Who cares about a slight camera hump?not me...innovation comes 1st..16mp with worlds 1st f./1.6 aperture,wow LG..plus it look beautiful and has the best in class audio..surely my next device.
Anonymous, 09 Aug 2017Apple started the non-removable battery trend. Apple and Samsung started the glass back trend.... moreFunny, I just read tips on how to save battery power on GS8 and they include tips like turning off features like Bixby and setting lower resolution.
Features that sheep paid for.
FeederEater, 08 Aug 2017To sum it up for those people who dont know some things:
1. LG G6 came out 1 month before GS8... moreApple started the non-removable battery trend. Apple and Samsung started the glass back trend. Samsung started the bezelless/curved screen trend. Apple and Samsung have the most effective brainwasing marketing, they bribe reviewers, etc. They made people to consider phones as status symbols/jewerlies so people prefer the looks and brand name over features. Whatever they do, people will buy it (despite of iPhones and Samsung phones are useless), therefore the rest of the manufacturers will copy them.
They use similar marketing strategy what car commercials use to sell these junk glass phones: they make advertising photos in which the light is reflecting off the shiny, curved glass body of phone and people think it looks cool. That's why no manufacturer will make good phone (removable battery, some bezels, flat screen, plastic body, IR blaster, FM Radio) anymore.
It's nothing more than an S8/Note 8 clone.
I hate these fugly bezelless, glass, non-removable battery phones.
dd, 09 Aug 2017Its sad that the tough and rugged V-series is now going with the glass back curve screen trendIf this will help the sales, then why not using glass?
Its sad that the tough and rugged V-series is now going with the glass back curve screen trend
Anonymous, 08 Aug 2017It is not worth it because it doesn't offer anything to the table, fhe note on other hand has ... more"if it didn't have the pen it would be useless" Last time I checked literally everyone who owns a smartphone without a stylus can live without one
To sum it up for those people who dont know some things:
1. LG G6 came out 1 month before GS8 and we had concepts far before S8s so no, LG is not copying Samsung, LG V30 is G6 just without a sign LG on the front.
2. Screen is not curved, it has 2.5D glass, LG K10 and K7 have the same curved 2.5D glass, and again, no, LG is not copying GS8
3. Lets assume that V30 will have 3200-3300mAh battery. LG G6 has 5.7" QHD IPS display, Snapdragon 821, Android 7.1, battery rating 72 hours. LG V30 will have 6.0" QHD P-OLED display (power efficient compared to IPS LCD display), Snapdragon 835 (power efficient compared to Snapdragon 821), lets assume that it will come with Android 8.0 (Android 8.0 will be more power efficient than Android 7.0-7.1), even if it doesnt come with Android 8.0 it will be okay. Why i think that it will have O?
1. LG V20 was launched with Android 7.0 and was 1st with it due to good collaboration between Google and LG
2. LG V30 was firstly announced on Google I/O, not by LG but by Google
3. LG is making Pixel XL for Google and there is another example for their good collaboration (it can only be that because of Pixel release, LG V30 wont get Android 8.0 first)
eeeewwwwwww not interested because of the design, S8 plus better than that
Trump Fan 1980, 08 Aug 2017The V series is probably worth the upgrade. The G series probably won't be worth it until the ... moreIt is not worth it because it doesn't offer anything to the table, fhe note on other hand has the pen
If it didn't have the pen, it would be useless
With all that camera focusing phones, I hope they got bigger sensors back.
Vaio Agent, 08 Aug 2017look at the front glass, exactly is Samsung S8 Design, just like copy and paste, this isn't LG... moreActually, LG has used that glass on some of their lower end phones. It's just 2.5D glass with a 6 in OLED inside. There's no actual curve of the screen, but its Only on the side bezel.
i hope this means larger camera sensors, not smaller battery and same camera sensors as the G6.