I got the S8 because of screen size.
I don't want a bigger screen, but want the best camera and the best specs.
Curved screen again. Hate it.
Why not to release at least one model with flat screen?
zodiacfml, 23 Nov 2017jealous of the stereo speakers. additionally, cant they make these capable of 120hz display?They'll have to switch to using an IPS LCD display if you want them to create a 120Hz display phone that soon. OLED is just not capable of 120Hz yet as of the moment
jealous of the stereo speakers. additionally, cant they make these capable of 120hz display?
Samsung flagship are already the vest phones around .
Only thing I really don't like about them is that small tiny mono speaker .
If they bring stereo speakers next year, I'll definitely want one of them .
Disappointed that they won't have gotten the finger print scanner under screen by then.
Anonymous, 23 Nov 2017For Samsung? They should be spearheading standards. I'd rather want 8GB or more RAM for the sa... moreI don't think there is more than 8 GB Ram On a smartphone. until a new module is coming with 12 GB of ram or something. expect no more than 8 on android.
Bankaimaster999, 23 Nov 2017I believe that Samsung is making a huge mistake differentiating the two phones so much. The ph... moreYeah samsung will be very wrong to think that S8 users won't upgrade to S9 either way. I have an S8 and I'm eagerly waiting for S9 obviously the 5.8 version. For me even S8 is much better than iPhone X so I expect S9 to be much better than S8. But if this is true, if they aren't bringing premium features like higher ram and dual cam setup to smaller version, it'll be a very stupid decision. I'm not going to buy S9+ and keeping S9 without those things will also make it a no option for me. The only difference S9 and S9+ should have is just the display size just like S8 and S8+.
Bankaimaster999, 23 Nov 2017I believe that Samsung is making a huge mistake differentiating the two phones so much. The ph... moreFor Samsung? They should be spearheading standards. I'd rather want 8GB or more RAM for the same $700-$1,000 price range, thank you
Anonymous, 23 Nov 2017If by slightly unimpressive you mean a "huge letdown" then yes, sd 835 was "slightly unimpress... moreThe s835 made great improvements across the board. Just because the cpu didn't change a lot in single core doesn't change that.
Anonymous, 23 Nov 2017So 2018 would be an iterative year for Samsung, aye? As if 2017 wasn't... same ram, same ca... moreNot to say it was major or that you are wrong about 2018 but there was a more in 2017. And the camera sensor was different
Bankaimaster999, 23 Nov 2017I believe that Samsung is making a huge mistake differentiating the two phones so much. The ph... moreMy opinions:
1. Plausible. definitely going to enjoy that.
2. Hmm... I wouldn't really enjoy it. I need a compact phone with massive screen. so I want the phones to be fairly equal. but hey. it's just me.
3. YES PLEASE!
4. Nope. I'll be upset if that happens. the two phones need to get the same components as in accessories wise!
if you can win them, follow them. Proven its working, I know benchmark isn't everything but still interested to see how the SD845 or the newer exynos in term of raw power can match the A11 chip.
I believe that Samsung is making a huge mistake differentiating the two phones so much. The phone will already be expensive and with the smaller S9 being at 5.7"; many users would probably prefer or opt to getting that over the S9+. Though that's my opinion. I can understand the RAM drop down but not the dual camera set up. That in itself is complete BS. Every other phone company will be having a dual set up and samy is indirectly forcing you to take a bigger screen set up to meet 2017-2018 standards .... Not to mention the phone will just be getting a cpu spec bump and stereo speakers which will still run you $700-$1000. That's not enough for users to upgrade from their S8/S8+. Sadly if they do this and the public comes to the conclusion that it isn't worth shipping out an extra $100 + the increased fees for the new S9+ then samsungs goal of releasing it early to mess with Iphone X sales will fall flat because buying an S8 will be way cheaper and still just as good in terms of features. Not sure if anyone gets what I'm saying but I'll continue......
Samy should be doing one of this things or more:
1. Increase base ram to 6GB on S9+ ONLY (or both)
--> however if they keep the S9 at 4GB they have to improve on the performance aspect.
2. Screen size differences will remain with the S9 @5.7" and S9+ @6.2". If they want to step it up a notch find a way to get 120Hz screens on the S9+ and regular AMOLED on the S9; if possible. That way there is clear differentiation and a reason to bump up to the S9+ over the S9. Even without that and they do something else instead of the 120Hz screen....like they can just bump up the resolution on the S9+ to go up to 4k (esp for VR) and leave the S9 at it 1440p.
3. As for the dual speakers; in my opinon if they wanted to differentiate like the Pixel 2 line then yes they can bump up the RAM to 6GB across both S9/S9+ but only the later will have Stereo speakers since it build will be big. The S9 coud just use the bottom speaker and the front speaker whereas in the S9+ it'll use bigger dedicated bottom and Top speakers or something like that.
4. Samy can just include more stuff in the S9+ box than in the S9 or more accessories in it. Like it comes with a Dex station or something extra that usually costs more on its own.
To be honest I don't want samy to differentiate their S9/S9+ by anything but screen size and I certain it'll backlash or take a negative hit somehow. Hope this is merely a rumor and the differentiation is subtle and not extreme as they mentioned.
What do you think of my ideas? Or what do you think samy should do instead of what is said in this report?
"...and the 3.5mm headset jack isn't going anywhere"
Thank you Samsung! That's absolutely a wise decision. One less device to charge is always good.