Dual-core 'because it's dual core' is not always needed. The PLAY proves to be a capable gaming device that can handle its job perfectly. The same thing happened with PSone and PS2 consoles - even five years (and longer) after their release, games were still interesting enough and kept offering better graphics, while the hardware remained unchanged. The only explanation for this, is skilled programming. Dual-core would not have made a difference.
Luckily Carphone Warehouse have been selling this phone in black on O2 since the launch day.... Shows that o2 are a bit slow on the uptake for the locked version
It's very very Hotttttttttttt
dual core, dual core... who cares??? Suddendly, it seems that if a phone is not dual core it is worth nothing (but the iPhone is not dual core...).
Games are still designed for single core CPUs, so it will take time before you see a great difference.
Usability, design, hardware quality, software stability are much more important than a dual core CPU, and SonyEricsson delivers.
ouhh i want it with logo gsmarena :) it's look very nice :)
Sonyericsson need to start putting the very best specs into some of there devices. Many of their products are ergonomically superior and are usually eyecandy compared to competitors.
its looks gr8............that's it
AnonD-3678, 27 May 2011Likely first. Which is better, game-keypadless dual core Android or this expensive single core... moreWhatever. So many people getting hype over dual core stuff.
The PLAY plays games so fine. That's it.
Hey We already have it in India :)
I had it from more than three weeks
The White one looks great
these are the improvements needed for xperia play 2 (version 1 is not competitive enough). if it would have these, we wouldn't need a stand alone portable gaming console - but only this smartphone:
- dual core or even quad core processor: because at the time of its release, the leading devices would have quad - so quad is essential for being competitive
- 1080p@30 or even @60 video camera (@60 could be achieved with a quad core processor) with exmorR sensor
- 1GB ram
- qHD 960x540 resolution screen with bravia engine (super amoled is samsung-only so i am realistic...)
- HDMI out
all these features are realistic - not just fantasy - so SE should try its best to implement them in time for next year!
- if there was a side-sliding qwerty, and the gaming buttons were located/integrated there, along side the qwerty buttons - the device would be the ultimate device - better than any possible alternative, and iPhone's reign would end!
- personally i would be happy if it had a dvb-t2 tv tuner. but for some reason, such tuners never get integrated in smartphones - and it's a pitty! i guess that the only reason is that the mobile operators are afraid of losing income becuse people would get free tv intead of paying for 3g network streaming (that was the case for wifi, but eventually wifi won!)
I need to use this phone
AnonD-3678, 27 May 2011Likely first. Which is better, game-keypadless dual core Android or this expensive single core... moreActually this phone's RAM is actually better and it's GPU was designed to work better for gaming which is better compared to the regular ones used on current devices. This phone can score up to 60fps on games so I don't think dual-core is really necessary.
All I would say on this is that O2 delayed due to adding their bloatware and it's this bloatware that will delay updates to Android and also sony OTT updates...
I'd say if you were to get this, look elsewhere (also their tariffs are pretty shocking too)
For some reason in other places the price of this had DOUBLED...
I was going to get it next month, time to wait until it's sensibly priced (give it a month or two)
Well worth picking up under £100 for a 12-month contract I'd say...
AnonD-3678, 27 May 2011Likely first. Which is better, game-keypadless dual core Android or this expensive single core... moreDon´t seel this beast out short just yet.It may be single core but it handles games excelentely.I had the chance to try one out at my local electronics store and i loved it.too bad it´s out of my buying range riight now but one day...
also it look better in black imo
Likely first. Which is better, game-keypadless dual core Android or this expensive single core Xperia. I think the former is better.