Anonymous, 26 Oct 2017I doubt you really miss most of the features that have been added to stock Android between 7.0... moreI leave in Kuwait,I am using Samsung galaxy j5dous 2016,But I am cheaking everyday,I don't get upgrade,why please tell me,what should I do now please tell me about this service,I will thankful to you
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2017because j5 16 is better than s6Oh really ???
If Yes then you are Noob..
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2017And the A5 2017 and J5 2017 both on 7.0?? Come on Samsung I doubt you really miss most of the features that have been added to stock Android between 7.0 and 7.1.1:
- New Emoji characters: Samsung uses its own separate Emoji set anyway.
- Bluelight filter: Samsung included its own version of this feature in 7.0.
- App Shortcuts: This seems to be the major new piece of functionality. It justified a bump from API level 24 to 25. I've never personally used this feature so I don't know how useful it really is.
- Fingerprint scanner gesture to open notifications: I don't own those devices, but I'm not convinced this is particularly compelling with a front-mounter fingerprint sensor. In any event, Samsung has a history of back-porting new features into older major versions of Nougat; for example the build of 7.0 that was released for the Galaxy S8 included this feature so 7.1.1 wasn't necessary.
- Daydream VR: Do you actually own/care about a VR headset? I don't.
- Circular app icons. Yawn.
AnonD-710361, 24 Oct 2017I own a galaxy j5 2016 and im from the philippines...when can i expect the upgrade to reach us... moreJ7 2016 in the phils received nougat 2 to 3 weeks after it was released in other countries. Maybe j5 2016 will follow the same route
Just great while flagship s8 stuck to experience 8.1 with 7.0 nougat, you better provide Oreo soon Samsung
I own a galaxy j5 2016 and im from the philippines...when can i expect the upgrade to reach us???? I also own a galaxy j7 prime and a galaxy j7 pro.
Nice. Even though I have moved on to a Nokia 8, I still keep my J5 2016 as a backup phone, so any security updates or even better, OS version upgrades to it are a nice thing.
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2017my s6 edge unlock version here on the phillippines still haven't got the nougat update and its... moreSame here bro. Any idea why Samsung is depriving the Philippines of an update that has came out last March
The J510GN variant of J5(6) still havent received the update 😬....cant wait for it to arrive
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2017Z3+ is a month older than s6. It has 7.1.1 since february and september patchThat's why I said most companies, and Sony is probably the only company puts8de of Google who support aosp side of stuff, always willing to release aour we quickly and even provide guides on how to do your own build
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2017my s6 edge unlock version here on the phillippines still haven't got the nougat update and its... moreBro you can check if update may be available through Samsung smart switch(PC/laptop Application)
my s6 edge unlock version here on the phillippines still haven't got the nougat update and its still running on marsmallow version. any idea how can I update this into nougat version? still waiting until now for the update on my settings.