Foxtrot2Novmbr, 05 Aug 2017"Opening and switching speeds faster". LOL! Does user care for faster Opening and app switchin... moreYou really care alot don't you? And I ain't aquors
I do a lot of web browsing on my x compact, and that is faster on its main android competitor, the a3 2017.
I wouldn't use most of the extra features offered by any phone, but I do do a lot of browsing, so snappiness gives a better experience for me.
You may use these features, but I prioritise speedy web browsing.
Surficial, 05 Aug 20171 and 2: Opening and switching speeds faster.
3: Should be same fps once fully loaded.
4... more"Opening and switching speeds faster". LOL! Does user care for faster Opening and app switching?
"Should be same fps once fully loaded" You said it yourself. So why bother having a better performing processor and GPU if your gonna have the same FPS?
4. Again. Let me ask you. Is the android apps optimized? You said it yourself on your number 3 statement. "SAME FPS ONCE FULLY LOADED". Also, let me bring this another statement.
How many apps do you think are Vulkan Optimized on android playstore? How many smartphones do you think are running on nougat? Based on this report:
Android 7.0 is 10.6%. While the 7.1.1 percent is 0.9%. So if the nougat is better than the marshmallow according to reports. Why are android smartphones still using android M?
5. Who are you to say "I'm referring to" Surficial? You aren't the user "aqours". Stop pretending that you are that aqours user! If you do. Why don't you reply using the username aqours?
TheHater, 05 Aug 2017"Is sony actually planning on utilizing it on the next upcoming xperia devices? FYI, it's stil... more"Obviously if they're working on it, then they're also planning on implementing it".
I would rather see a working prototype rather than a planning stages.
"Oh and fingerprint scanners never work in water, what kind of dumb question is that?" Whoever said that it supposed to be water? If you have a serious case of hyperhidrosis. Did you know that occasionally, you get wet hands?
"Samsung is popular here in my country but I can't sew anyone unlocking their phones using Iris Scanner, not even the rich people" You only know about what's happening in your country. But what about the other countries? Where is YOUR based of research and observation that owners of the galaxy S8 and S8+ don't use iris scanner to unlock the smartphone?
"just not going to be fair as the one has lower specs than the other". Then why don't you answer my question? Why did he say that? Why are you even contradicting my question? Is it ok to spread a baseless rumors?
"Besides, you don't need more than 720p resolution on a 4.6" device". Then why do you need a 4k resolution on a 5.5 inch display? In my opinion. Here's my suggested pixels per size:
Below 5.0 = 720p
5.1 to 5.5 = 1080p
5.6 to 5.9 = 1440p
6.0 to and above = 2160p
Let me ask you. If you were watching videos. How would you differentiate a 1080p from the 2160p video quality? Would you need a higher resolution to watch a video properly?
"Not all the time, a powerbank is on your side". Then that's your problem. For others, they've learned that carrying a powerbank is a wise choice. This website proves it:
So why shouldn't you carry a powerbank in the first place if you are gonna used your smartphone, especially when On the go?
"And I guess you're always happy with your wireless charging, which ironically, still requires a cable to work" LOL! wireless charging requires a cable to work? Really, you don't even know how wireless charging works? Don't forget! There's also a wireless charging powerbank that I've mentioned. Both are charging your phone wirelessly.
"but has the performance and daily performance of 1990". Where's your basis that it still has the daily performance of 1990?
Sony mobiles must care of that LCD"s . Sony have also received many complaints regarding the LCD . a large number of LCD was cracked .
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 05 Aug 2017First things first. Does a normal user care for the phones performance? For the users side. He... more1 and 2: Opening and switching speeds faster.
3: Should be same fps once fully loaded.
4: Onscreen graphics performance will be better at lower resolution. Iphones have had better onscreen performance with weaker gpus due to lower resolution. CPU makes no difference at different res, GPU does.
5: In the tests I'm referring to (phone battles etc), xzs and xzp are faster than any samsung. Zero reason this won't be, and will have faster onscreen graphics performance.
UltimateZeroSeconds, 04 Aug 20171- Sony Xperia XZ Premium have Ufs 2.1 storage and if you only use single-SIM then you can put... more1. Who cares if it has UFS 1, 2, or even 3? If the storage space is 64GB. It's still small! Let me ask you. Do you get the full 64GB Storage on a brand new smartphone? NO! Which is why I prefer bigger internal storage. When it comes to external storage. It's a risky data file transfer because if the SD card gets corrupted. The app won't run perfectly. Look at Asus. They've released the Zenfone AR in my country with 128GB of storage! That's a lot of contents to store on the internal storage. SD cards are also good. But a 256GB microSD card cost $200 in my country because of excise tax! There's even a 512GB microSD card. But who would get that storage if it cost $1,000 or equivalent to the price of a flagship smartphones?
