It's funny that most 15.6" laptops come in 1080p and then there's this some kind of exclusive phone featuring 4K resolution in its 5+ inches screen
AnonD-643350, 26 Feb 2017What is good with a curved display except wasting the display width and you know that better i... moreBy this comment it's clear that you have not used a phone with curved screen. It's fantastic for notifications with proper software. Unlike the 2nd screen it actually narrows down the phone while adding almost same functionality
Those guys complaining about 4k resolution... For you guys Sony also releasing FHD phones with same specs...
Orson Krennic, 26 Feb 2017You mean the garbage 4K display from the Xperia Z5 Premium? The Galaxy S6 was the first smart... moreWhat is good with a curved display except wasting the display width and you know that better if you own one,there is no use in it cuz you can't touch those ereas with your fingers.
What ever its name is okay, just add 6gig ram, minimum 3500mAh battery, LTE Cat12, Nougat, and great phone is born!
Anonymous, 26 Feb 2017agreed.
i have z5p and compare mom's s7edge side by side, z5p is on par with s7edge display... moreNo it's not true and you've lied.
i've compared my S7 edge's screen with my friend's Z5 premium, the Xperia Z5 premium has a poor sunlight legibility, poor brightness the only thing is better only the resolution.
JordanBaby, 26 Feb 20171. Garbage 4K and Samsung is already going on the same track with the Note 8. Who's the garbag... more1. No no no, not the resolution is the garbage but Xperia Z5 Premium's display is!
2. The multitasking issue already solved with Marshmallow.
3. The Galaxy S6 and Note5 have a better build quality than the Xperia Z5 family, you can feel the difference that Samsung has used Aluminium 7000th grade series metal frame on the Galaxy S6 and Note5, while Xperia Z5 and the Premium have a cheap metal frame.
4. Even the battery life is degraded but it is still better than every Sony's 2016 phones, right?
Orson Krennic, 26 Feb 2017You mean the garbage 4K display from the Xperia Z5 Premium? The Galaxy S6 was the first smart... moreOnly sony managed to tame down sd810 and 4k display in a smartphone is an engineering feat
JordanBaby, 26 Feb 20171. Garbage 4K and Samsung is already going on the same track with the Note 8. Who's the garbag... moreagreed.
i have z5p and compare mom's s7edge side by side, z5p is on par with s7edge display
i play games and i can say that samsung exynos mali gpu cant provide smooth gameplay like LG,Sony and apple.
AnonD-647708, 25 Feb 2017Can't agree with display technology. Sooner or later, LCDs have to be phased out. Sony's displ... moreThank you. Finally a sane comment unlike TT guy. Someone at Sony really needs to read this. Their phones are fantastic but not what the masses need it's like ps4 vs xb1 even if xb1 eventually added features it couldn't surpass ps4 since initially was much better console. They know what masses want but don't know why they gimp on crucial aspects
Orson Krennic, 26 Feb 2017You mean the garbage 4K display from the Xperia Z5 Premium?
The Galaxy S6 was the first smart... more1. Garbage 4K and Samsung is already going on the same track with the Note 8. Who's the garbage now?
2. They used better hardware and at the same time, a worse software. How funny is that the Z5 Premium on Lollipop with 3GB of RAM smashed the Note 5 on Lollipop with 4GB of RAM in multitasking? Gaming, do I even have to mention that garbage Mali GPU that Samsung is loyal with?
3. Oh, is that why Samsung phones started looking ugly since then? They already have ugly designs, and I once thought the S6 series and Note 5 will fix it. Sadly it's the opposite, for real. Maybe it's the reason that Samsung gave up in 2015 with waterproofing, because of how inferior they are to Sony.
4. Now I wonder why Sony's Xperia Z3+ already received Nougat while barely a number of S7 and S7 Edge received it already. Even then, S7 and S7 Edge users who have received it already said one thing; worse overall performance. Battery life degraded, and sometimes buggy OS. Z3+ meanwhile had huge improvements like overheating of the SD810 was fixed, no joke. Even Z3+ can record 4K longer than the S7 and S7 Edge, which barely even touches 10 minutes of continuous 4K video before overheating. And yes, no need to pretend that Samsung phones do not overheat, because they do, and once happens is even worse than Sony. And do I have to mention the 2.5M units? No need to bring up the sales record, because it never changes the fact that it happened, and nothing will make it look good or so. In fact, Samsung is not even sure about the batteries of their S8, S8+, and Note 8, that they felt the need of asking Sony to provide their batteries in order to deliver a "decent" quality phone. It's another dark plan of Samsung that when the problem exists again, they can blame Sony that caused the problem, but liars go to hell right?
JordanBaby, 26 Feb 2017And I forgot that Z5 Premium was actually the first ever smartphone with a 4K display. What do... moreYou mean the garbage 4K display from the Xperia Z5 Premium?
The Galaxy S6 was the first smartphone with UFS memory, 14nm processor and their unique and original design so called "the curved edge display" meanwhile Sony has used a garbage SoC and mediocre internal memory on their Z5 family and Z3+, hahahaha.
XZ premium specs or s8 specs.
XZP wins but samsung wins for marketing.
meow, 26 Feb 2017Yes. But apple and probably samsung will be able to utilize the sensor better than sony. It al... moreThe sensor used on xperia are never sold to others... Always exclusive...
So, no slow mo or 4k 60fps on other phones..
meow, 26 Feb 2017Yes. But apple and probably samsung will be able to utilize the sensor better than sony. It al... moreIs Samsung working on poor white balance of s7 auto mode?
Cause it is very bad when you take a pic and colors are fake.
Everything turns out to be too light or yellow-ish...
Grass is green, not yellow green.
Sky is not light blue like X Compact plastic body.
JordanBaby, 26 Feb 2017Never been impressed to see 80+ comments on a Sony page. Well I guess this is what happens whe... moreI've tried the Z2, Z3+ and X "Premium" in a store. Didn't like so didn't buy, never liked Sony's design. And the problem is not supporting Sony, but you people always take it too far. "Sony is best, yet another perfect phone by Sony, other brands suck". Normal, reasonable support is okay, but taking things too far is like asking for "haters" to show up. :D And the usual delusional thing, "paid commentators from competitors", which always cracks me up. Hilarious stuff. And oh damn, if someone happens not to like Sony-phones, some fanboys in here try to make it sound like the worst thing to do!
JordanBaby, 26 Feb 2017Never been impressed to see 80+ comments on a Sony page. Well I guess this is what happens whe... moreNobody care? LOL. ROFL.
So why you always reply to us? dear Tourettes Troll.
Among all sony fans, you are the most caring person. Thank you for all your attentions all this time, mr TT.
Anonymous, 26 Feb 2017Lots of optimism in the article.. its sadYeah.. i know your feeling. It's sad to know that they will fail again with such huge optimism and such huge bezel too. Lol.
AnonD-226698, 25 Feb 2017lol the sensor on that camera will be on the next iphone... as the one in the current iPhone..... moreYes. But apple and probably samsung will be able to utilize the sensor better than sony. It always happen, with the same sensor, competitors can achieve better results.