Foxtrot2Novmbr, 20 Dec 2017Do you think that sony doesn't have any lacking key parts? Here's the other list:
1. LED flas... more1- More LED flash is not a great solution for night photography, even if you have more powerful flash, the light will irritating people's eyes and it will also causing overexposure for objects near front of the LED flash and the background will get darker because not enough light source for exposure. Slow synchronisation flash (red eye reduction) can compensate lighting to the background but if the flash is very strong the people inside the capture frame must feeling very disturb by the lights.
2- Dual front speakers is great and it is water-resistant and the XZ1 and XZ1 compact come with great and louder dual front speakers and it is water-resistant too. The competitors still behind Sony because they can not made the loud speakers with IP68 water-resistant.
3- Wireless charging is not important compared to best quality charging. I admit wireless is a great feature but the SEALED battery could be ageing and have a shorter battery lifespan. I appreciate Sony makes the refinement for the battery charging by adopt Qnovo technology, it is more practical especially a SEALED battery.
4- Sony design always has a well balanced and optimization. I think 5000 mah high battery capacity is a high percentage embedded into a smartphone, it may sacrifice some other spec features.. Overall.
5- Normally user won't run off their battery and should not be make it less than 5% to protect the battery health, therefore the XZ premium charging time should be fine furthermore Gsmarena review also stated that XZ Premium charging 30min obtain 42% battery with 3.0 quick charger. One more thing the reviewer wake-up the display constantly or run any apps at the background and any connectivity while charging also will prolong the charging time. So the review is just a reference.
TheLostWanderer, 21 Dec 2017Because Samsung actually:
Pays their workers decent salary
Spends money on research and test... moreMan you have no idea.
In my country we have a giant samsung factory and what?
People do real hardwork. My cousing is working there he earning 700 eur a month which is not much 500 eur is minimum salary here and average salary is almost 1000.
Samsung making more slaves than chinese country.
Ceo and the highest officials of Samsung live a life full of prosperity and they really dont care how hard people works to attain their richnes.
You have no idea not even slightest.
Apple is even worse but thats a different story i know and was able to see.
Denis Thomas, 21 Dec 2017I used not to put a case either, until I fell and bended the plastic frame around my Z5's scre... moreI totally agree, I didn't use case only when I had Acer Z520 but it was a shitty phone at a first place so I didn't really care.
And with S8 it's different, I don't want to damage something that good and that expensive.
AnonD-441601, 21 Dec 2017Man this tells everything. Xiaomi will be always better because for a really good price you ge... moreBecause Samsung actually:
Pays their workers decent salary
Spends money on research and testing prototypes
Xiaomi is just copy cat. It's much easier to just copy than develop on your own. And their workers are so exploited they basically work for free, and I feel sad that people support that by buying their products.
Not to mention security breaches and spyware issues with chinese phones...
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 21 Dec 20171. Why would I use the flash on the person when I lived in a forested area?
2. My unit is al... more1. Why would I use the flash on the person when I lived in a forested area?
What does the fact of flash ruining photos have to do with your location?
2. Let's not forget that the water damage in the unit isn't covered by the warranty. That's what the vendor have said to me 2 years ago.
Wrong! Sony does cover water damaged phones as long as there is no visible exterior damage. Had 2 times faulty glued units, Sony fixed them no questions asked if it got wet or not.
3. How many cables did your mother replaced in the first place in the span of 3 years?
None. She still using the charger that was in the box. Why do you need to curry all these chargers? Just curry the charger that's suitable with your phone. In Z5's case it's micro usb (the most common charger).
4. I'm asking how do you use your smartphone. Like internet, games, music, browser, chat and such.
It depends. Do I have mb or not? Am I in the mood for games or not? I listen to music all the time though, using Poweramp at the highest possible quality. So it depends but it easily gets through the day.
5) Why do you think that sony is using a puny hardware on the 6 inch clowns while the 5.5 inch has more?
Because xa1 is a midrange, and xz premium is a flagship? Of course xzp would have the most! Sony's xa ultra and xa1 ultra are both midrangers, not flagships like xzp.
Having a bigger screen doesn't mean it's a better phone.
Anonymous, 21 Dec 2017Use the proper name next time otherwise you are talking about a non-existent company.Man thats proper name. This company doesnt deserve to be called othervise but maybe you loosing your grey brain core cells so you cant understand simple facts :-)
AnonD-441601, 20 Dec 2017Man Shameshung is everything else but not avesome. They making everything from stupid toothb... moreUse the proper name next time otherwise you are talking about a non-existent company.
TheLostWanderer, 20 Dec 2017You also have to count that Samsung sells more phones than other manufacturers.
As far as f... moreMan this tells everything. Xiaomi will be always better because for a really good price you get a really good device.
Samsung also sells good devices but not for a good price.
In case of Xiaomi if they could make S8 note for example it will cost up to 500 because of Xiaomi. Thats something Samsung never cant afford.
And the other topic: https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_276m_smartphone_shipments_q3_2017-news-28623.php
no name1, 21 Dec 2017u always want cheap and durable shoes but there are many other want branded shoe like nike or ... moreYea man.
