vrvly, 29 Dec 2017U11+ easily wins - in most of captured detail - 3D flac audio(when hq turned on), camera throu... moreHTC phones is always, like gsmarena says, underappreciated.
Masses don't trust them anymore after ultra-pixel fiasco. Even after the raises from ashes with HTC 10, and so on till now. Their camera is spectacular gone from worst to best, unbelievable upgrade from m7-9, but the masses still haven't got their faith back. And marketing budget also play part. Like it or not, HTC is the most underrated brand today.
1,2,3... Here comes HTC haters lol.
vrvly, 29 Dec 2017U11+ easily wins - in most of captured detail - 3D flac audio(when hq turned on), camera throu... moreXzp destroy htc u 11 in video
Xperias is a king video and stabilitation
For comparison 808 did record stereo and up to 145dB. 950 could do 3D. And be ready, surface phone is coming(2018). Wonder what it will be next, 4D?
V30 manual video ans sony super slo-mo are unmatched and what does shutter speed do in videos?
Samsung and LG have mono speaker but record in stereo while pixel and iphone have stereo but record in mono thats strange
U11+ easily wins - in most of captured detail - 3D flac audio(when hq turned on), camera through day&night captures even more detail than pixel2. Forget the rest, far behind. Sensor big, so aperture, so processing. Samsung, LG - low on detail, ZX shaky&dim, iphone colors still going yellow - is it retro?
Fearghast, 29 Dec 2017For a some time I am using LG V30 and I must say, audio capture is realy pleasant.
Nice chann... moreYes... Seems like h265 has less quality than h264.
That is why size is smaller.
Best brand flagship top 10 best video recording should be the title of this news.
As we see lots of news about phones for India market and China market but they are always about known old brands but never other brands that these markets are full of.
And then it really sux to see best video recording top 10 and is only about Huawei, Apple, Samsun and Motorola basically.
For a some time I am using LG V30 and I must say, audio capture is realy pleasant.
Nice channel seperation, clear, without agresive noise canceling, realy nice.
If you, like me, care for audio quality in your videos LG and Sony phones are imho good canditates.
Nokia 8 and HTC sound good to my ears, just not as good as LG and Sony.
Edit: Isn't h265 a bit lower quality in the name of much smaller file size? I feel like i saw some comparison and h265 did not have as good image quality.
And from this we can see that every manufacturer only focus on still images and nothing else! Tis why I hate where the phone industry is heading towards. Only make phones for social media losers
coolsauce, 29 Dec 20171. LG V30 - way too much saturation and magenta. Great details in black. Proper white balance,... moreu just talk a lil bit good thing about apple ... people will automatically label u as ishep
EIS on xperia aka STEADY SHOT works on HD, FHD@30, FHD@60 and 4K.
Not only 4K
The stabilization on iphone x is spectacular .. its like a hollywood movie cam
just bought xz premium yesterday. love it. phone is really beautiful and great machine.
1. LG V30 - way too much saturation and magenta. Great details in black. Proper white balance, distinguishes between light yellows, beige and cold whites. Grade setup like prosumer XDCAM default settings.
2. XZ1 - goes very neutral, drops magenta but introduces tad bit more yellow. Natural saturation and contrast. Good WB.
3. iPhone X - blown out highlights, grades the image into oblivion to make it warm so yellows end up oversaturated, chokes the blacks. At least reds are properly red.
4. Pixel 2 XL - goes for neutral much like Sony but keeps magenta. It takes out too much black in red and blue channels so yellows and reds end up washed out. Highlights are on the border of being burnt. Not too many details in blacks but proper WB.
5. Note 8 - WB is too violent, it doesn't distinguish light hues from whites and turns both warm and cool whites into same type of white. Drops the overall saturation but keeps the bright colors intense enough and enhances the contrast to move away from the neutral look. Due to increased contrast blacks go deep but not too much.
6. U11 - Oh god .. Drops magenta hard, stays somewhat neutral but saturation is so random and over the place. Green channels gets desaturated while cyan pops out of ying yang. WB is ok but highlight are getting clipped hard. Details in black are very decent while blacks stay juicy.
7. Mate Pro 10 - Another oh god .. Oversaturated, contrast pushed through the roof but doesn't compensate the blacks so dark details are lost. Highlights are burning. Big fat mess of color representation. WB is ok.
"Huawei pulled an Apple, and decided a few things for you on the Mate 10s - 4K videos are encoded with the H.265 codec, while 1080p uses H.264 codec"- do you guys realize HUAWEI started using that codec before even Apple!!???