AnonD-510098, 12 Jan 2017So why did they stop then? To lose sales? lmaoG3 has small bezels , G4 has small bezels, who said they have stopped .
DM, 12 Jan 2017After I droped Samsung S5 for LG G4 I never looked back. Right now I cant wait to get my hands... moreSame here , with note 7 failure , im forced to by LG V10 as it is much cheeper in market now and i was not willing to spend much and to wait for next note series. But i was totally blown away with LG V10 , a master piece . LG should do better marketing . I feels like Samsungs phone are like pathetic after using LG V10 . Its silky smooth and yet to experience as a single lag on it. Awesome camera to add up. Waiting for to see what LG going to come up with G6
AnonD-119751, 12 Jan 2017Lol. Idea of small bezels initialised by LG with G2 , rest all followed it. So why did they stop then? To lose sales? lmao
AnonD-510098, 12 Jan 2017Finally, small bezels from LGLol. Idea of small bezels initialised by LG with G2 , rest all followed it.
Lex79, 12 Jan 2017Bit disappointed when. I saw the size and specs of that screen, I don't think we the need 'mor... moreNo, it will be smaller. It is going to be narrower than G5 but taller. that screen is as wide as a 5.2" display. It is going to be divided virtually into two parts and will be driven by two controllers, one part will be 1440×2560 5.2" and another will be secondary screen like v20 but bigger at 3c with 320 ×1440 resolution.
V20 had a secondary screen of 160×1040.
Maybe LG will make all screen usable but that 320p part will remain always on. That's the best idea because a longer screen will allow on screen navigation without loss of space and also great for movie watching
AnonD-523334, 12 Jan 2017Wrong. Most prefer AMOLED, some like IPS....You cant tell that, because you dont know the number of people that do one over the other.... your comment is totally invalid. Oh btw, not all amoled displays are great, most of them are terribly innacurate, low brightenss levels, etc. Same goes for IPS, with the addition of terrible contrast also present. There are excellent OLED and IPS displays, but they are rare.
Anonymous, 12 Jan 2017Some prefer amoled, some like ips ...Wrong. Most prefer AMOLED, some like IPS....
I don't care about the brand, I don't care about who make it, but somebody should make a phone with these specs:
This is the perfect phone (but it does not exist):
- removable battery and removable back cover (most important)
Thanks to the removable back cover, you can replace the battery to a bigger, higher capacity extended battery. That's why you can't find any extended battery for LG G5. And that's why ZeroLemon announced that they will release a 10 000mAh extended battery for LG V20.
- plastic body
- flat screen (NO curves)
- some bezels all around the screen (the bezels are important, they make the phone usable by avoiding accidental touch at the edge of the screen when the phone is in your hand, plus the bezels protect better the screen when you drop the phone or place it face down)
- at least Snapdragon 820 CPU or better
- at least 4 GB RAM
- heat pipe cooling for the CPU/GPU to reduce overheating and throttling
- f1.8 or brighter camera aperture
- single camera (NO dual) with good low light performance
- good OIS and EIS (V20 has horrible EIS, the SteadyShot) (all LG phones have bad OIS, they have "wobble / jello effect" when recording video)
- full featured manual video and photo modes (like in V10 and V20 phones), also it should have good auto mode with true to life color reproduction instead of oversaturated colors
- FM Radio
- IR blaster
- option to manually change the screen resolution and framerate (some phones have it, like Note 7 and LG V20)
In short, I want a phone that has Snapdragon 820 and removable battery.
LG G5 and V20 phones are the closest to be the perfect, but both of them have flaws.
- Both of them have fragile camera glass, but the problem is more serious with V20. The reason why their camera glass is fragile is that they have a big one piece glass instead of small, separated glasses for each camera. As you know, the larger the surface area, the more likely it will break. That's why G5's and V20's camera glasses are fragile. It's a design flaw which affects all devices.
- LG removed many software features from G5 that were present on their older flagship phones like dual window (V10, G4), manual video mode (V10), ... Maybe they will readd these in the Nougat update.
- Unfortunately LG has changed the camera in V20, so it has the worst camera in 2016, especially the low-light performance. Even G5 is better. And we haven't talked about that the auto mode of V20 is useless.
Moreover, I live in Europe, so there is no V20 here.
Unfortunately, according to rumors, LG G6 will be an Apple / Samsung copy fashionphone clone with non-removable battery. This means there will never ever be any flagship phone with removable battery. V20 is the last one in the world.
AnonD-625776, 12 Jan 2017So much hate.. have fun with the zenfone3zoom though, I mean could just get an iPhone 7 plus t... moreIf you smelled hate in my comment. That is your problem ! I like LG G series and V-Series. It is just that LG might step down the game getting rid of modular design and removable battery for its water proofing feature. That is a big turn off for some of the fans like me. What I don't like is the battery capacity of G series. That was what I highlighted about. If mean minds like you turn every comment into hate. It is you who need help. You comparing Asus ZenPhone3Zoom to an Iphone. lol..throw over 800$ for iphone 7 and about 900$ for a iphone 7 plus phone which lacks basic features of independent bluetooth, app customization, NFC, IR. I would think thrice before spending my hard earned money for such a junk which is cool in design but just blow at the features. iphone features can be compared to sharia law. Both are in stone ages and they don't want to step out of the darkness. I will be happy to own Asus Zenphone3Zoom under the price tag of 600$ . A nice PDAF dual camera with OIS and EIS, upto 7.1 high fidelity DTS surround of 7.1 and a monstrous 5000maH battery. I don't care about the processor at this time, because I don't game in smartphones. Good luck, go compare apple and oranges now !!!
I hope LG gets it right this year, the g5 could have been great with a better design so the improvements should be quite simple (if making a phone design was simple) metal body + 2.5D glass and your set
AnonD-444587, 12 Jan 2017LG G2 was the best phone LG createdcorrect
G6, 12 Jan 2017lol...I wonder nobody would like to have a decent battery life for their smartphone? I am pret... moreSo much hate.. have fun with the zenfone3zoom though, I mean could just get an iPhone 7 plus too with the same zoom and better cameras lol but whatever floats your boat
Sony Xperia FOREVER, 12 Jan 2017i hope they don't do the same mistake they've done in the G5Exactly! On the contrary look at moto's implementation of it's modules just snap them on ... Excellent
i hope they don't do the same mistake they've done in the G5
Anonymous, 12 Jan 2017Some prefer amoled, some like ips ...Stone only 'prefer' IPS because it's all they are used to. Truth is, IPS was the best implementation of LCD as the technology improved, but now AMOLED has matured I can no longer think of a single advantage of has anymore.