But brand not always meant to be quality.
Butter from Tesco tastes as good as Butter from Bertolli.
Despite Bertoli Butter is one of the best.
Anyway Nor Samsung Sony or Apple are best brands for mobile phones.
Vertu will be always better. Hand made means quality.
Denis Thomas, 21 Dec 20171. Do I really use the flash? Of course I do! And I don't do night photography or some other s... more1. Why would I use the flash on the person when I lived in a forested area?
2. My unit is already out of warranty since its a 2 year old device. And the warranty period is only 1 year. And I dropped it on a bucket of water this year. Let's not forget that the water damage in the unit isn't covered by the warranty. That's what the vendor have said to me 2 years ago.
3. "My mother's phone is 3 years old and it's usb port is fine" And the cable? How many cables did your mother replaced in the first place in the span of 3 years? In wireless charging. You don't even needed to replace the cable in the first place. And lets not forget that wireless charging is compatible with all wireless charging capable smartphones. Unlike cables which requires a specific port. So if your handsets have different ports like microUSB, USB-type C, 30 pin connector, lightning connector. How many cables do you think is necessary for you to carry?
4. I'm asking how do you use your smartphone. Like internet, games, music, browser, chat and such. Not some maintenance app like the greenify. And FYI I do know maintenance apps on android since I used clean master.
"So why Sony would put a 4k battery" Those 6 inch sony clowns? don't tell me that the designed itself won't fit a 4k battery? Why do you think that sony is using a puny hardware on the 6 inch clowns while the 5.5 inch has more? Think about it. This one is a recent flagship from lenovo named lenovo phab 2 pro. From the design itself. A six incher smartphone has 4k mah battery life. While most sony 6 inch device have 2,700 mah battery life!
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 20 Dec 20171. Do I really use the flash? Of course I do! And I don't do night photography or some other s... more1. Do I really use the flash? Of course I do! And I don't do night photography or some other stuff.
Really? You have a Z5p and you are not in photography? You have to understand that flash does more harm than good in most situations. As a flashlight yeah, forget about it. I agree Sony has to put a bigger and brighter flash, but not for photography.
2. I just dropped my z5 premium dual on a bucket of water. Now get this! After I dried it out all night on a rice bin. The 3.5 mm jack isn't functioning well! And I need to pay $335 for the replacement parts!
This sucks, but it might was a faulty unit. The warranty should cover that if there is no exterior damage. Or you are out of warranty? Details man, they are important! Still what I'm saying is that the speakers are not that loud maybe because of waterproofing, and razer isn't waterproof.
3. All usb ports are certain to loose connection when unplugging and replugging.
Yes, in how many years exactly? A lot right? My mother's phone is 3 years old and it's usb port is fine. wireless charging will be the main feature in many years maybe, but at the moment wired charging is quicker and more reliable than wireless.
4. LOL! How do you use your smartphone?
Like a smart guy. Shutting down apps with Greenify after I done with them, by not being online when I'm on the road, by having the screen brightness as bright as needed at the time, by making sure I don't have stuff running in the background, and by forcing the doze mode to be aggressive (with greenify again).
Why bring the huawei to this section when we are talking about sony?
Because you asked for 4k and 5k mah batteries? mate 10 is the only non rugged flagship that has a 4k battery. Not apple, not samsung, not htc, not lg, not even Sony. Only m10 has a a 4k battery as a flagship, and still, it's battery life is just good.
So why Sony would put a 4k battery when their flagship xz1 compact beats all the other flagships with just 2700 mah battery, including the mate 10?
Anonymous, 20 Dec 2017all phones needs case. S8+case is slimmer than Xperia without case. Lol, xperia xzp is 7.9 mm thick and xperia xz1 is 7.4 mm thick. Galaxy s8+ is 8.1 mm same with xperia xz.. how can you said that s8+ is more slimmer than xperia?
TheLostWanderer, 20 Dec 2017Better safe than sorry. It's expensive and I simply don't want to scratch it or break it.I used not to put a case either, until I fell and bended the plastic frame around my Z5's screen. Since then I have it's case on it, dressed in red/black :)
Better safe than sorry I agree, especially with very fragile phones like S8.
shouldbestudying, 20 Dec 2017It's kind of depressing how quick some can be, reading numbers off a chart and concluding 'thi... moreI know right? And he keeps on with the jubber jabber.
Oh well, you can't change how people think even with facts :/
Z3? Well it's 3 years old so there. Still it takes decent photos.
shouldbestudying, 20 Dec 2017It's kind of depressing how quick some can be, reading numbers off a chart and concluding 'thi... morebetter mah of course is better ..... higher megapixel also better but due to bad processing it looks grainy lolllll.
AnonD-441601, 20 Dec 2017Man Xiaomi sells much more than samsung. Somwhere here on GSM arena were a table with sales ... moreu always want cheap and durable shoes but there are many other want branded shoe like nike or Adidas which good and durable tooo.... lollll
3D Memorys, 20 Dec 2017Nice excuses, but could you live your S8 without a case? 2018 sony's oled phone will be bezelless too. so you batter learn to use case, dear mr heatpipe