in width but it is longer that's why digonal is 5.7". Hopefully LG will bring its bezel magic.
Tourettes Guy, 10 Jan 2017How about no?
1. AMOLEDs are still having ugly yel... moreExactly. How about no.
1.All screens lcd or Amoled have either yellow or blueish whites in their default modes or the obit mode they come with out of box. It's called white balance. It's a calibration that each screen has set slightly different.
Most are tuned a little bluish.
However samsung and some others give the option to adjust that and samsung's Amoled displays are usually within just a couple hundred points of the 6500 mark. Where as some has been around 7000 and lg had a very blue white at 8000.
2. Sorry disproven by a real expect to be nearly the exact opposite. So your self proclaimed fan rant is useless.
3. Um no. They don't get as dark. Especially at higher brightness. There is still definitely a difference. And not every lcd is cheaper than an Amoled. You are really bad at making sense.
How about this. Some lcd have a very yellow tint but only a little worse so it's not worth getting when you can get an Amoled cheaper.....
4. Power efficiency is power efficiency. You can try and degrade and side track that all you want but the fact of the matter is samsung can have a brighter larger and higher resolution screen and it will still use less power than a smaller dimmer lower resolution lcd. So eat it.
And no. Amoled is not limited to 2 sub pixels while lcd has 3. Pentile displays whether Amoled or lcd have 2 sub pixels.
And sorry but pentile does not make it bad quality. Especially...not only because of...but especially at 2.5K QHD.
Anything less than 30 ish sub pixels is considered pentile on a TV for instance.
Anonymous, 11 Jan 2017Um....dont doesn't have large bezels. They have front facing stereo speakers. And you're com... moreLowest body to screen ration from any flsgship that I know. Motorola had front facing speakers without (any) huge bezels. Also it's a terrible trade anyway. You always pocket or transfer your phone, make it too big would always affect it negatively, having slightly better sound won't always help it though, mostly because it's not that often to listen from the speaker in a way that matters... I guess if you are an audiophile ... For the rest: no,no, no
Anonymous, 11 Jan 2017Sony's big bezels, low battery and low ram always kill their phones. Flagship prices for mid r... moreUm....dont doesn't have large bezels. They have front facing stereo speakers.
And you're company lg as way ahead of Sony in battery life??
Let's hope their claims on brightness, reflectance and all that and maybe power consumption are not direct lies this time.
RIP LG. The most successful manufacturers release 4.7 - 5.2 inch devices measuring no more than 70 mm wide along with their 5.5 - 5.7 flagships for a reason, yet they come with one big size 5.7 like the V series, risk of bootloop, weird aspect ratio to create black bars when watching videos and got rid of the non removable battery too, Lol. LG's motto : let's "fix" what isn't broken.
LG loves to make its phone unusual to attract customers, to bad it does the opposite instead. LOL
AnonD-631081, 11 Jan 2017Legit question: Why call it 18:9, instead of 2:1? Is there a significance to this?Sometimes smart person like to make thing complicated and show it look cool because it complicated wkwkwkwkwk
JR, 11 Jan 2017The G5 screen burns in..... yes!! i am facing this issue with g5 since start... +camera resolution... lg g5 sux.. i will move to oneplu 3
G6 must be a monster to beat this year's flagships. I'm looking forward to a bezel-less screen, tons of storage and a huge battery.
AnonD-523334, 11 Jan 2017I know everything you said eg. Two subpixel etc and I already said that an LCD is sharper than... moreI agree with that. Blueish light is not healthy for reading. And it causes sleep_disorder. I've seen many xperia reviews in this sites, the reviewers said that xperia screens are blueish.
I was waiting to buy G6 but if the display size is 5.7 Im not gonna buy it! It will be huge phone and not everybody wants that! Its ffffff tablet at this size!
JR, 11 Jan 2017The G5 screen burns in..... No, G5's screen doesn't burn in.
Tourettes Guy, 10 Jan 2017How about no?
1. AMOLEDs are still having ugly yel... moreI know everything you said eg. Two subpixel etc and I already said that an LCD is sharper than AMOLED of same resolution so you arguing that g4 is sharper than S7E is meaningless. And you said AMOLED are yellow, no, actually your LCDs are blue and you are addicted to those. it is a very old trick to add blue in white to look it "whiter". and if I assume you are correct even in that case, 99.99% people don't care about that little yellow. Actually many people make it yellow intentionally as "reading mode".
Most important thing is AMOLEDs benefits are much more than their flaws. And lastly your solution CLEDIS don't think will cost in the same ballpark as regular LCDs and AMOLEDs.
Legit question: Why call it 18:9, instead of 2:1? Is there a significance to this?
i think 16:9 is already very good. please don't change it. 18 will be too long, and many apps will not work correctly, thus makes android fragmentation bigger, it's a disaster for a developer. please, just 16:9
18:9 is just a cheap way of saying "i give you 16:9 with those stupid onscreen buttons finally given their own space on the screen so they don't have to hide/take up precious screen estate"
This is just playing catch up to those phones with physical buttons. Who will ever create content for 18:9 just for LG anyway?
Nevertheless, it's good news for those who swears by their onscreen buttons