insomnia, 24 Feb 2011Micro$oft, please stop torturing people with your OS trials. Why, why do you want to make mobi... moreAndroid updates are just as bad and even more problematic, as the have different versions across different phones even from the same manufacturer!
Good news for Nokia...
is this because samsung uses NAND storage instead of flash like others manufactures use?
Shamelessly c&p from another website (neowin). Not tried it as don't have a Samsung WP7 device, but hopefully it might help some other people out of a hole:
Ok i figured out a way to get my Omnia 7 running again after the C101002e restoration error.
Here are the steps i followed. This will probably not work for branded phones. Follow these steps at your own risk!
1. Check if the phone is capable of getting into the 'download mode'. To do this: Turn off the phone (or remove > replace battery), then turn it back on by pressing the power/camera/VolumeUP buttons simultaneously. When the phone turns on, release the power button. If the phone shows the yellow triangle with exclamation and a "download mode" message, your phone is capable of getting into the 'download mode', and you can proceed to step 2.
2. Download the following files (be warned: multiupload.com is loaded with huge ad's/pop-ups)
- Firmware I8700XXJK1 ## 2010 November CSC_Cetus_Europe_I8700XENJK1: http://www.multiupload.com/OGUYF4F3VA (rar-file password: samfirmware.com)
- Samsung WP7 Flash Program: http://www.multiupload.com/3OE4SYAGQA
- Samsung Mobile USB Drivers V5.2: http://www.multiupload.com/GH391NDSY1
- Flash Guide (English): http://www.multiupload.com/FDRJ3WDZQ7
3. Unrar / install downloaded files
4. Make sure the phone is disconnected from computer and turned off
5. Reboot computer for the drivers to complete install.
6. Start Samsung WP7 Flash Program.
7. Turn on the phone in 'download mode' and then connect it to the computer
8. Drag the 4 files from the unpacked firmware rar-file to the Samsung WP7 Flash Program dialog screen. The application will place each file in the correct field.
9. When the phone is recognized you can use the 'Start' button to start the flashing process.DO NOT INTERUPT THIS PROCESS!
10. When the flashing is done (aprox. 15min.) the phone will automatically reboot and show the welcome screen.
Note: For more information about flashing the firmware to your Omnia 7 see the the flash guide you downloaded as well
so, people, who think NokiSoft is behind this "supposedly" sabotage against sammy,
can I also call the purple screens problem of N8/C7 amoleds (bought from Sammy), a sabotage also?
I updated my phone, and still working fine :-D Could it be that maybe some customized ROMs (network dependant) are the source of this issue? BTW I'm on 3 in the UK.
Micro$oft, please stop torturing people with your OS trials. Why, why do you want to make mobile OS, haven't you earned enough already?
[deleted post]samsung are very good in innovation even the worlds first projector phone? but software wise they suck! i had poweful samsung d600,d900 but the fones were just stupid when it comes to software performance and battery. happy with my p1i now.
Right, like I had a car running on standard fossil fuel and all the sudden MS decided to upgrade it with some new additive without giving any notices. Now my car isn't running and MS said "oops", so who can I seek for compensation now ?
I still want to drive my car, only now I would stay away from MS fuel.
[deleted post]Lmao you are spot on
Im sure Nokia is behind all this.
As usual, they did not take the needed time to do the testing
If WP7 is closed source, they aren't allowed to customise it, etc. how is this Samsung's fault?
It's silly how people are trying to blame Samsung/Microsoft on this. These two parties are taking responsibility for what is happening by offering new phones for those who got theirs bricked. Distribution errors happen everywhere on technical things.
For those who are insulting Samsung I wonder if they realize that even their nicely branded memory stick is running a Samsung chip inside.
After all Microsoft was said to tightly control the phones that run Weepy 7. They will fix the problem and move on.
I'm on Android so don't think I stand by them because I am one of the users.
The iPhone is an unchallengeable top seller even though it had an antenna problem, why because these things happen. That did not suddenly make it a bad device.
So all of you stop fanboyism and bashing and be constructive.
lol "Samsung" and "updates" should not go together, they are good at making update proof phones
Ignorance must be bliss for those who have the time to read & post here but don't know much about your smartphone esp. OS customization.
Any update on any OS must provide adequate updates to all carrying devices because each model has different customization to the OS.
MS limits these customization to all vendors except Nokia(in the future).
If this update works for HTC and LG customization(who doesn't do much customization for users because they simply don't prefer to challenge)
, the update was simply not ready for all vendors, especially for those vendors that tried hard to beat the limited capability MS offered with the original OS.
Of these hard challenging vendors,
Samsung happens to be "THE ONE" that tries the most. That's it.
i see some ms+nokia conspiracy here, if it is true, the ms will lose bigtime, cause sammy helped it much with its hit phones like i600,i8000,i900,b7610,b7320 etc