Alien , 07 Dec 2017Even though I'm an Android fan 1000%, I'm getting really tired of this ios vs android war.
Li... more100% agreed. iOS is the worst computer OS of any type that I have used. I simply do not understand the adulation iOS gets on this site (and many others). I use an iPhone 6s and a OnePlus 3T every single day. Based on my observation, iOS is way backward compared to Androids after Lollipop. I am simply unable to understand why:
1) iOS keyboard does not have numbers, special characters and alphabets in the same view, and why am I supposed to switch between views in order to enter my user ID and password. With my logon credentials, it takes way too many clicks to do something so basic.
2) Why does iOS require 20+ clicks to delete, say five contacts in the contacts app, when Android does it in 8?
3) Why is the scroll speed in Safari so slow compared to browsers (such as Chrome) in Android? I am a regular reader of the Washington Post website. That site has the top stories of the day at the bottom of the page. I am able to scroll to the bottom in less than half the time on the OnePlus, compared to the 6s. This is true even of iOS 11.1.2
4) Why does it require an app to display emergency contacts right on the lock-screen as a scrolling ticker in iOS? Why does iOS require navigating to Emergency / Medical menu to make it visible to someone who may find my phone in an emergency?
5) Why do I need to navigate through the menu to Wi-Fi settings to switch between the 5GHz and 2.4 GHz channels at my home, when Android enables it through a long-press of the Wi-Fi icon?
6) Why do I need to use iTunes to transfer photos and music to my phone, something I do twice a week without any additional software on my Android phone?
7) Why does my iPhone keep disconnecting the Wi-Fi hotspot after around 20 minutes, even when my laptop is actively using the connection? Never happens on my "cheap Chinese" OnePlus. The only workaround I have found is to put the iPhone on the charger and turn off Bluetooth manually.
8) Why does the iPhone not have an easy way to regain lost performance as crud accumulates with usage. I have had to factory reset the device because the phone became slow with only 17 GB of 64 GB in use. This has never happened on the OnePlus (and Androids are the ones derided as "lagdroids"?), but I know that I can use App Cache Clear + CCleaner + Boot into recovery + Wipe system cache to do this without a factory reset.
9) Why does iOS not have a "Restart" button? I can tell you that "Oh, it never needs to be restarted" is not true. That 'explanation' may fly with those who don't use an iPhone everyday.
I wish I had known this before buying the iPhone. Would never have bought it. There was no hint - not on the internet, and not from my friends who had been using it - that iOS is so unfriendly. As things stand for me:
- If making a choice between a OnePlus device and an iPhone X for $1000, I would happily choose the OnePlus (or another *Android* phone, for that matter)
- If an iPhone X is USD 1000, then paying even USD 1500 to get an Android phone makes sense to me
All iOS has is quick updates. Quite how this make users' life easy, I have never been able to figure out.
And what is all that grunt going to be used for ?
Exacttly how many folk will ever get close to even using the capabilities of the 4 slower cores ?
It's a bloody phone chip.
90% of the time it's being used for taking crappy photos,watching you tit,or simple games, and text/phone/net browsing.
Anyone got access on lte that even comes close to 1.2 GPS ?
Lots of folk going to suddenly decide they can't live without vr/ar ?
I don't care if the chip can handle 10 cameras at stupid resulotion, you will always get craps pics cos everything is based on a tiny lens with minute light gathering capability,so loads of processing on tiny amounts of data from tiny lens,you cannot beat the laws of physics,you want good pics,use bigger lenses,which ain't going to happen soon on phones,not while designers insist on thinner and thinner devices,cos humans have tweezers,not fingers..
Oh dear,I can't live life without some poxy AI to try and second guess what I want to do next.
99% of the time,for 95% of the mugs who buy devices with an 845 they will be using 5-9% of its capability,and those who do something that pushes the chip near its limits will find that 25% improvement on efficiency means nothing,it will still eat battery life in a few hours,or throttle itself due to heat probe,25% improvement on atrocious means it's now just bloody awful.
It's just numbers for numbers sake,most folk won't notice difference in performance,sheer grunt does not give the same as better optimisation..
That's why you can't compare android chips to Apple chips,nothing to do with grunt,all to do with optimisation..
Android 9 will still be a load of crude tat,full of junk that nobody wants or needs..
If SD845 will have minimum 700 Gflops then, yes. Its better then A11.
Even though I'm an Android fan 1000%, I'm getting really tired of this ios vs android war.
Listen, even if Apple has a better processor (not that I give a fly about it), you're still gonna be able to change ONLY the wallpaper. That's it. Only SRATIC wallpapers. That's apple customization folks. ZERO.
While on android there are so so many things that can be changed :
- boot logo
- boot animation
- live wallpapers
- icon packs
- gif files as icons (one of the best - Buzz Launcher)
The list goes on and on. You catch my drift.
What's the point of having a good processor if you can't do sht with it?
I'm not saying I'm brilliant, but iOS is an insult to my IQ. It's an os made for grannies and people with ZERO technical skills and knowledge.
So yeah, I'll NEVER touch an iPhone ever again no matter how good it is.
If we will see this implemented in mobile VR that would be something spectacular! Current qhd is not immersive enough, phones heat up and drain battery like crazy.
The Scientist Pigeon, 07 Dec 2017People compare Snapdragon 8 series to Apple A series.
It is not a fair comparison. Why?
Beca... moreAgain you won't find a better comment than this
Android / Apple is not a comparison to make again neither is I say tentatively the 845 yo 835 as the S8 / Note 8 say is current flagship i.e. phone already purchased, in 2018 there will be purchases for the next flagship the S9, the 845 is not aimed at those who have the less than year old flagship
Fundamentally Android has the full compliment of sharing apps , Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC iPhones not
Each year Apple upgrade has how much faster this SoC is than the previous, to add to point if customisation, IPhone benchmarks the number of specific tests are number less than Android, if say Geekbench is dominated by Apple in both single and multi core this does not make up for the missing sharing apps
Yes this will be an improvement on the 835, however on this site gsmarena, the S8, defeated the iPhone 8 side by side in a video
You choose your Android and have a consistent series of apps or Apple if you think about it you cannot play a music file unless it is connected to an Apple device in some way
The important thing is manufacturers like Google and Sony will be able to get crazy high battery life out of SD845 and their flagships will destroy the A11 equipped apple flagships in every task except some heavy and impractical tasks such as 4k video render.
Crispypeddler, 07 Dec 2017the question is..can it win A11?Pure CPU Prowess. Nope.
real Life preformance. Maybe
Sum up of components. Most likely.
Battery life wise: Yes.
the first one will tak about 5-6 years to Qualcomm to achieve the score of an avarage I7 6th gen. and by then the A16 that will be used will be more powerfull than an I9-7950x
seriously the growth of Apple's chips in insane. from the A8 till now there was an increment of 800-1000 points in single core preformance!
Anonymous, 07 Dec 2017Yes it will. That has been the case for last couple of years.Doubt it. the sd845 has to reach a whole whopping 10400 points in geekbench in MULTICORE in order to beat A11. quite a few leaks suggest merely 9200 points preformance. so perhaps in antutu A11 will get it's arse beaten. but not in raw CPU prowess test.
Qualcomm Aqstic? Does this mean it'll always come with Quad-DAC?
-. -, 07 Dec 2017Questions, can A11 achieved 1.2Gbps? Can A11 run other than iphone? Or ios? Can iphone user ev... moreTrue. As long as Apple has that POS operating system calles iOS, none of their "innovations" matter.