This app needs certain requirements and does not work on all PC having windows. Admin please post carefully. Only for Samsung devices the same are listed in brackets below.
1.Windows Tablet/PC: Windows 10 OS Creators update or newer
(Galaxy TabPro S, Galaxy Book, PC)
2. Android Tablet: Android Nougat OS or newer
(Galaxy Tab S3, etc.)
3. Android Phone: Android Mashmallow OS or newer
(Galaxy S8, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, Note 5, A5, A7, etc.)
* For the latest device list, please check the app's compatibility on Google Play.
* Bluetooth (Bluetooth LE optional), Wi-Fi direct, fTPM enabled (China dTPM)
The app requires a device with a TPM and Bluetooth 4.0, along with the Creators Update.
This is a bad idea for so many reasons.
1) Is it really harder to type a password than to pull you phone out of your pocket, unlock it, launch some app, and then unlock your computer?
2) Fingerprint readers on phones have been repeatedly shows to be totally unsecure and easily hacked. Yes, typing a complex password on a virtual phone keyboard is a bit of a hassle. But it's not on a full computer physical keyboard. So anyone using this is basically making their computer extremely easy to break into. Even a moderately decent password on the computer would be far better.
3) The government can force you to unlock things with you fingerprint. They cannot force you to divluge a password in your head. So don't every put anything on your computer, if you use Samsung Flow, that you don't want the government to see.
4) Since the part of the Samsung Flow app that runs on your PC has the ability to unlock it, it is essentially a backdoor into your PC. I have zero doubt that the security of Samsung's code in this app sucks. Phone manufacturers are terrible at security. Someone is going to hack this app and then use it to take control of people's computers.
People. Just type in your password on the computer. It's not a big deal. Either that or, if you must use Samsung Flow, just find the people who do ransomware instead and give them all your money, save yourself the inbetween step where they disable your computer.
Anonymous, 04 Jul 2017Of course it will not come as a surprise IOS and Mac OS Sierra and Beyond is a great operating... moreBro, i have used 5 windows laptops starting from 2007 , Compac , Sony , Dell , HP and Toshiba .. Each and every laptop i have face lots of issues mainly with drivers gets fails, wifi issues . Finally i have moved to Mac from 2012 which was advised by friend. It is been 5 years i still did not faced a single issue on Macpro . I am simple user , i only use laptop for mailing , Working office files, Watching movies, video calls and works much better for me , recently upgraded to Macpro 2015 and i am loving it. All these year i have used it without a antivirus. Security is even higher, i have formatted my hard drives which support Mac os only with password protection. I can leave my HD drive any were with peace of mind. It serves my much better for my needs. I am stilling using Windows at my office .
ShahabGT, 04 Jul 2017apple made both of them, but Samsung didn't make Windows nor Androidi am not here to debate , just saying and i am a S8 plus user as well
AnonD-119751, 04 Jul 2017i am unlocking my mac with iphone almost 2 years back apple made both of them, but Samsung didn't make Windows nor Android
AnonD-119751, 04 Jul 2017i am unlocking my mac with iphone almost 2 years back Of course it will not come as a surprise IOS and Mac OS Sierra and Beyond is a great operating system, Hands down better than Windows. What I do not like about the Mac is not the software but the hardware. You cannot use the latest and most powerful hardware in the market with a Mac. It is freaking limited to the hardware they release. Yes Windows may have its flows but I tell you I can create a powerful computer which will eat any Mac on the dust for haft the price a Mac is selling.. I hate it when Apple does not allow us to customize hardware Imagine what a Mac OS can with a GPU like The Titan XP or the new I9 or Ryzen Processors.. Mac is just stupid for not allowing us to cutsomize their desktop computers.. Mac will place the latest harware but by the time they release the hardware it is already 3 generations obsolete !! Mac is never value for Money Mac is hardware will always be weaker than Windows becuase Windows has the flexibility.It will always be underpoered for its price.. I would go for a Windows Machine even though the OS has a bit of flow.. But I do not care of the flows because it can be fixed at all times. So please Mac users stop putting comments on Windows Treads since your Hardware will always be weaker and less powerful than windows
Anonymous, 04 Jul 2017Too bad my Desktop didn't have TPM and can't run it, then my laptop latest Windows version is ... morex86 Intel and AMD desktops doesn't have TPM. This app aims to ARM-based Windows Redstone 3 desktops and to some Intel-based tablets.
AnonD-617820, 04 Jul 2017Samsung produced Laptop as well?Yup. Not mind blowing.
But waiting for gen 8 intel core m / i. With T3 support. By then.. gaming with external GPU.. it will give iPad Pro a run for its money lol.
Too bad my Desktop didn't have TPM and can't run it, then my laptop latest Windows version is not recent enough to run it, so i'm excited over nothing lol. But don't they have sidesync?
AnonD-617820, 04 Jul 2017Samsung produced Laptop as well?You didn't see that coming? XD