AnonD-696542, 15 Nov 2017No samsung, plz don't.. The S8 is a perfect flagship device. I won't like it to have a mini ve... moreYeah, let's ignore that S7 edge of almost a year before S8 was a better device in almost everything (front facing fingerprint, same SoC/RAM/camera, better battery, usable aspect ratio) ... apart from that then yes S8 is/was a perfect device that needed no change(s)
So a 6.2", a 5.8" and a sub 5 inch? I don't see it being that small if it's 18.5:9. More competition is always good for consumers, but this could easily not materialise like every other rumored small phone (save for sony's line).
No samsung, plz don't.. The S8 is a perfect flagship device. I won't like it to have a mini version so I won't like S9 to have a mini version too
It will be good if Samsung release small, but powerful device, since a lot of other brands will try to copy it in case of sales success. Unfortunatelly no one is copying Sony.
Devil GK, 15 Nov 2017Used that phone for about 2.5 years on Custom ROM's and sold it last week ..
But still it wa... moreGalaxy Alpha had infinite autonomy , what are you talking about? Carrying a spare meant zero charge time and making the day and some more...
You're now stuck with a phone that you need to charge ... how's that for a downgrade?
AnonD-392500, 15 Nov 20171. That screen with green lines?
2. That same 12mp camera of iphone 7?
3. 30 mins more SOT i... moreI see you didn't read my links ... very sad
1. No such things. If you sell several million you expect some defects, but even them are getting replaced. Instead I gave you a link that shows it to be the best screen in the world
2. Not the same, read the review (eons ahead)
3. 30 mins on such a harsh test is about 2 more hours of regular screen-on-time. First iphone to be top of the line battery-wise
4. It's beaten by none in raw performance tests (video encoding). In fact it kills them. If you mean memory retention issues, I agree. But that's software, not hardware issue. iPhone X is inmeasurably better than iphone 7 in *hardware*.
To your points:
1. So you prefer to have it all-bezel like Samsung and lose another line for the notification center (while it could well be tucked on the horns part)? That's being cavalier with your limited space. Yeah it look ugly, but it makes much more sense than putting bezels everywhere and losing that space.
2. Most bezeless phones are. Then again, nobody uses them without a case. A non-issue (using a MiMix for a year now, dropped a million time, never a scratch ... because -you know- *case*)
3. Agreed, but nothing to do with yoy hardware advances (or not)
4. The home key should had died years ago. Jobs hated that sh*t. Its demise made everything far faster. I always install gestures to my phones, they're a million times better than physical button, they're so last decade. Again, not a hardware advancement ... so you're out of topic. Still wrong though
5. Similar as above. You cannot count as negative the removal of obsolete features. If anything that's one of the phones greatest advancements. It's still the only to do passive biometrics well. Nobody is to use a fingerprint scanners in 1-2 years. You said it right $150 phones has it, active biometrics is a low end feature at this point, it has no place in high end devices...
BiyoBiyo JunJun, 15 Nov 2017remember when people made fun of small screen phone ? suddenly people welcoming them ...No they're not. 5 inches was never meant to be "small-screened", it's regular screened (just because we're accustomed to phablets, doesn't mean that 5 inchers suddenly became small).
Nobody buys small screen phones (4 inches and below).
Anonymous, 15 Nov 2017Hahaha...iPhones have that backward and limited iOS. No contest.
None of the so called 'pro... moreDon't change subject. The question was if a phone improved over last gen and I showed one.
If its software sucks that's another issue ... then again it always sucked, it's not a new thing...
remember when people made fun of small screen phone ? suddenly people welcoming them ...
i like mini flagship phone but i dont like sony because sony's customer service in my country is very very very bad. im waiting for samsung's mini flagship phone
please release a mini that would be awesome!!
Finally...... Waiting for a S Mini since the S5 Mini.
But I hope it will have flagship specs like Sony's Compact series....
AnonD-711468, 15 Nov 2017Are you kidding me?
Apple has just released the greatest upgrade in phone technology (between... more1. That screen with green lines?
2. That same 12mp camera of iphone 7?
3. 30 mins more SOT is the greatest upgrade?
4. That SoC which is beaten by almost all android flagships on youtube speed tests?
Iphone X is indead a step back from iphone 7 plus
1. That wierd notch
2. Very fragile in drop tests
3. Very expensive repair costs
4. No home key. UI gestures are complicated to use
5. No fingerprint scanner($150 android phones have these)
The greatest upgrade of iphone X is its cost.
AZM.SAIFUL ISLAM, 15 Nov 2017i'm looking higher configuration but size is 4.5'' with dual sim BODY Dimensions 138.3 x 67.... moreZ compact then. Bigger screen n smaller body plus super long duration battery.
Also come with s9pro, s9plus, so android pancake will arrive after sony, pixel get android Q.
Heaps thanks for long update
Yes I absolutely agree that "hopefully this time around there will be a change in strategy". Let's hope.
i'm looking higher configuration but size is 4.5'' with dual sim
BODY Dimensions 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 in)
Weight 138 g (4.87 oz)
Hate this overpriced infinity display design