Here is char of 2004-2005
Company Q2 2005 Q2 2004 Change
Nokia 31.9% 29.6% +2.3%
Motorola 17.9% 15.7% +2.2%
Samsung 12.8% 12.1% +0.7%
LG 6.5% 6.1% +.4%
Sony Ericsson 6.2% 6.6% -0.4%
Siemens 4.7% 6.9% -2.2%
Others 20.0% 23.0% -3.0%
MOTOROLA Still holds 19% of market while nokia 29%,SE 15%,Samsung 17%,LG 4.5%,Panasonic 2%,Imate 2.5% and remainig........."
Where is that info from please cite the source?.. otherwise that would be considered 'making up info'. we mean global market share not specific location.
Nokia grabs around 35-36%
Motorola is nowhere near 19% now...12-13%..we are now in Q2 2007 not 2004.
samsung is also around 13-14%
SE less than 10%
and fifth place is LG.
MOTOROLA IS slipped to THIRD AND SAMSUNG IS NOW THE SECOND LARGEST HANDSET MAKER IN THE WORLD! CHECK OUT THIS LINKS:
Motorola must do good in their handsets.. they lack innovation and class and that's why they slipped to number 3 position :)
This fone is a symbian
moto sales have picked up in EUROPE too
Z8 has kicked most smart fones in market
its really a true slider and a multimedia monster
OK. Here is why this phone MIGHT be very good.
1. Someone mentioned that this is a Symbian phone. That means that the competition to this phone should be the Nokia 5700 music phones, not the the SE phones. Why? Because its a smartphone capable of expansion with native-level programs. I believe that this phone probably will be Symbian or Motorola-flavored Linux because that is the direction that most Motorola phones are going in.
2. The phone is a clam-shell. In My Opinion...and only my opinion, Moto clamshells are the best and SE and Nokia do not make very good clamshell phones. Yes SE has one or two non-smartphone clamshells. Nokia has the N76 and a few others. But when people think Nokia, they think candybar, and slider. Personally, I think Nokia's sliders are not that good. The other company known for clamshells are LG and Samsung. Those two companies sell most of their phones to the US on Verizon, so are not open phones. Anyway, the newer generations of Moto clamshells (the KRZR, the newer RAZR) are very sturdy phones.
This mobileis PEBL not ROKR
Its official name is PEKO
CHECK OUT................. BUT THIS SITE UNfortunately has not the correct pic of this fone
wELL for ur information...........
MOTOROLA Still holds 19% of market while nokia 29%,SE 15%,Samsung 17%,LG 4.5%,Panasonic 2%,Imate 2.5% and remainig.........
This fone is already available...........
Search for MOTOROLA PEBL U9 on google
u'll find this fone available at a lot of stores............
go search ur self
Moto makes nice phones. But their marketing and advertising division filled with stupid people, at least in Indonesia.
There is NO DOUBT that motorola is quickly slipping down the competition.
WANT A SIMPLE EVIDENCE?
- Go to homepage og gsmarena.com
- And then look at the RIGHT PANEL - where it says "CURRENT RANKINGS"
- Then look where it says "By rate" and "By interest"
I will be very surprised if Motorola is mentioned there! ! ! !
See it for yourself!
The PEBL was -not- a good phone. It had various software issues, terrible memory, a poor camera, and the build quality was rubbish - the number of problems with that hinge... Motorola have their work cut out to fix all that rubbish going on with the PEBL. I'm very dubious about this handset.
i'm not to argue about music quality on E2...surely it's very good...even through bundled headset.
unfornately, that doesn't matter or affect anything because for recent quarters moto experiences losses in its mobile phone division.
moto's stockholder also requires that if the situation doesn't improve soon, Ed Zander [its CEO] have to resign.
if ROKR E2's sounds quality same as IPOD,that's mean ROKR E2 is rubbish.. the IPOD sounds quality is very bad and poor for me.. it just loud and enought clear but no quality in IPOD sounds for me..
Eh....i m from asia and i LOVE motorola....and who said motorola cant compete...its because of u NEGATIVE 'smart' ppl who think that motorola sux and is making every1 think like u by posting dam a lot of rubbish on sites like this to influence buyers to buy ur favourite Brands...MOTOROLA hav the worlds best music phones...if u READ enough...u would know that motorola Rokr edition (especially the RokrE2) has music quality as good as an IPOD...
why do you make such comments??? the phone has not been released yet!!!!
The specifications of the new MOTOROLA ARE:
UMTS / GSM
External dimensions: 86.5 x 49 x 20 mm
Weight: 112 grams
Screen: 240 x 320 pixel 16M color TFT display
Camera 1: 2.0 mega pixel 1600 x 1200 pixels VGA video capture
Camera 2: VGA (3G)
Memory: 900mb + MicroSD Slot
Email: Pop, SMTP and IMAP4
Internal quad-band antenna
Integrated Class 2 Bluetooth® wireless technology WITH A2DP
MPEG4 video Playback
3D Graphics Engine
Java™ MIDP 2.0
Dedicated Messaging & Browser keys
Symbian OS 9.2, Series 60 v3.1 UI
TI 2420 multimedia processor (433 MHZ)
Standard battery, Li-Ion 1030 mAh
Up to 395 hours
Up to 10 hours