Call and text message
Make video calls X
Send SMS y
Send MMS rerely
Send/receive email y
Chat on an IM network (Skype, MSN, GTalk, WhatsApp, etc.)
Engage in social networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Share photos and videos online x
Take photos Y
Shoot videos Y
Use special shooting modes (Panorama, Time-lapse, etc.) Y
Listen to music Y
Listen to radio Y(With recording)
Listen to audio books N
Listen to podcasts N
Use music recognition services Y
Watch movies N
Watch online videos (YouTube, etc.) Often
Stream content over DLNA or TV-out (if available)
Enjoy mobile games (rarely)
Web browsing Y
Get info updates (news, sports, weather...) Y
Use as a digital map Y
Use for GPS navigation Y
Organize trip itineraries X
Discover new places of interest: restaurants, cafes, attractions, etc. X
Augment reality with local info apps X
Manage your time with calendars, reminders Y
Use as alarm clock Y
Use the calculator, unit converter, etc. Y
Put down notes or tasks Y
Use as a flashlight Y
Use as a weight-tracker, calorie-counter, exercise logger X
View or edit office documents (only view)
Magazines and newspapers X
Use a mobile internet Y
Use phone for tethering (mobile hotspot) (if available)
Transfer files over Bluetooth Y
smartphone must have:
1. HD camera+ video
2. 2nd camera
3. mini HDMI port
4. USB otg
6. adequate processor and ram + graphic
7. long life battery
8. wifi tethering
1. GPS system
2. document/powerpoint/excel editor/viewer
3. photo/video editor
4. full flash + html5 support
5. productivity tools
6. desktop - phone remote controlling
You guys have alreay covered al the topics...
no room for new ones and BTW, nice concept of yours.
Keep up this good work and we are really excited for the results.
Recordable Voice Tags for phonebook contacts,
Recordable Voice Commands for other phone/extra features.
Keep up the good work.
I personally wish to have 5" screen phone, where its easy to surf the net yet its not a tablet.Dell streak was a good idea but the specs and the design are discouraging.Add that category i believe to some people an i phone is too big.
kovoski, 01 Apr 2011battery and OS are main factthey are asking how do you use your phone! regardless of the OS! Please READ!!!
EdB, 01 Apr 2011Suggestions:
EDIT VIDEOS (With YouTube so popular, more phones offering high quality recordi... moreif u ever say that a smartphone dont need a doc viewer or editor as there's google doc out there...
then why u need a video editor in your phone? oh come on. U also can do it by cloudcomputing. u can use: youtube editor, jumpcut, jaycut etc.
what a april fool joke.
good web browser. Strong make [metalic were possible]. And a gud camera
EDIT VIDEOS (With YouTube so popular, more phones offering high quality recording and 32gb memory cards, more people can both edit & upload right from their mobiles to YouTube w/o using my computer at all
EDIT DOCUMENTS: Some smartphones only show docs, others show and edit. How many actually edit docs on phones when they can easily use Google Docs? Is it an option worth having?
I use my phone mostly for:
Internet Surfing on the go
I make 2-3 calls in a day, around 12 minutes of total talk not more than that. So actually I don't use the primary function of my phone i.e. to make phone calls that much..
Great idea and good web page.
ok the first its a good antena reception and the batery life, and i am a little geek and fan of new tecnology and cameras so, i prefer cellphones with good photo quality and flash xenon and finally the operating system like android or iphone os with a dual core procesor. Thats i consider the most important and there are a few cellphones with this features.
1. I would like to see a category titled "Special Features" or "Unique Features" (whichever works). Why? The Nokia N97 has the capability of reading your sms to you, a pretty neat feature if u happen to be driving [while having your headset connected hopefully :-)] and want to pay more attention to the road than your phone's screen! It also has the capability of saying the caller's name, provided it's saved in your contacts, upon receiving a call; another neat feature that i've never seen on any other mobile phone.
2. I would also like to see another section added to the "Watch" category, i would love to see/know the maximum video playback time the phone's battery can handle. I travel alot, so i tend to use my phone to watch movies and listen to music quite often, hence i will always go for the phone that has the best battery performance and DivX/Xvid support. Standby Time and Talk Time seem to be pretty standard categories but i'm almost sure many people out there, especially the hardcore media entertainment lovers, would love to know what the "Video Playback Time" is as well.
P.S. U guys shud hire me, i know my ideas rock :-)
>> taking photos in low light
>> flash strength & mode
>> loudspeaker performance
>> display size & quality
>> battery life
>> software updates
i use my n8 with mute camera patch to....
-Secretly capture pics of hot girls traveling in train.....in my college campus....in streets.....in college canteen.....so that i can later masterb**e peacefully
I also use my nokia n8 with 3g network to....
-do lots of video calling with my friends.....download more than 3 gb data everyday....just 2 days ago i had completed downloading of all top 250 imdb movies in 720p mp4 format.....not to mention i use FREE 3g data service using server modded opera mini and ucweb
-lots of mms(s) sending.....most of times during on going lectures....you know mmses of hot professor's back side front side etc!
During national/international events in my college i deliberately share my 3g connection using joiku hotspot on campus BUT with default page as bra*zers(dot)c0m....so all can enjoy that site while in attempt to open site for 1st time...
I dont have any mirror in my room......i only use n8's front cam....
I do fishing of hot chicks using local nimbuzz etc chat rooms on my n8....
Thats the top things i regularly do with my n8!