Terrible update. First I notice a huge battery drain and after I made some changes to the settings it's a lot better but I also feel it slowed down the phone a lot. It takes roughly 3-5 seconds when a call comes in to see who is calling (that's not acceptable!) due to huge lag. I have this phone for a bit longer than a year and paid 200 euro for it. While that's a mid range price, I still expect to have a normal functioning phone for roughly 2 years. Each update makes the phone slower and slower, just you're getting sick of it and buy a new one. It was the same with the previous model, after a year it got terribly slow and super annoying to use. Had to exchange it after the screen broke and the repair was equally expensive as a new phone. I'm tired of this. I will not buy another Samsung. Phone was a lot faster before this update. Another annoying feature is the new split screen option that's always turns on accidentally for me and it takes me several minutes to fix back. Yea, I think I hate this phone now. LOL
after the update of j5 2016 to 7.1.1, my phone become slower, wifi cant take it easyly i have to restart my phone on each wifi connection, can I take back my X version??? very bad update
samsung j5 u made a mistake in changing my moble i want to to original tks
Phone updated 09/01/18, Samsung's icons changed, battery life is now lower, apps seem slower.
Anonymous, 24 Oct 2017The J510GN variant of J5(6) still havent received the update 😬....cant wait for it... moreSame here the J510FN already got the update while for the J510GN is still waiting
Anonymous, 02 Dec 2017just got my update in the Philippines bro. just today
J7 2016 or J5 2016?
for when will be coming to LATAM ... Argentina more specifically, some date please
I have Samsung Galaxy J5 2016. And cantr downl this new update. Why ???
Anonymous, 26 Oct 2017I doubt you really miss most of the features that have been added to stock Android between 7.0... moreI leave in Kuwait,I am using Samsung galaxy j5dous 2016,But I am cheaking everyday,I don't get upgrade,why please tell me,what should I do now please tell me about this service,I will thankful to you
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2017because j5 16 is better than s6Oh really ???
If Yes then you are Noob..
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2017And the A5 2017 and J5 2017 both on 7.0?? Come on Samsung I doubt you really miss most of the features that have been added to stock Android between 7.0 and 7.1.1:
- New Emoji characters: Samsung uses its own separate Emoji set anyway.
- Bluelight filter: Samsung included its own version of this feature in 7.0.
- App Shortcuts: This seems to be the major new piece of functionality. It justified a bump from API level 24 to 25. I've never personally used this feature so I don't know how useful it really is.
- Fingerprint scanner gesture to open notifications: I don't own those devices, but I'm not convinced this is particularly compelling with a front-mounter fingerprint sensor. In any event, Samsung has a history of back-porting new features into older major versions of Nougat; for example the build of 7.0 that was released for the Galaxy S8 included this feature so 7.1.1 wasn't necessary.
- Daydream VR: Do you actually own/care about a VR headset? I don't.
- Circular app icons. Yawn.
Naglfar09, 24 Oct 2017I own a galaxy j5 2016 and im from the philippines...when can i expect the upgrade to reach us... moreJ7 2016 in the phils received nougat 2 to 3 weeks after it was released in other countries. Maybe j5 2016 will follow the same route