Anonymous, 23 Mar 2017Ipad is Galaxy Tab A equivalent. Tab A is as cheap as Ipad. This Tab S is Pro.Are you kidding me?
1) iPad has many more tablet optimized apps than any android
2) Better battery than any android tab (11+ hours screen on time)
3) The A9 SoC is truly equivalent to the one Tab S3 is using (SD 820)
4) 2GB of RAM on IOS can store as many apps as 6GB of RAM on android as per the phonebuff and C4etech tests.
So no, it's nothing like that Tab A and in some things it's actually better than Tab S3
The things in which it is worse
1) No real backgrounding still (despite the multi-window support), which is a big minus on tablets
2) Worse screen (AMOLED) *can* produce better colours, easier to look at under the sun
3) Lack of Pen support (a deal breaker for many)
4) Less open in general (inability to use very useful things on tablets like installing full Linux on top if one wants true productivity, no filemanagers)
So depending on the type of use one makes it's a toss between S3 and the new iPad which means that either Samsung has to drop prices (350 pounds at *most*) or suffer defeat... simple as that.
Dara, 23 Mar 2017iPad is sold at almost half the price. I doubt Tab S3 can compete at this circumstance.Ipad is Galaxy Tab A equivalent. Tab A is as cheap as Ipad. This Tab S is Pro.