amlboeton, 24 Aug 2017The one thing that makes me lose the love to Sony is due the lack of hardware button for home,... moreYou're referring to the S not the SP. I used to own an SP and it had on screen buttons
Aa2, 24 Aug 2017I think they are planning to change the design next year but they won't be using 18:9 aspect r... moreActually, they may very well be using 18:9: http://www.gsmarena.com/jdi_starts_producing_6_panel_with_189_aspect_ratio-news-25693.php
Anonymous, 24 Aug 2017Their design language is fine. And only a few models have too big bezels. The reason they don... moreThe reason they don't sell much is their ugly design with huge bazel, poor QC, poor camera and software with full of bugs. No one buy sony phones anymore except blind sony fans.
I consider myself a Sony fan and even I have to say... what is this generic looking garbage?
Kirk, 24 Aug 2017Why fix something that isn't broken? -SONY 2017Exactly. It's not broken yet, so they won't do anything harm to the design.
Android Fanboy PRO, 24 Aug 2017Sony phones lacks innovation&productivity not to mention its old ugly brick designs , the... moreSony laptop biz is now under VAIO, a separate company from Sony. They sell premium laptops for designers. Sony TV is still doing well, Android fanboy.
amlboeton, 24 Aug 2017The one thing that makes me lose the love to Sony is due the lack of hardware button for home,... moreMore and more phones are ditching the hardware button. The latest S8 Series and N8 also without it.
Reeedd the London Sony download speed achieved in Real World setting, spectacular Sony tech.
Android Fanboy PRO, 24 Aug 2017Sony phones lacks innovation&productivity not to mention its old ugly brick designs , the... moretry to use one of their phones. the things that make them great are rarely mentionned and people dont try em.
once they do though.. they're often hooked. Simple stuff really:
- the digitizers they use are extremely accurate. did you know you can type on your phone without making mistakes? yeah me neither until sony. when i type on the S8 its a fucking nightmare now.
- power button is fingerprint sensor unlocking the phone. genius. on the S8 the back button is too far and the iris recognition fails a lot. the power button fingerprint button never fails and is in the most convenient location possible.
- speakers that work when you hold the phone normally. ENOUGH SAID.
- stays smooth after 1 mo of use. Yeah. Try that on the S8. Pixel gets a pass here though, yay.
- very little bloatware or weirdo modification to the google android. you basically get what you'd get on a pixel for most things and its a good thing...
- camera is better than its touted out to be. On the S8 i can snap pics quickly and most look averagly-good with quite a few blurry ones when im too quick. On the XZ i can't snap pics as quickly. But if i take a second to make the picture properly, the result is much better than i am able to achieve on the S8. Most XZ pics are hard to tell apart from an RX100M5 without pixel peeping with any daylight. The S8 pictures are all recognizable, every time.
The small things are great.
amlboeton, 24 Aug 2017The one thing that makes me lose the love to Sony is due the lack of hardware button for home,... moreXperia sp does not have hardware back and return button, i am writing this with one right now.
Sonyuser85, 24 Aug 2017I bow to you! At least a simple and truthful thinking mind! Cheers!Both sides are wrong. The haters and bezel crazy and you extreme fanboys.
They could trim them a bit. Especially if they are not utilizing them. Which therefore fans are just defending for the sake of being fans.
However on the flip side the design is elegant and stands out. And only some models have just too big of bezels.
Kirk, 24 Aug 2017Why fix something that isn't broken? -SONY 2017I bow to you! At least a simple and truthful thinking mind! Cheers!
Anonymous, 24 Aug 2017And lacking innovation? Grow up.Blue whale and fat cow are small ones, compared to this cracked dino'! Yeah boys, keep on rolling! That's why I'm mad about make.believe! Simply amazing! (Byw, it's a reply dedicated to that Android "Fan Boy").