How difficult it will be to manufacture:
1. 5.5" inch 18:9 display so that it is smaller than traditional 5.5" display
2. Max dimensions 145 x 70 x 7.5 (
ClockSoicy084, 01 Jan 2018So Sony didn't make any side mounted fingerprint sensing phones this year? 4 models
xXENDER FREAKXx, 01 Jan 2018And let's hope Apple won't remove anything in 2018, and I hope the rest won't follow too, beca... moreSamsung and every other Android OEM should insult Apple in a way that us consumers will also benefit.
Like, offering dual headphone jack, both of which have superior audio quality (both quality and volume output) compared to Apple's AirPods and Lightning Port.
TheLostWanderer, 31 Dec 2017Thinner phones, less bezels... I see that Samsung Galaxy S8 has had huge impact on phone desig... moreAnd let's hope Apple won't remove anything in 2018, and I hope the rest won't follow too, because the percentage of smartphones with no 3.5mm headphone jack is because of the influence from Apple
AnonD-244086, 31 Dec 2017What is 2017?A year in which Apple's biggest secret was revealed.
The year in which people didn't care about the quality of the phone until it has small bezels. (They picked the small bezels over 4K HDR screen, as if the design of the phone would make a great phone at all).
So Sony didn't make any side mounted fingerprint sensing phones this year?
Trends 2017 smartphone
1. Bezel-less and Full view display
2. 18:9 ratio and 18:5:9 ratio
3. AI Camera
4. Dual Camera
5. Smartphone without 3.5mm jack
6. Bluetooth 5.0
7. Fingerprint on front-mounted display change home button
Thinner phones, less bezels... I see that Samsung Galaxy S8 has had huge impact on phone design and has set up new trends.
Samsung really did awesome job.
I get the less bezels, reducing the forehead and chin etc for more screen.
I must admit I never thought that would result in an increase in screen height as I thought the screen would simply go into the space where the bezels used to be... ie more screen but same physical phone size.
Sorry I dont care about history or trends just give me the newest model and ill smash the old one
AnonD-481725, 31 Dec 2017Okay, i want to ask a question.
First, yesterday, after a lot of complaints from my parents t... moreCould be an update bug..
Restart your phone and check it again. If it does not work, try to factory reset.
Silly stuff of 2017 mobile year
1) 18:9 : nothing is recorded using this ratio. Videos are simply strechted. Phones look ugly and too tall. Note 7 has better design than Note 8. N8 looks like tv crtl ..
2) Bokeh : It can be done by software, 2nd cam not required. And it does not even blur background properly. You can easily see the landscape.
3) Optical zoom 2x : only 2x is not enough, object away from you. It does nit bring it forth not even 3 yards. 4x or 5x would be useful.
4) notch : put up a bezel. It is ugly.
5) dual selfie : if you want a closer shot, just keep phone even closer to you if it has wider lenses like 22 or 20mm..
Pabliell, 31 Dec 20172017 was a really boring year for smartphone industry. Firstly, the stupid 2:1 screen ratio.... moreI agree with everything you said. I believe the Moto phones and Nokia phones had the best construction because they actually used...a mix of good metal and plastic which means it can survive a drop? I did not like a lot of trends of this year. I don't mind bezel of 16:9 since most content is still 16:9; the laptop segment hasn't switched to 18:9 and still maintains enough bezel to prevent ghost touches. I just hate the sameness. Where are the creative companies? I hope Fairphone comes up with a smartphone with better internals.
AnonD-664474, 31 Dec 2017DSLRs will always be better than any smartphone cameras in terms of pure image quality. The... moreMany youtube channels and actual photographers have came out and said they're not getting rid of their SLRs for a smartphone camera. Only the Google Pixel 2/2 XL comes close. So traditional DSLRs will still have a market.