2. And do you think that using a VR would get you myopia so easily? Are you even certain that you gonna used the VR 24/7?
3. Don't tell me you don't know rings that can be attached on the back of the smartphone?
4. And you think that battery degrades faster on samsung? Before it was released to the public. All test were conducted before it even release to the market. Have you seen this video?
Meanwhile, sony has no explanation on how good is their battery life after years since they have no testing center compared to samsung. Which have an actual battery testing center. So in this number. Who do you think has the better battery lifespan? The one that has been tested or the one that hasn't been tested? Which would you choose?
5. Gimmick? Have you seen the demo?
6. Does the charging animation becomes bulky and becomes burden? If you say that "the software update always become worse". Then this also applies to sony you know.
7. IRL, If your hands are wet. Let's say you have hyperhidrosis. Would the Fingerprint scanner work?
8. And you say that Clear Audio+ and HSEE HX is better than the DTS HD sound enhancement, Quad Dac, and Dolby atmos when using a headphone with jack? Let me ask you. Have you even compared the audio quality of each smartphones with these 3.5 jack enhancement technologies? Not all people are keen to use BT headphones. Most of them would rather use the 3.5 jack than the BT headphones cause it cost less than the BT headphones. Tell me, can people afford an expensive BT headphones with HiRes? Before you could get that perfect HSEE HX and Clear Audio+. You need a HiRes headphones, BT headphones or HiRes earplugs. Which is more expensive than those stereo quality headphones and earplugs.
Anonymous, 04 Aug 2017So you prefer more storage with laggy sluggish UI?Did you know that you could disable or remove that laggy touchwiz UI?
You complain about laggy UI. But there are 20 million users who own the Galaxy S8 and S8+. Are they even complaining?
another plastic phone
Anonymous, 04 Aug 2017i think he means beat the galaxy s8 in terms of performance...u should read the comment he was... moreWho cares for the performance if it lacks contents? I've been on the performance smartphones before. And I have enough of them because of problems and lack of contents. So in the end. In today's standard. Is it advisable to get a much much faster phone if it lacks other contents? Look at the sales of sony smartphones. Let me ask you.
"How much Sony Xperia XZ Premium and XZs were sold compared to samsung galaxy S8 and S8+"?
Surficial, 04 Aug 2017In a real world performance test, the xzs is faster than the s8.
X compact is faster than s7 ... moreFirst things first. Does a normal user care for the phones performance? For the users side. Here's the sets of questions that I've encountered.
1. Does it make phone calls and sending text message faster because it has faster processor?
2. If there's no significant difference when playing games. Even if the sony phone opens much faster. Does it affect the gameplay?
3. How about the frames per second(FPS) when playing games? If the game runs smoothly even on other devices. Would anyone care for a faster gameplay?
4. "This running at 720p should be even faster.". Have you seen any android apps that were optimized for 720p? Don't forget! Android lacks optimization. So it doesn't matter if the sceen is 1440p or even above that. If the developers didn't say any optimization from the information when downloading from the playstore. It isn't optimized.
5. "this will perform better than any samsung". LOL! The unit itself isn't out yet. So how's your comment be credible if the unit itself isn't release to the public?
I couldnt find it on geekbench but that's probably because it's not real. Two different model numbers are shown in the screenshot :)
G8441 -> G8411
Hmm 720p screen. Last compact had 1080p screen and other good specs for 4.5 screen but the price is still to high for a small screen phone. With these specs the new one should have half the price of the old compact if it comes with 720p screen.
Anonymous, 04 Aug 2017i think he means beat the galaxy s8 in terms of performance...u should read the comment he was... moreThat storage hungry human don't understand other things except huge storage.
Anonymous, 04 Aug 2017X Compact is not metal like XZ. Isn't that what I just said?
Again crap camera ? If it's not the same as the S7 / better - then dont know why..Sony bother people ?! Read pls Sony S5 Compact review in web, especially about camera. Xperia X Compact ? Joke. Sony XZ 1 Compact should have better camera, sound, volume, xenon, quality (no crack screen).
I love it. I bought a Samsung A3. This is so much more phone, but Sony still insists on IPS instead of AMOLED. I really want a phone like this, but with a great screen.
Make the screen 4.8" so you can advertise it as having bigger screen than iPhone
This reminds me of the great Z1 compact I used in the past
Whoa, this Xperia Compact looks like it could be a powerhouse. Looks like the real deal.
Can't wait to see this compact beast! The last two were a let down