Mediatek might have a "bad" reputation but the reason why some phone manufacturer still pick Mediatek as their choice was they sell cheaper than the other competitor, don't judge based on chip brand or benchmark things.1 SoC still suffer performance issue when the software not properly optimized so don't just blame the SoC, 16nm vs 10nm or 14nm.Don't even compare when the technology is clearly 1-sided(Helio P or X series against SD835), we talk about phone SoC.Not a computer CPU, even a SD625 literally do better than Exynos 5 series that found on the old flagship of Samsung phones.I've been using a whole lot of different phone with different SoC, we're not using our phone for benchmarking.We use it for make calls and take photograph, play games and listen to MP3 all sort of things.If Oppo opt for a different SoC brand, they obviously not gonna put MYR848 or $200 and sell it more expensive.So take it easy and chill out, everyone knows Oppo doesn't sell their phone cheap.Better SoC cost more, the more expensive their phone gonna get.
There's exactly ZERO thing worth to notice in this bland spec and design
AnonD-402029, 05 Sep 2017u just a kid talking. 1) Helio X series never meant to compete with flagship Snapdragon in te... moreU are right, but, benchmarks like AnTuTu can show u a whole chart of smartphones, ranging from low-end to high-end in comparison. It can be a good way to show some processor bump like example from SNAPDRAGON 821 to SNAPDRAGON 835. Another useful one is GeekBench. It is just my own opinion, don't get me wrong. I see them as a very bad chipset supplier because I have never used a smartphone with that chipset powering it, I buy high-end Sony flagships, that is why I might have some wrong impressions of the chipset manufacturer
xXENDER FREAKXx, 05 Sep 2017It is indeed a very bad chipset supplier. MEDIATEK's low-end processors like HELIO P20, stutte... moreu just a kid talking.
1) Helio X series never meant to compete with flagship Snapdragon in term of raw performance.
2) what kind of phone stuttering with P20? say the brand. Xperia phone with Mediatek is butter smooth so it is not Mediatek fault.
3) How much core how many core doesnt mean the higher number of cores is better, everybody knew it because since the old day iPhone destroys Android with less core.
4) Antutu sucks. Antutu this, Antutu that. Antutu doesnt reflect real usage. High scores in Antutu doesnt mean the device is butter smooth in daily life. you can even tweak antutu scores by optimizing your rom so antutu is not a raw output from hardware.
5) Mediatek sell its chip cheaper than other, it is not a bad supplier.
6) Benchmark this, benchmark that. enough with benchmark. I use mediatek and snapdragon, both of them can lag. the only oem i havent see lag is sony. android is not perfect. why do you think ppl in XDA or 4PDA or whatever building custom or modded rom?
7) Snapdragon GPU is OVERPOWER in many occasion. in real life usage by most ppl, there is no real difference between flagship mediatek vs snapdragon in gaming. heck you can play almost any games smoothly just using Snapdragon 625, u dont even need 835.
8) Fail to impress in benchmark? for what? benchmark for what? do you play benchmark? i play games. i take pictures. I need chipset that doesnt lag when playing games. i need good camera to take pictures. so i dont necessarily need flagship chipset.
Nowadays, benchmark is just a marketing strategy by oem, many low-mid chipset already powerful enough do daily tasks smoothly.
Anonymous, 05 Sep 2017Whenever I see your comment, Mediatek seems to be a bad news for you. LoL. No offense. Also no... moreIt is indeed a very bad chipset supplier. MEDIATEK's low-end processors like HELIO P20, stutters when scrolling through apps in the multitasking section. And when there is too many apps, it will start to lag. Ok let's say HELIO X30, woah! DECA-CORE processor! Amazing! (Not) A processor with so many cores, got beaten by SNAPDRAGON 835, a octa-core processor in terms of the multitasking, slightly better on the SNAPDRAGON. When u run AnTuTu, u would be confused. Wait, why isn't HELIO X30 the top of AnTuTu? It has 10 cores! This comes to the disappointing part. Even with high clock speeds, the graphics is literally bad. It can neither compete with SNAPDRAGON 835's graphic nor SNAPDRAGON 820's graphic at all. So in conclusion, this is a company that creates some "WoW" factors, but fails to impress when it comes to benchmarks. And this is why, many smartphone tech enthusiasts wouldn't recommend a MEDIATEK processor smartphone most of the time
AnonF-632062, 05 Sep 2017Whenever I see the word "Mediatek" or "MTK" or "Helio", my hopes sink like a stone dropped int... moreWhenever I see your comment, Mediatek seems to be a bad news for you. LoL. No offense. Also not a Mediatek fans. #peace